inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Holiday Dinners

Written By: Christie Marie M on 12/25/09 at 12:46 pm

I had Turkey, Stuffing, Potato Salad, and Lasagna. For Dessert: Christmas Cookies, Cassava Cake, Ambrosia Fruit Salad, Hot Cocoa, etc. We also drank Eggnog.

Subject: Re: Holiday Dinners

Written By: nally on 12/25/09 at 10:54 pm

Let's see...for our Christmas dinner (which I helped prepare) we had a Honeybaked Ham (with plenty of it left over; we'll eat it over the next week or so), raviolis, veggies, fresh-baked bread, homemade cranberry sauce, and a potato concoction.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/25/09 at 11:05 pm

Hubby and I both had Prime Rib sizzling skillets at Denny's. 

Written By: Jessica on 12/25/09 at 11:31 pm

Ham and pasta salad.  For dessert, brownies, pecan pie, and lemon meringue pie.

Written By: ninny on 12/26/09 at 7:06 am

Hubby and I both had Prime Rib sizzling skillets at Denny's. 

Tim & Iwent to Denny's the night before Christmas.
For Christmas my dad had Prime Rib, mashed potatoes and gravy & steamed broccoli & cheese sauce. have a hiatal hernia plus bad teeth so I couldn't eat the meat :(

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/26/09 at 7:32 pm

This year we had turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans with toasted almonds, and carrot cupcakes.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/26/09 at 9:25 pm

I officially get HOSED on the Holiday Dinners....

My mother = terrible cook (but she tries to be festive, good silverware, good china, and cloth napkins; the food always looks better than it is)

My mother-in-law just does not even try to make a "Holiday" dinner.  We have loose hamburger (on a bun), chips, macaroni and cheese (kraft from a box),and this year green bean casserole.

And they both insist on having it there....  If anyone wants to come for the Holidays, they can have my share ::)

Written By: Christie Marie M on 12/26/09 at 9:53 pm

I officially get HOSED on the Holiday Dinners....

My mother = terrible cook (but she tries to be festive, good silverware, good china, and cloth napkins; the food always looks better than it is)

My mother-in-law just does not even try to make a "Holiday" dinner.  We have loose hamburger (on a bun), chips, macaroni and cheese (kraft from a box),and this year green bean casserole.

And they both insist on having it there....  If anyone wants to come for the Holidays, they can have my share ::)

Wow, that's some dinner you had on the holidays. We had a non-Traditional holiday dinner 2 years ago when we were in Florida: We barbecued steak and ribs, baked potatoes, and sweet potatoes. I hate sweet potatoes with a passion! Oh, and some brussel sprouts (yuck!).

Written By: sky14 on 04/18/10 at 10:25 am

And we had  turkey,green beans,potatoes.
For Dessert: ice-cream with chocolate.

Listen to The Hives music free

Written By: lola669 on 04/19/10 at 10:20 am

Wow, that's some dinner you had on the holidays. We had a non-Traditional holiday dinner 2 years ago when we were in Florida: We barbecued steak and ribs, baked potatoes, and sweet potatoes. I hate sweet potatoes with a passion! Oh, and some brussel sprouts (yuck!).

We were in Florida for Christmas two years ago.  For lunch we had nachos and popcorn (we went to a movie) and for dinner we had Seafood.  That was one of the worst Christmases ever.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...