inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ramen Recipes?

Written By: Big Nasty on 04/19/09 at 5:37 pm

Does anybody have a strange recipe that they make with Ramen Noodles (Oodles of Noodles)?

I have experimented with a few different variations.

One of my favorites is to add lots of cheese as well as some Hot Sauce to the noodles after I drain all of the water from them.

Subject: Re: Ramen Recipes?

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/19/09 at 6:09 pm

The David Ramen Mix includes. . .

Ramen Noodles, preferably oriental--but chicken works well,
one egg
two slices of cheese
crushed red pepper
a hint of hot sauce
and when I'm up to it. . .
chopped up chicken (you can either grill them to make it fancy or do what I do, Tyson's chicken nuggets)

Written By: Big Nasty on 04/19/09 at 8:33 pm

Somebody is a Culinary Artist of Ramen Noodles

Written By: Davester on 04/19/09 at 8:41 pm

In college I had my share of Ramen and peanut butter sandwiches.  Not the cup -o noodles, but the flat, rectangular kind...

Plain with lots of pepper is best, IMO, but my girlfriend would add egg, which was good.  Ramen with fresh bok choi (Chinese cabbage) is delish...

BAD - cheese?  Yuck..!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/19/09 at 8:52 pm

I've put a half a can of peas (I love peas) and/or frozen stir-fry mix (that I cook in the microwave) in it.  The stir-fry was alright, but I need to perfect how to cook it so that it doesn't get all mushy.  You could probably add a can of water chestnuts or those little bitty cans of corn (sorry I know they have a name, but I don't know what it is) - you often find it it Chinese take-out. 

I'm the only one that eats ramen in the little bricks since the spice packet is pure MSG (which bothers the hubby.) 

Written By: Davester on 04/19/09 at 8:57 pm

I've put a half a can of peas (I love peas) and/or frozen stir-fry mix (that I cook in the microwave) in it.  The stir-fry was alright, but I need to perfect how to cook it so that it doesn't get all mushy.  You could probably add a can of water chestnuts or those little bitty cans of corn (sorry I know they have a name, but I don't know what it is) - you often find it it Chinese take-out. 

I'm the only one that eats ramen in the little bricks since the spice packet is pure MSG (which bothers the hubby.) 

Oh I forgot about the stir fry, used to do that, too, but I can't remember what else we put in it.  Maybe snow peas...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/19/09 at 8:59 pm

Or you could go here for some recipes:

http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=123078

http://www.mattfischer.com/ramen

http://www.lakeside.com/details.asp?CK=Y&I=GRH&N=36+4&Nao=7&R=873104012GRH4&product=Graduation-Gifts-and-Essentials

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/19/09 at 9:28 pm

Also, this... though I think there was an even-more-epic thread, that'll get y'all started.

Written By: Jessica on 04/19/09 at 10:40 pm

A package of ramen, some Red Devil cayenne sauce, and a squeeze of lemon.

Sometimes I'll add chicken and veggies to it to stretch it out.

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/20/09 at 7:03 am

I make a Chinesechicken noodle soup with Ramen,  it has Ginger, sherry and soy sauce in it ( along with spice packet) for flavor.  Carrots and scallions and I usually boil a chicken, so I use that broth.  Awesome for a cold.  The flavor come through and clear up what ails yah

Written By: Step-chan on 04/20/09 at 11:30 am

Let's see, I added hot sauce, garlic, ground red pepper and black pepper to it, but that's not unusual for me since I like spicy hot flavors.

The only other thing I've done was made the ramen noodles without the stock that comes with it, then make tomato soup(usually spiced out abit) and add the ramen and soup together afterward.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/20/09 at 12:41 pm

I've added diced ham to it, or diced leftover pork chops.  I've also added peas.  I haven't tried the egg.  That sounds good! 

Now I'm craving ramen.

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/20/09 at 12:45 pm

Holy crap!  I've only ever added water  :o  I've got to get moving on some of these recipes. 8)

Written By: Tam on 04/20/09 at 3:01 pm

I used to make Curry Ramen when I was in College.

Simple - boil ramen, drain. (Throw away season packet.) Add butter and curry powder. Kick in a dash of cayenne pepper (to your taste or liking) and away you go.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/20/09 at 5:35 pm

I gotta try these recipies because all I ever do is boil them and go one with it. LOL.

My boyfriend lost his mind one day and poured a bunch of Tabasco sauce on his. And spent the rest of the evening mopping up his vomit after his tummy couldn't handle the heat.  ;D

Written By: Big Nasty on 04/20/09 at 8:21 pm

I do a type of seafood Ramen.  I simply don't use the seasoning packet, I add Old Bay Seasoning instead.

Written By: Jessica on 04/20/09 at 9:52 pm

I do a type of seafood Ramen.  I simply don't use the seasoning packet, I add Old Bay Seasoning instead.

Old Bay Seasoning rules.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/21/09 at 12:40 am

when we have get togethers, bbq's, potlucks, many times our friend Misi will make Cabbage Crunch which is a killer salad dish, this stuff is so good and has an excellent texture & I always ask her to bring it  :)

Cabbage Crunch Salad

1 head or 1 bag shredded napa cabbage
3-4 green onions, sliced
1 pkg. chicken Ramen noodles, uncooked, crunch up
2 tsp. sesame seeds
1/2 c. sliced/slivered almonds

DRESSING:

2 tsp. sugar
1/2 c. olive oil
3 tsp. vinegar
1/2 flavor pack from Ramen noodles
2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
pepper & salt to taste if desired
Mix up and pour dressing over top.

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/21/09 at 7:16 am

when we have get togethers, bbq's, potlucks, many times our friend Misi will make Cabbage Crunch which is a killer salad dish, this stuff is so good and has an excellent texture & I always ask her to bring it  :)

Cabbage Crunch Salad

1 head or 1 bag shredded napa cabbage
3-4 green onions, sliced
1 pkg. chicken Ramen noodles, uncooked, crunch up
2 tsp. sesame seeds
1/2 c. sliced/slivered almonds

DRESSING:

2 tsp. sugar
1/2 c. olive oil
3 tsp. vinegar
1/2 flavor pack from Ramen noodles
2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
pepper & salt to taste if desired
Mix up and pour dressing over top.

love this stuff

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/21/09 at 11:41 am

love this stuff
so you make it too? it's really good stuff. I have not had it in awhile and since it's getting to be BBQ weather here, I may have to put in a request/order next time we get together

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/21/09 at 4:36 pm

so you make it too? it's really good stuff. I have not had it in awhile and since it's getting to be BBQ weather here, I may have to put in a request/order next time we get together
Yes I love it with Broccoli slaw too (Shredded Broccoli - actually I have a lot of people say they prefer mine.) When I tell them it is Broccoli Slaw- Oh I do not like broccoli.  If I just let them try it - they all seem to like it.  This is a popular salad to take to potlucks, as it mixes up quickly and holds up well.  Fave of mine.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/16/09 at 1:55 pm

Recently, I've tried it with a small amount of BBQ sauce. Not bad either.

Written By: ninny on 11/17/09 at 9:02 am

Recently, I've tried it with a small amount of BBQ sauce. Not bad either.

I've tried that also,it's pretty tasty.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/17/09 at 2:14 pm

It definetly helps with the cheaper brands.

Written By: Big Nasty on 11/25/09 at 3:48 am

I've added diced ham to it, or diced leftover pork chops.  I've also added peas.  I haven't tried the egg.  That sounds good! 

Now I'm craving ramen.

Funny thing is ASH I am also craving Ramen now.  After 6 months here I am bored with the Dining Facility so I tend to start leaning more towards the Ramen Noodles.  I steal a piece of my rommmates Velveeta block and toss it in till it melts....mmmmmm!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/09 at 5:14 pm

Quick Egg Drop Soup ALA Carlos. 

Add a beaten egg or two (per package), chopped up carrots, onions, garlic, a little bit of soy sauce.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...