inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fried Spaghetti and other ways to eat leftovers.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/28/09 at 3:01 pm

Many people don't like leftovers but I, on the other hand, like leftovers prepared in ways that they
weren't meant to be. For instance.......

Spaghetti: I put the leftover spaghetti in a frying pan with a little salt, cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally.
              This method gives the spaghetti a unique taste that is almost better than freshly cooked.

Pizza: Same as spaghetti, cover the bottom of the frying pan with a little salt. fry the pizza until the cheese melts a little.
        This way the crust stays crunchy not mushy like it is from a microwave.

Mashed Potatoes: I don't eat mashed potatoes when they are made fresh but after they've been in the refrigerator overnight
                          I'll take the potatoes and make little potato cakes out of them. Again, fry them until a golden brown crust
                          appears on each side then top with over easy eggs, it makes a great breakfast.

Subject: Re: Fried Spaghetti and other ways to eat leftovers.

Written By: karen on 02/28/09 at 3:24 pm

If I have a dish of left over vegetables I'll mash them all together.  Then I either fry it (likebubble and squeak) or just reheat it in the microwave and stir some ketchup through it all.  Nice with cold sausages

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/28/09 at 3:44 pm

Many people don't like leftovers but I, on the other hand, like leftovers prepared in ways that they
weren't meant to be. For instance.......

Spaghetti: I put the leftover spaghetti in a frying pan with a little salt, cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally.
               This method gives the spaghetti a unique taste that is almost better than freshly cooked.

Pizza: Same as spaghetti, cover the bottom of the frying pan with a little salt. fry the pizza until the cheese melts a little.
         This way the crust stays crunchy not mushy like it is from a microwave.

Mashed Potatoes: I don't eat mashed potatoes when they are made fresh but after they've been in the refrigerator overnight
                          I'll take the potatoes and make little potato cakes out of them. Again, fry them until a golden brown crust
                          appears on each side then top with over easy eggs, it makes a great breakfast.

mmm...the potato cakes sound yummy!

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/09 at 3:49 pm

I like "cold" spaghetti. Not ice cold but spaghetti that has been mixed with sauce and stored overnight in the fridge and then set out in the morning to be room temperature by lunch.  YUM!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/28/09 at 4:09 pm

Left over turkey.  Hot open faced turkey and gravy sandwiches.

Left over pizza = breakfast

left over veggies, becomes Shepherd's pie.

Written By: Brigitte on 03/01/09 at 4:34 pm

Before microwaves, I used to fry the mashed potatoes, stuffing and Turkey all in 1 skillet. I think I will do that again next Thanksgiving or Xmas!

Check for new replies or respond here...