inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember The "Super Bar" At Wendy's???

Written By: Dude111 on 12/18/09 at 8:59 pm

Remember back in the late 1980s and early 1990s when Wendy's had the "Super Bar"?

It was sort of a buffet that was split up into at least three sections...one section being a typical salad bar,one Mexican with all the fixins to make your own tacos,burritos,etc and the other Italian,often with small slices of pizza (cheese or pepperoni),pasta,garlic bread,etc..

I used to often order the Super Bar whenever I went to Wendys,and I have mi$$ed it over the years :( (They removed it)

I got that spaghetti that was out on it,AWWWW it was SOOOOOOOOO G00D!!

Well,

A couple years ago they made another disgusting change: THEY CHANGED THE BUNS THEY USE ON THIER HAMBURGERS!! (Pure garbage,like a crossiant roll) I havent eaten @ wendys for years because when they changed the buns to this crap,i didnt want anything there anymore..

Today i went there and noticed a kids menu AND THE HAMBURGERS ON THIS MENU HAS THE ORIGINAL BUNS!!

I ordered a #2 (Classic Double w/cheese,etc) and i wanted it on one of those buns!! (It was a little small but worth it!!)

I might start going to Wendys more again :)

I mi$$ the 80s more and more everyday!!! :(:( (The good days)

Subject: Re: Remember The "Super Bar" At Wendy's???

Written By: whistledog on 12/18/09 at 9:32 pm

This topic would be best in the Food section :)

I didn't know Wendy's ever had a Super Bar.  Of course, when I was a kid, we never went to Wendy's.  It was usually McDonalds.  Speaking of McDonalds, remember the McDLT and how you had to assemble it yourself?  "Keep the hot side hot, and the cool side cool".  In the one side of the styrofoam container (yes styrofoam) it said "Put your fries here" lol

I ordered a #2 and i wanted it on one of those buns!!

http://uiforum.uaeforum.org/images/smilies/laughing-smiley-007.gif

Written By: ninny on 12/19/09 at 11:45 am

I've been going to Wendy's for over 30 years and I don't remember it, we use to have a salad bar at our local Wendy's but that was it.

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/19/09 at 7:49 pm

I didn't go to Wendy's all that much when I was a kid, but I do remember they once had a salad bar.  Not sure if it was a Super Bar, though. 

Written By: Dude111 on 12/19/09 at 10:38 pm

I guess NOT ALL WENDYS HAD A "SUPER BAR" they just had a reg bar..

I went there again tonight and had another yummy #2!! (On an original bun)

Written By: gumbypiz on 12/23/09 at 3:40 am

The Wendy's Super Bar was a staple of mostly mid west Wendy's franchises and the larger ones at that. I've never seen one out here in Cali, my hometown area of DC/Baltimore, and didn't see them in the south either.

I first saw one when I was attending art school in Columbus, OH (home of the original two story Wendy's on Broad St).

In college (early 90s), the Super Bar was your friend, for $4.99 (then the price was raised to $5.99) you could go in and stuff yourself, a poor college students dream. You could, if you were very stealthy about it, even try to feed your friends too, but they were pretty strict about that on the OSU campus Wendy's (two of them on High St if I remember correctly) and we got tossed out a few times trying that ;D...good times, but mostly only average to sub par food. But as a college student, broke and starving art student no less, Wendy's was the Holy Grail of food at the time...

It wasn't like you were getting some grade A food here, but it was appropriate for the price point and the amount (unlimited) they were offering you. ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/23/09 at 6:43 am

The one near my home town in Illinois had a Superbar, and yes I ate at Wendy's when they had this.  The one at college, no super bar.  The Chili and spaghetti was awesome, and I remember the hamburger chunks in them were weird shaped, till I found out this was how they used "borderline" hamburger.  The old hamburger they would toss into the Chili, taco meat, and spaghetti sauce.  The stuff was good.

I never go to Wendy's now, as I am not a hamburger fan (and their's drip grease which really makes me ill) and I once got a taco salad that had lettuce drowning in grease as well.  Their baked potatoes have no options like they used to.  So the only thing I like there is the frosty.

Check for new replies or respond here...