inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Paella

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/09/09 at 3:59 pm

This Spanish Dish containing chicken, chorizo, and seafood with rice and vegetables seems to me a good dish that I would like to sink my teeth in.

I really love seafood and this may be the dish that I may enjoy.

Anyone tried Paella?

Subject: Re: Paella

Written By: Jessica on 09/09/09 at 4:57 pm

This Spanish Dish containing chicken, chorizo, and seafood with rice and vegetables seems to me a good dish that I would like to sink my teeth in.

I really love seafood and this may be the dish that I may enjoy.

Anyone tried Paella?

Yes.  It's exquisite, but very hard to make.  If you're going to try it, find a good restaurant that specializes in it, or else you'll just end up disappointed.

Written By: Paul on 09/09/09 at 5:04 pm

Agreed! I've had a couple of 'rough' ones in the past, which has more or less put me off the stuff!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/09/09 at 5:23 pm

I haven't had paella in years!  I remember my mom making it once or twice and it was very good...but a lot of prep!  :o

Written By: Brigitte on 09/10/09 at 8:33 pm

I love it too! Kinda like Jambalya! (I like better 'cuz it's hotter) Yummy good.

Written By: robby76 on 09/24/09 at 10:04 am

Paella is very hit n miss. You'll need to push the boat out and go to a pretty authentic restaurant to get the real deal. The main complaint with lesser variations is that they can be dry and tasteless. But yes I do like it!  :)

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-02/45107411.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/24/09 at 6:02 pm

Carlos makes it. He gets packaged Paella and then adds a lot of seafood-not just shrimp but also canned octopus & canned conch.

Cat

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/24/09 at 7:34 pm

I love paella, but I agree its a challenge to find a restaurant that makes a really good one. 

Written By: nally on 09/24/09 at 7:35 pm

I think my parents tried some on their cruise 2 years ago when they went to the Mexican Riviera. I've never tried any myself yet, but I'm sure it is good.

Written By: Christie Marie M on 12/24/09 at 9:11 pm

I love Paella. I especially love eating it with Spare Ribs and Chicken when we ordered at some Portugese grill near where we live.

Check for new replies or respond here...