inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How do you like your tuna?

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 7:59 pm

I like my tuna with mayo. I don't mind pickle relish but cannot stand celery in my tuna...
or vinegar- don't know if this is a Cali thing or not but there is one restaurant that puts some kind of vinegar or oil on the sandwich. 

At home I love tuna on toast but in public I usually take it on wheat bread.

I don't really like frills on my sandwich so if there is lettuce and tomato on it then I will just eat the tomato, then the lettuce and then eat the sandwich....

sometimes I will put potato chips on my tuna sandwich....it satisfies the need for crunch when I cant have it on toast...

I hate sourdough bread so I would never eat it on that... and... obviously, no cheese....

oh and you people who put mustard on your tuna are just plain weird.  ;D

Subject: Re: How do you like your tuna?

Written By: Jessica on 05/19/09 at 8:05 pm

Heh.  I had tuna for dinner.  I mix it with Miracle Whip, pepper, and some dried onion flakes.  Slap it on some bread with bread n butter pickles and a slice of cheese.  So gooooooooooood.

And it has to be water packed tuna.  None of that oil packed crap.

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 8:11 pm

Heh.  I had tuna for dinner.  I mix it with Miracle Whip, pepper, and some dried onion flakes.  Slap it on some bread with bread n butter pickles and a slice of cheese.  So gooooooooooood.

And it has to be water packed tuna.  None of that oil packed crap.

I always wind up buying 1 of each can of tuna but then when I get around to finding the one I like I forget and have to start all over again when I get to the store  ::)

never thought about dried onions.... that might be good... and I love Miracle Whip... but I'll put MW or Mayo (which ever I have) in my salad I just can't eat "dry" tuna  8-P

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/19/09 at 8:17 pm

I like my tuna with some mayo and pickle relish. I usually have it with saltine or Ritz crackers instead of make a sandwich.  I don't know, for some reason I just like it that way.

I always buy the water-packed cans. I never liked the ones with oil in them.

Maybe I'll try it with some dried onion flakes sometime, too.  Sounds good!  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/19/09 at 8:22 pm

I like my tuna salad sweet - I can make my tuna with just a can of tuna and sugar (sounds gross - but it is rather good) if I have too... So usually tuna, miracle whip, sugar and some sweet relish, light on the onion and HEAVENS SAKES NO MUSTARD :P - I also like pieces of hard boiled egg in it (if I have it)... Prefer it to be on toast (or in a tomato - if they are in season)...  I will also eat it on club crackers, or as a dip for potato chips (I never got into the putting chips on my sandwich - they fall off).

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 8:36 pm

I like my tuna salad sweet - I can make my tuna with just a can of tuna and sugar (sounds gross - but it is rather good) if I have too... So usually tuna, miracle whip, sugar and some sweet relish, light on the onion and HEAVENS SAKES NO MUSTARD :P - I also like pieces of hard boiled egg in it (if I have it)... Prefer it to be on toast (or in a tomato - if they are in season)...  I will also eat it on club crackers, or as a dip for potato chips (I never got into the putting chips on my sandwich - they fall off).

hmmmmm....sugar in tuna.... I'm crazy enough to try that!!!!

I also use tuna as a dip. A grocery store here makes good tuna so I will buy a bit from the deli and some baby carrots and dip the carrots into the tuna and scoop!!!!! 

you know- the trick to potato chips on a sandwich is to not stack the chips so high...essentially you just need one layer of chips- then you push down and crunch them into the sandwich...then munch...

dang...all this talk about tuna... now I want Subway but I only have $2

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/19/09 at 8:39 pm

hmmmmm....sugar in tuna.... I'm crazy enough to try that!!!!

I also use tuna as a dip. A grocery store here makes good tuna so I will buy a bit from the deli and some baby carrots and dip the carrots into the tuna and scoop!!!!! 

you know- the trick to potato chips on a sandwich is to not stack the chips so high...essentially you just need one layer of chips- then you push down and crunch them into the sandwich...then munch...

dang...all this talk about tuna... now I want Subway but I only have $2

You need 5 dolla - and the paper boy wants your 2 dollars ::)

Written By: loki 13 on 05/19/09 at 8:47 pm

On the grill.  ;D

I have to open 2 cans on tuna because I'll eat one can before I can mix any.

Very light on the Mayonnaise, I mix in diced onions and celery slap it on some
light toast with American cheese.

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 8:50 pm

You need 5 dolla - and the paper boy wants your 2 dollars ::)

HOLLA!!!!!

Written By: anabel on 05/19/09 at 8:51 pm

I prefer my tuna to be eaten by someone else...preferably in another city.....P.U. !!!!    8-P 

;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 8:53 pm

I prefer my tuna to be eaten by someone else...preferably in another city.....P.U. !!!!     8-P 

;D

HA! Well that was creative!

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/19/09 at 9:32 pm

On the grill.  ;D

I have to open 2 cans on tuna because I'll eat one can before I can mix any.

Very light on the Mayonnaise, I mix in diced onions and celery slap it on some
light toast with American cheese.

Q - not like your tuna ::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 9:46 pm

Q - not like your tuna ::)

not even close!  ;D

Written By: Frank on 05/19/09 at 10:33 pm

I like my tuna with mayo. I don't mind pickle relish but cannot stand celery in my tuna...
or vinegar- don't know if this is a Cali thing or not but there is one restaurant that puts some kind of vinegar or oil on the sandwich. 

I don't really like frills on my sandwich so if there is lettuce and tomato on it then I will just eat the tomato, then the lettuce and then eat the sandwich....

sometimes I will put potato chips on my tuna sandwich....it satisfies the need for crunch when I cant have it on toast...

I hate sourdough bread so I would never eat it on that... and... obviously, no cheese....

Tuna with Mayo on bread (whole wheat or white)
Lettuce is OK, no tomatoes (I'm allergic)

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 10:46 pm

Tuna with Mayo on bread (whole wheat or white)
Lettuce is OK, no tomatoes (I'm allergic)

oh noz...no ketchup for frank... I am so sorry!

Written By: Frank on 05/19/09 at 11:19 pm

oh noz...no ketchup for frank... I am so sorry!

I'm actually OK with ketchup, not raw tomatoes, too acidic maybe.

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 11:20 pm

I'm actually OK with ketchup, not raw tomatoes, too acidic maybe.

oh good... don't know why I was upset for you but I was  ;D

Written By: Frank on 05/19/09 at 11:48 pm

oh good... don't know why I was upset for you but I was  ;D

Thanks. If you knew how many more foods I am allergic too, it might make you really upset for me (potatoes, beans, strawberries, curry, peas, corn)

Written By: Gis on 05/20/09 at 4:20 am

I like tuna with either mayo with some dill mixed in, or with salad cream. I hate the canned stuff in brine  8-P way too salty. I prefer it in water or sunflower oil.

I love salad so I'm good with lettuce and tomato. Hate, hate, HATE celery *why* do places do that?? and can't have it with bell pepper either.

I love tuna and cheese (sorry Q) so tuna melts are always good, also like that on baked potatoes too. I like fresh tuna steaks too, either baked or grilled.   

Written By: Paul on 05/20/09 at 6:37 am

Much as I like fish, I cannot abide tuna in any form!  :P

Written By: robby76 on 05/20/09 at 7:17 am

I hate celery full stop. Worst vegetable ever!

Anyway I love my tuna with light mayonnaise, red onion, no butter, lashing of white pepper - all on wholemeal toasted bread.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/20/09 at 9:27 pm

mayo, a small amount of chopped onion on whole grain bread toasted.  A slice or two of tomato.

Written By: karen on 05/20/09 at 10:02 pm

My mum used to mix tinned tuna with salt, pepper and vinegar if we were having it as part of a salad.

Usually I buy the tuna in water.  I drain it and mix it with mayo.  If I have some I might put cucumber slices on top in a sandwich. 

It's also nice mixed with ranch dressing

Written By: snozberries on 05/20/09 at 11:23 pm

My mum used to mix tinned tuna with salt, pepper and vinegar if we were having it as part of a salad.

Usually I buy the tuna in water.  I drain it and mix it with mayo.  If I have some I might put cucumber slices on top in a sandwich. 

It's also nice mixed with ranch dressing

cucumber could be good.

Written By: robby76 on 05/21/09 at 12:43 am

mayo, a small amount of chopped onion on whole grain bread toasted.  A slice or two of tomato.

You had me up until the tomato...  8-P  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/21/09 at 12:59 am

it's gotta be white albacore, preferably Star Kist or Costco brand Kirkland. I prefer it mixed with mayonaise (Best Foods) and salt and pepper and I like adding chopped dill pickles in it.  my secret ingredient is I add a teaspoon or 2 of juice from a jar of dill pickles & that kills any fishy flavor. as for bread, it can be plain ol' white, or wheat, ior toast or just about any kind of cracker.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/21/09 at 10:00 am

You had me up until the tomato...  8-P  ;D

Tomatoes are optional.  However the onion isn't.

Written By: Kryllith on 05/21/09 at 2:53 pm

Raw.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/29/09 at 9:59 pm

Gosh, I like my tuna extremely simple. I put mayo, boiled eggs and onion in it. And I spread it on a cracker or bread with a dill pickle slice on it. I can't stand it with tomoato. I hate raw tomatoes. LOL.

Written By: karen on 05/29/09 at 10:12 pm

Gosh, I like my tuna extremely simple. I put mayo, boiled eggs and onion in it. And I spread it on a cracker or bread with a dill pickle slice on it. I can't stand it with tomoato. I hate raw tomatoes. LOL.

is this a different definition to the word simple than I am used to?

Written By: snozberries on 05/29/09 at 10:25 pm

is this a different definition to the word simple than I am used to?

;D

simple is tear pouch, pour, use fork or spoon to apply directly to mouth?

I know what you mean tho... first you have to boil the eggs, then chop the onion, drain tuna, spoon the mayo  and mix all the contents... plus there's the acquisition of the crackers or bread...the spreading of the concoction and then the slicing of the pickle...although you can get them pre sliced..but you still have to open that pesky jar!  :D

Written By: mooster on 07/08/09 at 4:00 am

Plain on a sandwich, or in a tuna and pasta bake  8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/11/09 at 10:14 am

Plain on a sandwich, or in a tuna and pasta bake  8)

Tuna noodle casserole is the best. :)

Written By: mooster on 07/29/09 at 8:18 pm

Sure is ! I might have to cook it for dinner tonight now  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/29/09 at 8:19 pm

Sure is ! I might have to cook it for dinner tonight now  8)
my wife made some last night  :)

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/09 at 2:15 pm

my boss made some... now I know this sounds odd but  tuna, a bit of mayo, a bit of cream cheese, and dried cherries.... yeah I know... but it was good!

Written By: whistledog on 08/01/09 at 3:55 pm

"You can Tune a piano, but you can't Tuna Fish"

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/09 at 4:01 pm

"You can Tune a piano, but you can't Tuna Fish"

feeling quite punny today aren't you!

Written By: mooster on 08/12/09 at 10:41 pm

my wife made some last night  :)

With lots of cheese melted under the griller, on top ? Mm mmm  8)

Written By: ninny on 08/13/09 at 2:22 pm

UGH.I've hated that since I was a kid,probably why I never made it for my kids. Tuna salad sandwich for me.

Written By: snozberries on 08/13/09 at 7:16 pm

I have been eating a lot of tuna lately... I decided to try Miracle Whip light..... can't tell a difference it tastes great but less cals.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/13/09 at 7:57 pm

my boss made some... now I know this sounds odd but  tuna, a bit of mayo, a bit of cream cheese, and dried cherries.... yeah I know... but it was good!

Doesn't sound odd.  I could probably handle that, all though I prefer mine to be on the spicy side.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/18/09 at 4:52 pm

Here's how I like my tuna....

Tuna in water and most of the water drained
Mayonnaise
Relish
Celery Seed (Yes, I like Celery Seed on mine)!
Sometimes...Lemon Flavoring.

The bread should be lightly toasted brown and with lettuce and tomato. (God, I'm sooooo getting hungry)! :P

Written By: nally on 06/01/17 at 6:34 pm

If there's not too much mayo in tuna, then it's fine by me. I know that the mayo often helps tuna stick together.

Written By: Howard on 06/02/17 at 7:42 am

I definitely enjoy mayo and a pinch of salt on my tuna sandwiches.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/02/17 at 9:46 pm

Doesn't sound odd.  I could probably handle that, all though I prefer mine to be on the spicy side.

You lost me with the cherries. I don't know why people have to mix fruit in where it doesn't belong. One of the WORST chicken salads I ever ate had pineapple and cranberries mixed in.  8-P
Let's leave tuna savory.

Subject: How do you like your tuna?

Written By: Dude111 on 06/25/17 at 4:41 pm

I love my Tuna with Natural Mayo (THAT DOESNT HAVE EDTA CRAP IN IT)

Written By: Howard on 06/26/17 at 7:27 am

I love my Tuna with Natural Mayo (THAT DOESNT HAVE EDTA CRAP IN IT)

I do like tuna with mayo.

Written By: Ripley on 06/26/17 at 8:58 am

I mix in miracle whip, the only good mayonais lol, and pickles. So not really tuna salad. I don't care for eggs or mustard in it. And I hate relish. So I just mix a couple things and eat it out of a bowl with a spoon. Also, I make what I call extra cheesy tuna macaroni. Mac n cheese with other stuff mixed in.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/26/17 at 5:37 pm

I mix in miracle whip, the only good mayonais lol, and pickles. So not really tuna salad. I don't care for eggs or mustard in it. And I hate relish. So I just mix a couple things and eat it out of a bowl with a spoon. Also, I make what I call extra cheesy tuna macaroni. Mac n cheese with other stuff mixed in.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/b5/1c/4f/b51c4fe2226905bfc34888987e4f65e5.jpg
Honey you lost me when you said Miracle Whip. I like that tangy zip on some things, but not in tuna. I like pickles but I prefer dill relish, just on top (in sammie form) not mixed in. Need eggs, especially need ONION. I'm kind of obsessed with onion. I try to toss tuna in when I need a protein boost.

Written By: wixness on 06/27/17 at 1:33 am

I also quite like it with mayo. I had cubed tuna once, which was soaked in brine. Tasted good as usual, and I liked the concept of it. It was soaked in a bit of brine though, and that's been my recent experience with tuna that's not in a sandwich, so I can't really enjoy it with mayo.

Written By: Ripley on 06/28/17 at 6:34 am

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/b5/1c/4f/b51c4fe2226905bfc34888987e4f65e5.jpg
Honey you lost me when you said Miracle Whip. I like that tangy zip on some things, but not in tuna. I like pickles but I prefer dill relish, just on top (in sammie form) not mixed in. Need eggs, especially need ONION. I'm kind of obsessed with onion. I try to toss tuna in when I need a protein boost.

I'm not a fan of onions 😁

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/17 at 8:28 pm

For me, I like my tuna to remain in the tin can, I have allergies to that fish.

Check for new replies or respond here...