inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Peanut Butter.....creamy or chunky?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/10/09 at 8:12 pm

I like chunky but I'll eat whatever we have. We usually have Skippy brand. I like it with blackberry jam or welch's grape jelly on either white or wheat bread.
So besides a good ol PB&J sandwich, what other ways have you eaten peanut butter?

Subject: Re: Peanut Butter.....creamy or chunky?

Written By: Step-chan on 04/10/09 at 8:29 pm

I don't mind either type myself. Although creamy is usually around the house more often.

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/10/09 at 9:53 pm

Ooh creamy pb, on toast with bananas and honey at this great place in NY called the peanut butter company  :D

Written By: Jessica on 04/10/09 at 10:25 pm

I like mine crunky.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/10/09 at 10:30 pm

I like mine crunky.
how much have you had to drink tonight Jess?  ;D  crunky  ??? 

so does anyone ever get this stuff?  http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020x0DuBJE3ABdIejzbkF/SIG=1267ari0n/EXP=1239506932/**http%3A//www.taquitos.net/blogpic13/goober_grape.jpg

Ooh creamy pb, on toast with bananas and honey at this great place in NY called the peanut butter company  :D
is that the restaurant that's been on food network?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/10/09 at 11:27 pm

how much have you had to drink tonight Jess?   ;D  crunky  ??? 

so does anyone ever get this stuff?  http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020x0DuBJE3ABdIejzbkF/SIG=1267ari0n/EXP=1239506932/**http%3A//www.taquitos.net/blogpic13/goober_grape.jpg

Vaughn LOVES Goober Grape!  :D

As for me..I love crunchy peanut butter.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/10/09 at 11:42 pm

Vaughn LOVES Goober Grape!  :D

As for me..I love crunchy peanut butter.
ahh, so the marketing is aimed at the kids. what kid wouldn't want that colorful treat  ;D  I'm with you Erin...crunchy/chunky is my 1st choice

Written By: Jessica on 04/11/09 at 12:15 am

how much have you had to drink tonight Jess?   ;D  crunky  ??? 

I swear it was only one glass! :D

I like either.  Right now I'm buying organic creamy peanut butter from Costco.  I don't really like it though, so I'll get Skippy chunky the next time I shop.  More preservatives.

I love Goober, but it's so darned expensive.  So I buy peanut butter and grape jelly separately. ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/11/09 at 12:36 am

I swear it was only one glass! :D

I like either.  Right now I'm buying organic creamy peanut butter from Costco.  I don't really like it though, so I'll get Skippy chunky the next time I shop.  More preservatives.

I love Goober, but it's so darned expensive.  So I buy peanut butter and grape jelly separately. ;D
pb&j and a beer. now there's a complete meal  ::)   

Lady Di on the phone the other day said just in case you wonder why there's a big jar of peanut butter and one of jelly and a loaf of bread is because this lady outside the store gave her a sob story that she needed some money for food for her children. Di said she'd could give her some food when she came out of the store. upon leaving the store, the lady was nowhere to be found so obviously "the kids" weren't that hungry.  so now we got a supply of the good stuff. think I'll make me a sandwich for lunch tomorrow  8)

Written By: Frank on 04/11/09 at 1:53 am

I like mine smmmmmmmoooooooooth & creamy. Don't wanna see any crunky crunchy lumps appearing in my sandwich.

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/11/09 at 2:13 am

Yes it is, Mike.  I love that place.  :)

Written By: NbC on 04/11/09 at 3:45 am

Neither.  I hate peanut butter.

I will take Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and/or peanut butter cookies (if made well).  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/11/09 at 1:10 pm

other uses of peanut butter:  I have not made it, but the peanut sauce you get with Satay beef or chicken is good

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/11/09 at 3:39 pm

I like chunky but I'll eat whatever we have. We usually have Skippy brand. I like it with blackberry jam or welch's grape jelly on either white or wheat bread.
So besides a good ol PB&J sandwich, what other ways have you eaten peanut butter?

I don't have a preference - I like both creamy and crunchy. 

Ok, it sounds crazy, but peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are seriously good.  I know they sound gross, but I ate one on a dare once, and it ended up being pretty awesome.  It isn't something you'd eat every day...but it's good.

And Mike, I think I told you once that Peanut Butter on an onion bagel is good.

I've always wanted to go there!  It is definitely on my list for the next time I come back east.  Wanna come with?

Ok, I can't believe I'm about to post this picture...BUT
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/Springtimevoodoo/100_5399.jpg

When we were in Mexico, I found a jar of Goober Fresa.  Like Goober Grape but Strawberry flavored.  And I thought it was really funny, because fresa is slang for a male homosexual in spanish.  So I had to buy it.  (Not that I'm the least bit homophobic - actually just the opposite.)  Plus I love peanut butter and jelly.

ANYWAY, one morning, we were having breakfast - I'm there in my nightgown, and my sister made me try on this helmet cam we'd brought.  She thought I looked so funny that she said "I have to take a picture!"  And I said "not without my goober fresa!" 

So here you go.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/11/09 at 3:40 pm

Creamy, I have to think of my teeth these days.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/11/09 at 6:40 pm

I like mine smmmmmmmoooooooooth & creamy. Don't wanna see any crunky crunchy lumps appearing in my sandwich.

each to his/her own & I like those lumpy crunks in mine  ;D

Yes it is, Mike.  I love that place.  :)
I've seen it a few times and not sure what I would order. I'm gonna try to look up their menu.  ::)

Creamy, I have to think of my teeth these days.
I heard that chunky peanut butter is good for sharpening teeth 

don;t believe me....I just made that up. ^  :-
I don't have a preference - I like both creamy and crunchy. 

Ok, it sounds crazy, but peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are seriously good.  I know they sound gross, but I ate one on a dare once, and it ended up being pretty awesome.  It isn't something you'd eat every day...but it's good.

And Mike, I think I told you once that Peanut Butter on an onion bagel is good.

I've always wanted to go there!  It is definitely on my list for the next time I come back east.  Wanna come with?

Ok, I can't believe I'm about to post this picture...BUT

When we were in Mexico, I found a jar of Goober Fresa.  Like Goober Grape but Strawberry flavored.  And I thought it was really funny, because fresa is slang for a male homosexual in spanish.  So I had to buy it.  (Not that I'm the least bit homophobic - actually just the opposite.)  Plus I love peanut butter and jelly.

ANYWAY, one morning, we were having breakfast - I'm there in my nightgown, and my sister made me try on this helmet cam we'd brought.  She thought I looked so funny that she said "I have to take a picture!"  And I said "not without my goober fresa!" 

So here you go.

are you kidding me?   ;D  that's so funny Ash, and what a coincidence. thanks for psoting that wacky pic and with a jar of the good stuff too  ;D    got me laughing  ;D

I do not remember the onion bagel & peanut butter conversation, well maybe vaguely I do.  it sounds so mismatched to me but it's good huh?

Written By: anabel on 04/11/09 at 6:43 pm

Creamy Jif for me!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/11/09 at 6:44 pm

I love that PB smell when you first open the jar  ::)

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/11/09 at 7:38 pm

I like peanut butter either way. I especially like the natural, no sugar added kind. You have to stir it like crazy before spreading it, but I love the taste!

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/11/09 at 8:31 pm

Ash,
Yes, it's a sure thing for your next visit  8)

Written By: robby76 on 04/11/09 at 9:53 pm

other uses of peanut butter:  I have not made it, but the peanut sauce you get with Satay beef or chicken is good

Yes it is very good - however any recipe that calls for peanut butter will not taste anything like the real Indo/Malaysian satay sauce. Even the Chinese jarred varieties are nothing like the original.

Back to the question, I like chunky peanut butter with lots of jelly / jam. I don't mind smooth but would rather not have that stick to the roof of your mouth feel.

Written By: Lindee on 04/12/09 at 10:50 am

Definiately chunky

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/13/09 at 12:51 am

yesterday I had a PB&J sandwich, chunky PB and grape jelly on wheat bread. it was so good I had to have a 2nd one  :) 

Written By: mooster on 04/16/09 at 5:09 am

LOVE peanut butter - has to be smoothy though!

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/09 at 3:43 am

I can't eat Chunky PB, it has to be smooth

I miss how Skippy PB used to have a peanut on top

Written By: Midas on 04/30/09 at 5:09 pm

I like mine crunky.

You and Lil' Jon.  OKAAAAAY!

Creamy PB for me.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  It looks like you found that jar of Goober Fresa in a mine.  ;D

Written By: Gis on 05/01/09 at 8:26 am

Crunchy! We have a awesome organic brand over here It might be by whole earth, I'll have to check the jar when I get home. It has no added sugar etc but it is GOOOOOD 8)

I like the idea of trying it with honey and banana..........

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/01/09 at 4:33 pm

You and Lil' Jon.  OKAAAAAY!

Creamy PB for me.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  It looks like you found that jar of Goober Fresa in a mine.  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Written By: Criz on 05/12/09 at 3:03 pm

Smooth all the way...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/09 at 3:58 pm

Carlos makes a peanut sauce for chicken-YUMMY.

For me, chunky.

Cat

Written By: ninny on 05/18/09 at 12:32 pm

I prefer Chunky,but will soon have to eat creamy because it takes me to long to eat it.

Written By: nally on 05/19/09 at 12:02 pm

I prefer "neither", since I am not fond of peanut butter myself. My mom says I used to love it when I was 3 or 4 years old, but I do not remember that at all. So I don't like the stuff.

Written By: Gis on 05/24/09 at 3:38 am

Just bought some smooth to make peanut butter frosting to go on some Chocolate brownie muffins I have to make! I foolishly mentioned at work that I had seen just such a muffin with it's frosting in a shop and not bought it. The girls I worked with were shocked and appalled I had resisted as we don't usually get such things in the U.K. Somehow I ended up agreeing to make some for work when it's my birthday. We always bring in cakes on our birthday at work. So I,m going to have to do a trial run first of course!!  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/29/09 at 9:52 pm

I actually prefer chunky peanut butter, but I found that when I spread it, it tore my bread to shred, so all you'll find is Creamy in my house.

You'll also find one gourmet one that has white chocolate mixed in and i eat that right out the jar! Sometimes I even remember to use a spoon!  ;D

Written By: Fairee07 on 06/29/09 at 11:33 pm

I don't have a preference - I like both creamy and crunchy.  ....

Totally off topic but the Chambers Brothers song "Time Has Come Today" just came on as I looked at your peace sign!

Written By: Fairee07 on 06/29/09 at 11:34 pm

Oh and I prefer chunky.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/30/09 at 1:38 am

Just bought some smooth to make peanut butter frosting to go on some Chocolate brownie muffins I have to make! I foolishly mentioned at work that I had seen just such a muffin with it's frosting in a shop and not bought it. The girls I worked with were shocked and appalled I had resisted as we don't usually get such things in the U.K. Somehow I ended up agreeing to make some for work when it's my birthday. We always bring in cakes on our birthday at work. So I,m going to have to do a trial run first of course!!  ;D
so how did they turn out? 

I haven't had any peanut butter and am thinking I want a PB&J sandwich tomorrow. we usually always get Skippy chunky or creamy. are there currently any recalls for peanut butter for e-coli or something else gnarly?  :-\\      someone soemwhere said they like Jif so I may try some of that brand next. 

Carlos makes a peanut sauce for chicken-YUMMY.

For me, chunky.

Cat
I betcha it is really good. when is the last time you had some?

Written By: Lindee on 07/02/09 at 3:07 pm

I take peanut butter and put in a small glass dish and microwave for about 25-30 seconds and then pour it over ice cream.

Written By: Womble on 07/05/09 at 11:33 am

I take peanut butter and put in a small glass dish and microwave for about 25-30 seconds and then pour it over ice cream.

Interesting. I think I'll try that.

Check for new replies or respond here...