inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Would You Eat THIS?????

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/21/09 at 6:11 pm

Hi Everyone!

Earlier today, I was watching one of my favorite TV chefs--Paula Deen--cooking. I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying, just that she was making food inspiried by a trip she took to Greece. She claimed she was making a dessert and I saw her making a simple syrup in a pan. So far it looked alright and even yummy but then she killed it.
She dumped about a cup of sliced cherry tomoatoes into the syrup and then dumped it over vanilla ice cream!  8-P I almost had a fit.

It seems strange to put tomatoes with ice cream. Would you eat it? I'd probably throw it back at the waiter,seeing as I hate tomoatoes,  but what would you do? LOL.

Subject: Re: Would You Eat THIS?????

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/21/09 at 6:13 pm

I love tomatoes, and they actually are a fruit, so I'd try it  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/21/09 at 10:46 pm

I would not.  I don't do tomatoes.  Especially not on ice cream!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/09 at 10:50 pm

hell to the NO.

Written By: gibbo on 07/21/09 at 11:37 pm

Interesting...I saw a similar idea on the Aussie version of Master Chef last week. The chef was demonstrating how to use tomatoes as desert...  I guess I would try it .... but all the other deserts (chocolate mousse etc) would have to have gone first!  ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/21/09 at 11:45 pm

Wow, no love for tomatoes, guys.  Maybe it's because I'm Italian and always grew up with them in our garden, but they are a staple in my house.  My daughter eats them like a big juicy apple  :)

Written By: gibbo on 07/22/09 at 1:27 am

Wow, no love for tomatoes, guys.  Maybe it's because I'm Italian and always grew up with them in our garden, but they are a staple in my house.  My daughter eats them like a big juicy apple  :)

I even used to eat them slightly green...straight off the plant (like an apple)... :)

Written By: Frank on 07/22/09 at 1:43 am

I am allergic to tomatoes, so...no I won't eat it.

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/22/09 at 8:24 am

I even used to eat them slightly green...straight off the plant (like an apple)... :)

We're presently growing 2 plants of our own.  One, is my daughters and she gets to tend to, the other is clipping given to us by a neighbor.  We are in a competition with 2 others to see who grows the biggest tomato  :D

Written By: gemini on 07/22/09 at 12:39 pm

I love tomatoes, so I'd try it. I like them sliced with salt or right off the vine. We used to grow tomatoes when I was a kid and we ate cherry tomatoes like there was no tomorrow!

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/22/09 at 7:31 pm

I love tomatoes and I love ice cream......just NOT together!  8-P

Written By: Lindee on 07/24/09 at 10:50 am

I love tomatoes but not on ice cream.  8-P As a kid I remember seeing tomato jelly or preserves in the store. I think t was made by Smuckers. Today I don't see it anymore.

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/09 at 2:35 pm

I make it a rule never to eat anything that is questioningly asked if one would eat it ;D

Would you eat Squid topped with cheese, onions and marinara sauce?
Would you eat pork loin covered with Pineapples, Gravy and Chocolate Sauce?

:D

Written By: mooster on 07/26/09 at 5:36 am

Interesting...I saw a similar idea on the Aussie version of Master Chef last week. The chef was demonstrating how to use tomatoes as desert...  I guess I would try it .... but all the other deserts (chocolate mousse etc) would have to have gone first!  ;D

I must've missed that episode...was it Poh ?

I guess I would try it too - though having said that, we use pumpkin here as a vegetable and I can't comprehend ever eating it as a dessert  :P

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 07/26/09 at 5:49 am

If Paula prepared it personally, I'd probably at least sample it... otherwise, no!  :o

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/26/09 at 9:17 am

I must've missed that episode...was it Poh ?

I guess I would try it too - though having said that, we use pumpkin here as a vegetable and I can't comprehend ever eating it as a dessert  :P

Well, that's a good point.  My family does chop up pumpkin in this great squash dish and my mother also makes an awesome pumpkin pie!  Maybe that's why I'd be willing to try the tomatoes.

Written By: Brigitte on 07/26/09 at 2:56 pm

I'll try anything once! ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/26/09 at 3:01 pm

I'd try it.  I can think of stranger things.

Written By: annimal on 08/31/18 at 9:30 pm

just try and stop me

Check for new replies or respond here...