inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kentucky Grilled Chicken

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/19/09 at 1:02 am

Since we were one of the first markets to try it, I heartily recommend it. ;D

Subject: Re: Kentucky Grilled Chicken

Written By: gibbo on 04/19/09 at 5:14 am

Since we were one of the first markets to try it, I heartily recommend it. ;D

'gilled' chicken?  Is that like chicken of the sea?  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/20/09 at 12:37 pm

I don't know if even I wanna try it.  I'm a fan of the fried stuff - the crispier the better.  I wish they made extra crispy strips.  My life would be complete.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/21/09 at 1:47 pm

I haven't tried it yet, but I don;t know if I'd dig it. I actually like Church's chicken the best of all the fried chicken chains.

Written By: nally on 04/21/09 at 2:42 pm

I haven't tried it yet, but I don;t know if I'd dig it.

Neither have I, but to me it does sound more appealing than the fried stuff. I personally prefer grilled food to fried food any day.

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/21/09 at 8:30 pm

I haven't tried it yet either, but I would like to some time.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/21/09 at 10:42 pm

I just spoke with my boyfriend, Dion, and he said he tried this for lunch.  8-P He didn't like it.

But you can't go by him. The man has odd tastes. He likes peanut butter and mint jelly together. So his opinion is iffy at best.  ;)

Written By: Midas on 04/23/09 at 12:37 pm

I just spoke with my boyfriend, Dion, and he said he tried this for lunch.  8-P He didn't like it.

But you can't go by him. The man has odd tastes. He likes peanut butter and mint jelly together. So his opinion is iffy at best.  ;)

;D

I wanna try it.  I like KFC's Original Recipe.  I only get to KFC a couple times a year.

Written By: whistledog on 04/23/09 at 5:43 pm

I've never been a fan of grilled chicken.  I like my chicken deep fried.  The more grease the better.  It's not good for you, but what the hell.  If you're gonna die, die happy ;D

Written By: Frank on 04/25/09 at 1:19 am

Haven't tried it yet, but will soon, I hope. I don't get to KFC often.

Written By: mooster on 04/26/09 at 3:45 am

Haven't tried it

Written By: gibbo on 04/26/09 at 3:58 am

Haven't tried it

I don't think we have it over here...

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/26/09 at 6:22 am

Haven't tried it yet, but it does look good!

Written By: gibbo on 04/26/09 at 6:32 am

Hey...I just realized that a fast food restaurant over here (Nandos) does chicken cooked on the grill....and it's delicious! Nandos is  Eastern (Indian, I think) and so does a few spicy types.

Written By: mooster on 04/26/09 at 8:51 am

That would explain it then  :P

Hey...I just realized that a fast food restaurant over here (Nandos) does chicken cooked on the grill....and it's delicious! Nandos is  Eastern (Indian, I think) and so does a few spicy types.

Oporto's does as well  ;)

Written By: karen on 04/27/09 at 9:40 am

I had some last week.  It was nice and juicy - not at all dry.

Written By: Midas on 04/27/09 at 10:38 am

I tried some last night.  Wasn't dry, but it was just...lacking...something.  I dunno.  For KFC, I prefer the original recipe.  For grilled chicken, El Pollo Loco FTW.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/02/09 at 1:11 am

I got it a little while ago and it seemed barely grilled. I was really quite disappointed, but I guess expected too much. It's another one of those cases where the food in the ad looks far different from the actual product you end up with, mine seemed more like it was boiled rather than grilled. I'll maybe try it again to see if I just had a bad order but based on that order I way prefer the crispy.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/02/09 at 5:48 am

I love grilled chicken.  I wouldn't go out of my way for this, it is mediocre to ok, like the rest of KFC

Written By: Stompgal on 05/04/09 at 9:37 am

I didn't know KFC did grilled chicken. Maybe it's not available in the UK yet...

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 05/11/09 at 8:22 pm

Will never eat KFC until they raise their standards and go back to the recipes used in previous decades. The original recipe is clearly lacking an herb or two and they also quit using the pressure cook method, they changed their gravy to generic brown gravy in the 90s, and those biscuits have the consistency of dog biscuits.

Written By: anabel on 05/16/09 at 7:32 am

I tried it about a week or two ago and it was pretty good, but my Mom makes it better.  I had it again the other day at lunchtime and it was a little different-not as good as the first time-messing with the recipe already?  It was from 2 different stores about 20 miles apart, but shouldn't they all taste the same?

Written By: danootaandme on 05/16/09 at 9:05 am

The thing about all franchises is that they tend to vary from store to store, there are a couple of KFCs that I won't ever walk in to, then there are a couple I will go out of my way for if I am in the mood for it.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/02/09 at 8:17 pm

I tried it a couple weeks ago and it was not bad.

Not bad at all.  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/02/09 at 9:24 pm

I tried it a couple weeks ago and it was not bad.

Not bad at all.  :)
Still want to try it  ::) Maybe the 4th....

Written By: Marian on 08/16/09 at 3:08 pm

I like the fact that the one in our area is combined with A&W.i tend to like popeye's chicken better--not as greasy.

Check for new replies or respond here...