inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I just tried a Dairy Queen Dilly Bar.....

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/25/09 at 4:47 pm

It was awesome! Dilly bars are like a Mayfield Brown Cow: vanilla ice-cream enclosed in a chocolate shell on a stick. Very cold, thick, and delicious. Anyone else tried them?

Subject: Re: I just tried a Dairy Queen Dilly Bar.....

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/25/09 at 5:40 pm

You just tried one????  THey have been around forever.  My favorite is the cherry coated.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/25/09 at 5:42 pm

Yeah, I had my first today... just a plain, chocolate-covered one. And, they come already frozen over time, so you don't have to worry about melty ones.

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/25/09 at 6:01 pm

Yeah, I had my first today... just a plain, chocolate-covered one. And, they come already frozen over time, so you don't have to worry about melty ones.
yep - when my mom owned a DQ (40 some years ago) - they used to have to make the dilly bars (make round dollops of ice cream on wax paper, put a stick in and freeze solid, then dip them in the dipp and refreeze).  Now they come already made and packaged in a box.

I buy a box of 6, gotta love em. 

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/25/09 at 6:02 pm

Your mom owned a DQ?! Wow. On the topic of DQ's Cool Treats, I also enjoy their dipped cones, milkshakes, and Waffle Bowl Turtle sundaes.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/25/09 at 11:00 pm

I like their M&M Blizzards and Starkists(any flavor for the most part) the most.

Written By: ninny on 09/26/09 at 7:18 am

I wish there was a Dairy Queen close to me >:(

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/26/09 at 2:20 pm

Step-Chan: Never tried many Blizzards before. I'd like the Oreo one though.

Ninny: Seriously? No DQ? Wow. Hey, we don't have a Burger King near us, so I know how you feel.

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/27/09 at 9:40 am

Your mom owned a DQ?! Wow. On the topic of DQ's Cool Treats, I also enjoy their dipped cones, milkshakes, and Waffle Bowl Turtle sundaes.
Yes but it was 40+ years ago and she owned the business and she bought her supplies (ice cream mix, through Dairy Queen) - it was not Corporate like it is now

Written By: Midas on 09/27/09 at 1:32 pm

Dilly bars are pretty good.  I like the butterscotch-dipped ones.

Had a Blizzard a couple weeks ago.  New flavour: Cookie Jar.  It was Oreos AND Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough together.  Yum!

Written By: whistledog on 09/29/09 at 6:21 pm

I go to Dairy Queen often, but I can't say as I have ever ate any ice cream or cold treat from there ;D

I go for the hamburgers and their awesome basket fries with chili and gravy.  Oh yeah!

Written By: Fairee07 on 09/29/09 at 7:10 pm

I go to Dairy Queen often, but I can't say as I have ever ate any ice cream or cold treat from there ;D

I go for the hamburgers and their awesome basket fries with chili and gravy.  Oh yeah!

I'm like the opposite because I don't really care for their hot food but I like their icecream.

Anyway, I don't think I've had a Dilly Bar or a dipped cone (at least remember having one). I've always figured that they would taste similar to those Dove or Haagen Daz bars so I go for Blizzards instead.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/01/09 at 10:36 pm

I've had several from M&M, to Butterfinger to Cheesecake.

Written By: ninny on 10/02/09 at 8:35 am

Ninny: Seriously? No DQ? Wow. Hey, we don't have a Burger King near us, so I know how you feel.

The closes DQ is nearly 2 hours from me..The closes BK @ 7 minutes.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/27/09 at 12:20 pm

It was awesome! Dilly bars are like a Mayfield Brown Cow: vanilla ice-cream enclosed in a chocolate shell on a stick. Very cold, thick, and delicious. Anyone else tried them?

Those have been around forever.  When I was a kid (and still today) we got them from the ice cream man.  We called the chocolate covereds

Check for new replies or respond here...