inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Close inspection of the box reveals that Crunchberries... are not really berries

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/04/09 at 4:50 pm

http://www.loweringthebar.net/2009/06/reasonable-consumer-would-know-crunchberries-are-not-real-judge-rules.html

who said judges lack commonsense?

Subject: Re: Close inspection of the box reveals that Crunchberries... are not really berries

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/09 at 7:36 pm

Does this also mean that Peanut Butter Crunch is not made with real peanut butter? :(

Subject: Re: Close inspection of the box reveals that Crunchberries... are not really berries

Written By: snozberries on 06/04/09 at 10:05 pm

That's why I only eat Fruity Pebbles and Fruit Loops... I know those are real.....says so right on the box.... 

hmmmm why do they spell Fruit Loops FROOT LOOPS?

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/05/09 at 10:14 am

Grape Nuts - No grapes, no nuts!  Sticks and stones maybe, but no grapes or nuts!  WTF?

Subject: Re: Close inspection of the box reveals that Crunchberries... are not really ber

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/09 at 10:53 am

Grape Nuts - No grapes, no nuts!  Sticks and stones maybe, but no grapes or nuts!  WTF?

;D

Subject: Re: Close inspection of the box reveals that Crunchberries... are not really ber

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/05/09 at 1:09 pm

I love grape nuts

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/05/09 at 1:37 pm

Talk about a frivolous lawsuit attempt.  I want to sue!!!  Barbie cereal doesn't have real Barbies in it. >:(  Ok, that sounded bizarre, but someone's bound to do it.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/05/09 at 2:39 pm

I love grape nuts

8-P  Do you like your teeth?  I've only tried that cereal once, and it was literally like chewing on rocks!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/05/09 at 2:46 pm

Talk about a frivolous lawsuit attempt.  I want to sue!!!  Barbie cereal doesn't have real Barbies in it. >:(   Ok, that sounded bizarre, but someone's bound to do it.

Just a question--who in thier right mind would want to eat real Barbies?  :(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/05/09 at 5:01 pm

Just a question--who in thier right mind would want to eat real Barbies?  :(

That really isn't the point.  The point is some things really shouldn't be taken literally.  Let alone sue over.

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/09 at 8:06 pm

Talk about a frivolous lawsuit attempt.  I want to sue!!!  Barbie cereal doesn't have real Barbies in it. >:(   Ok, that sounded bizarre, but someone's bound to do it.

oh man.... Frosted Flakes never made me a better soccer player either.... okay- - I've never actually played soccer but I'm pretty sure Frosted Flakes wouldn't give me game like the ads say they will.

Written By: whistledog on 06/05/09 at 10:18 pm

Kellogg's Berry Bones ... not actual Bones, just berry flavoured cereal in the shapes of bones.  Totally misleading.  So does this mean those dinosaur skeletons in museums are made from berries? 

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3385/3517986248_ded16c5742_m.jpg

Kellogg's Ice Cream Cones .. not actual Ice Cream Cones, just little crunchy bits that look like Ice Cream Cones, but taste like Vanilla.  If it says Ice Cream Cones on the box, I expect there to be actual Ice Cream Cones in the box, not replicas.  If this cereal still existed, I would totally sue :D

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ice-cream-cone.jpg

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/05/09 at 10:24 pm

Holy flashback!  I had forgotten about that ice cream cone cereal!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/05/09 at 10:59 pm

Smurf Berry Crunch didn't have real Smurf berries in it. :\'(  I've been gyped!!!

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/09 at 11:34 pm

Smurf Berry Crunch didn't have real Smurf berries in it. :\'(   I've been gyped!!!

or real smurfs for you to crunch!  ;)

Written By: Davester on 06/06/09 at 12:39 am

;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/09 at 11:03 am

or real smurfs for you to crunch!  ;)

Man, I wonder what that would taste like.  You'd be probably spittin' out bits of Papa Smurf's beard ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/06/09 at 5:22 pm

Man, I wonder what that would taste like.  You'd be probably spittin' out bits of Papa Smurf's beard ;D

The red hat would be tough to digest. :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/09 at 6:57 pm

The red hat would be tough to digest. :-\\

Not as hard as brainy's specs.  :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/06/09 at 7:06 pm

Not as hard as brainy's specs.   :D

I wouldn't want to eat Jokey Smurfs exploding present.

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/09 at 7:17 pm

I wouldn't want to eat Jokey Smurfs exploding present.

That would be indigestion :D

Written By: Fairee07 on 06/29/09 at 11:37 pm

Wow, they don't contain real berries!!!?? What a shocker!  :o  :o  :o

Written By: Robert on 05/21/10 at 2:46 am

8-P  Do you like your teeth?  I've only tried that cereal once, and it was literally like chewing on rocks!

You have to put the milk on 'em and let 'em sit for awhile. Otherwise they do have a texture similar to kitty litter or aquarium gravel.

Written By: Robert on 05/21/10 at 2:49 am

That's why I only eat Fruity Pebbles and Fruit Loops... I know those are real.....says so right on the box.... 

hmmmm why do they spell Fruit Loops FROOT LOOPS?

Copyright or trademark reasons I believe. The words "fruit" and "loops" are both common nouns and can't be trademarked but Froot Loops is original.

Written By: Howard on 05/21/10 at 6:42 am

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kzcqp3kIjH1qzu0gs.jpg

And Fruity Pebbles don't have real pebbles in it,just looks like it,but it's actually fruit colored rice.

Written By: Midas on 05/22/10 at 7:39 pm

But...but...the crunchberries taste like crunchberries!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/10 at 11:17 pm

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kzcqp3kIjH1qzu0gs.jpg

And Fruity Pebbles don't have real pebbles in it,just looks like it,but it's actually fruit colored rice.

Never could get around the ick factor of the fine grit that stuff would leave all over you mouth!
:P

Written By: Howard on 05/23/10 at 6:52 am

Never could get around the ick factor of the fine grit that stuff would leave all over you mouth!
:P

or how about the fruit colored milk that it left behind after.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/10 at 8:12 pm

I planted some out back, but no Crunchberry bushes grew. 
:(

Written By: snozberries on 06/03/10 at 8:15 pm

two posts in a row you made me laugh....the other was dingleberry delight!  ;D 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/10 at 8:20 pm

Thanks, Snoz!
:)

Written By: Howard on 06/04/10 at 5:31 am

Did you also expect Capt.Crunch to help you grow them?  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/14/10 at 10:55 pm

Did you also expect Capt.Crunch to help you grow them?  ::)

Cap'n Crunch was like Obie Wan Kenobie.  Uncle Ben can only carry you so far, then you got to work it out for yourself!

Just tell Sophocles.  He knows.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/15/10 at 11:46 pm

http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF224-Commander_Crisp.jpg

HOLD!

Cap'n Crunch was like Obie Wan Kenobie.  Uncle Ben can only carry you so far, then you got to work it out for yourself!

http://i.imgur.com/xOBCt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sAPI9.jpg

- Captain Crunch is truly the Breakfast of the Gods

Written By: Howard on 06/16/10 at 6:44 am

http://grahamten.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/crunch-berries.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/17/10 at 1:32 am

^  I knew people who ate that batch.  Made 'em feel kinda sick and dizzy.  It was a toxic waste dump.  It's all the barrels of stuff that arrived from New Jersey with the chemical companies saying, we don't know what to do with this crap!  Little id we know, the cereal killers were buying it and throwing in some corn syrup and coloring and selling it to children!
8-P

Written By: Howard on 06/17/10 at 6:20 am

I think crunchberries are made from corn. ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/22/10 at 1:17 am

I think crunchberries are made from corn. ???

It's a corn base shot up with various sugars, flavorings, and colorings!
8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/28/10 at 10:34 pm

8-P

You say that like it's a bad thing!

http://www.hackvan.com/pub/stig/pix/subversive/killogs-smack.gif

(You know you're getting old when you're about to say "I remember when it was 'Sugar Corn Pops', not 'Corn Pops", but at least I don't remember 'Sugar Pops'.  Ditto for Sugar Smacks (Honey Smacks), and Sugar Crisp, Super Sugar Crisps, which ended up as Super Honey Crisps.)

Written By: Howard on 06/29/10 at 5:29 am

Just about every cereal has SUGAR!  :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/29/10 at 6:40 am

8-P
Corn does not have to be "shot up with various sugars" - corn is sugar, and starch, and oil...  Corn syrup is after all, made from corn (it is not just in the word). 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/10 at 10:25 pm

Corn does not have to be "shot up with various sugars" - corn is sugar, and starch, and oil...   Corn syrup is after all, made from corn (it is not just in the word). 

That's why you can make whiskey out of it.  It's more risk than corn, but yields a thousand times more per acre! Get yourself a fast car and get on board!

Check for new replies or respond here...