inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cucumber Salad Recipie

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/20/09 at 5:30 pm

Hi Everyone!

I need a little help. I really love to eat cucumber salad, but for some reason when I make it, it doesn't taste the same. Here's the ingredients I put in:

1 and a half cucumbers sliced
A half cup of vinegar
! full cup of water
Half a small onion diced
Salt and Pepper to taste

I just don't quite understand what I'm doing wrong. It tastes too heavily of vingear and too lightly of the actual cucumber.

If anyone can help me with this, please do!

Subject: Re: Cucumber Salad Recipie

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/20/09 at 7:46 pm

Hi Everyone!

I need a little help. I really love to eat cucumber salad, but for some reason when I make it, it doesn't taste the same. Here's the ingredients I put in:

1 and a half cucumbers sliced
A half cup of vinegar
! full cup of water
Half a small onion diced
Salt and Pepper to taste

I just don't quite understand what I'm doing wrong. It tastes too heavily of vingear and too lightly of the actual cucumber.

If anyone can help me with this, please do!

Your missing the sugar!

cucumbers, thinly sliced
    1 small white onion, thinly sliced
    1 cup white vinegar
    1/2 cup water
    3/4 cup white sugar
    1 tablespoon dried dill, or to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Toss together the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and pour over the cucumber and onions. Stir in dill, cover, and refrigerate until cold. This can also be eaten at room temperature, but be sure to allow the cucumbers to marinate for at least 1 hour.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/21/09 at 1:45 pm

Hi Sami!

Sugar! I thought I was missing sugar, but wasn't sure how much to put in! KARMA!
Thank you so so much for the heads up. I'll try to put sugar in it.

I served some of the super tart cucumbers to my boyfriend and he actually loved it. I think that man has a cast iron stomach LOL.  :D

Thanks again!

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/21/09 at 4:33 pm

Hi Sami!

Sugar! I thought I was missing sugar, but wasn't sure how much to put in! KARMA!
Thank you so so much for the heads up. I'll try to put sugar in it.

I served some of the super tart cucumbers to my boyfriend and he actually loved it. I think that man has a cast iron stomach LOL.  :D

Thanks again!
I love these cucumbers - and I actually had to look up a recipe (when I asked my mom for recipe she said "Recipe???" I just dump this ,this ,and this in the bowl" "I don't know how much - till it looks right"  NO HELP).  Had to look it up ;)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/21/09 at 10:38 pm

Hey Sami, I can testify on that no recipie thing.

I was guessing with the list I put up. Heck I'm from the South. Everythig I cook is a "handful of this " and a "pinch of that". I eyeball most everything I cook! LOL!

But thanks for the  help!  ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/24/09 at 1:56 pm

There's a variation where fresh pieces of tomato is added.  I could eat that stuff by the gallons. :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/25/09 at 7:19 am

There's a variation where fresh pieces of tomato is added.  I could eat that stuff by the gallons. :)
there is a greek salad I love.  Cucumber, tomato, onion, red wine vinegar dressing, and feta cheese  (some good olives can be thrown in sparingly as well) - Awesome stuff and I love to sop up the dressing feta broth with some good crusty bread (this is the best with summer fresh tomatoes - yummy) my tummy is growling right now

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/25/09 at 10:14 am

there is a greek salad I love.  Cucumber, tomato, onion, red wine vinegar dressing, and feta cheese  (some good olives can be thrown in sparingly as well) - Awesome stuff and I love to sop up the dressing feta broth with some good crusty bread (this is the best with summer fresh tomatoes - yummy) my tummy is growling right now

Wow that does sound good. :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/25/09 at 11:05 am

Wow that does sound good. :)
http://banquetexpress.com.au/banquet/images/imagecache/GREEK%20SALAD.JPG never put the green peppers in it though ::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/25/09 at 2:58 pm

http://banquetexpress.com.au/banquet/images/imagecache/GREEK%20SALAD.JPG never put the green peppers in it though ::)

Visual effects are stunning.  I think pepper would ruin it.  Peppers and vinegar is pretty disgusting.

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/25/09 at 6:41 pm

Visual effects are stunning.  I think pepper would ruin it.  Peppers and vinegar is pretty disgusting.
my thoughts exactly - man I am wishing for some farm fresh tomatoes right now :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/25/09 at 6:53 pm

I've always had it with red onions.  I can't imagine any other kind. 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/25/09 at 7:05 pm

That salad does look yummy, but I could live with out the tomato. For some reason I hate eating fresh tomatoes. LOL.  8-P I remember eating in school and loving it so much that I dip my roll in the vinegar juce to eat all of it. That was the BOMB!

Written By: mikebennington on 10/05/09 at 1:04 pm

Hi,
I don't understand What are you really want to say.

So please clear with your thoughts.So, We understand you easily

And may provide some better help to you.

I will gonna happy to help you.
Thanks

Written By: karen on 10/05/09 at 1:16 pm

Dude, are you for real?

Hi,
I don't understand What are you really want to say.

So please clear with your thoughts.So, We understand you easily

And may provide some better help to you.

I will gonna happy to help you.
Thanks

Yet again the same weird way of asking what a thread is about when its perfectly clear what the thread is about.  If you really have a question learn to quote the post you want to ask about and then maybe people can help.  If you are just here to 'spam' the boards or promote whatever the hell Forex is then get lost

Written By: Red Ant on 10/21/09 at 9:10 am

Dude, are you for real?

Yet again the same weird way of asking what a thread is about when its perfectly clear what the thread is about.  If you really have a question learn to quote the post you want to ask about and then maybe people can help.  If you are just here to 'spam' the boards or promote whatever the hell Forex is then get lost

He got losted.  ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The recipe looks good!

Ant

Written By: karen on 10/21/09 at 8:25 pm

He got losted.  ;)

Ant

Shame!

:-*

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/22/09 at 2:16 pm

Dude, are you for real?

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this guy is full of spam. 8-P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/02/09 at 8:46 pm

Paula Deen made a cucumber salad today on her show, it seemed a little complicated with having to drain the cucumbers in a sieve/colander over a bowl in the fridge (to get most of the water out) and also doing the same process for some yogurt (in a colander with cheesecloth) and of course she added a whole container of sour cream and some other stuff.  I guess it sounded good, I just don't really like to fuss much in the kitchen.  I wouldn't object if someone else made food though.  :D

Written By: chiefyamick on 11/05/09 at 12:24 am

Every cucumber salad recipe I've ever used recommends you slice the cukes really really thin, then place them in a strainer and salt them down (not too heavy, let me tell ya!!) to extract excess juice from them. Kinda like what you would do with an eggplant. squeeze them slightly to get the juice off, then add whatever dressing, vinegar or creamy. enjoy!!

Check for new replies or respond here...