inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sardines!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/18/09 at 9:18 pm

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering, how do you feel about sardines?

Do you like them? Hate them? Never tried them?

And if you do like them, how do you like to eat them?

And to be fair, I'll answer it too. I do like them. LOL. And I usually put a little dash of hot sauce on them, I usually can't have hot sauce, but form some reason, it works!

Please Answer.

Subject: Re: Sardines!

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/18/09 at 9:36 pm

I like Sardines (and various other "canned fish" - mackerel, anchovies, salmon, oysters, clams).  I like to eat them on Crackers.  I like them in Oil, Hot Sauce, Mustard, or Smoked.  Have not meant too many I do not like - I know - I am strange :-\\

Written By: robby76 on 03/19/09 at 6:39 am

You mean the tinned variety in tomato sauce? I remember having a very short sardine phase as a kid - used to have them in sandwiches. Now however the idea of them grosses me out a little. I think you could easily get sick of them. So I'm on the fence.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/09 at 6:42 am

Only on toast with a tomato sauce.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/19/09 at 6:57 am

There is a vast difference in them.  Some are packed in oil, some in water.  I like the ones packed in olive oil, mash them up with a bit of hot sauce, lemon juice, maybe a bit of bread crumbs, bits of mild cheese, on a slice of bread.  Pop them in the toaster and they make a nice little snack.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/19/09 at 11:59 am

8-P

Written By: Midas on 03/19/09 at 2:10 pm

8-P

My sentiments exactly.  Do not want!

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/19/09 at 2:45 pm

If it was alive, and now it's dead and in a can, I'm not eating it  8-P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/19/09 at 7:20 pm

I've always liked them with mustard, but i haven't had any in a long time. I prefer the smaller ones. now i feel a sudden craving for a can of sardines. I may have to pick some up on the way home.  ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/19/09 at 7:22 pm

....and some crackers

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/19/09 at 7:23 pm

....and some crackers
plain ol' saltines?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/19/09 at 9:13 pm

I like the ones canned in oil (tuna too) and I never paid attention the size of them actually. I eat them too quickly.

(Am I supposed to eat the little bones?  :o )

I saw Andrew Zimmern eat some fresh  out the ocean with a little olive oil and salt and with the head still attatched. (He ate the head) He just oicked them clean and ate them. He left the little skeleton behind though. LOL.

Written By: karen on 03/19/09 at 10:10 pm

I like the ones canned in oil (tuna too) and I never paid attention the size of them actually. I eat them too quickly.

(Am I supposed to eat the little bones?  :o )

I saw Andrew Zimmern eat some fresh  out the ocean with a little olive oil and salt and with the head still attatched. (He ate the head) He just oicked them clean and ate them. He left the little skeleton behind though. LOL.

you can eat the bones I think.  I always eat the bones in tinned salmon. It's a good source of calcium

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/19/09 at 10:22 pm

you should be able to eat any part of the fish that's in the can. I stopped at the store on the way home and got me a can
http://www.kingoscar.com/wp-content/themes/king-oscar/images/products/USA-brislingsardiensinoil-2layer(ou).jpg  and they were extremely good. these ones were about 2-3 times as expensive as the other ones so I went for the higher price hoping for better qaulity and it was a good choice. I had some mustard and tabasco to dip them in and some saltine crackers.  I offered Lady Di some but she was eating Oreo's and didn't want to combine the 2  ::)
good thread apollonia1986  :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 03/19/09 at 11:13 pm

I never liked sardines all that much. My dad used to eat at least one can a day.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/19/09 at 11:14 pm

I never liked sardines all that much. My dad used to eat at least one can a day.
a can a day  :o  wow! he must have really really liked them. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/19/09 at 11:26 pm

Tried them once on a pizza in 1994 because my then boyfriend loved them.  They were alright, but prefer not to have them on there.

I do like Ceasar Salad dressing (which has anchovey paste as an ingrediant) and so I guess I like them that way.  Otherwise, I'll pass.

Written By: coqueta83 on 03/19/09 at 11:51 pm

a can a day  :o  wow! he must have really really liked them. 

Yep, sure did...especially with crackers!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...