inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Carl’s Jr. Footlong Cheeseburger

Written By: gumbypiz on 07/14/10 at 12:31 am

OK, so here's Carl's Jr's salvo into the heat attack sandwich war (take that KFC's Double Down!).

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/7/12/11/the-carls-jr-footlong-cheeseburger-17258-1278950091-7.jpg
:o ::) :D

Subject: Re: Carl’s Jr. Footlong Cheeseburger

Written By: Paul on 07/14/10 at 1:36 pm

My general health tells me 'no way', but it looks strangely appealing...

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/17/10 at 6:29 am

You just gotta love Carl's Jr. (also known as Hardee's in the midwestern and southern United States). While McDonalds, Burger King and Wendy's keep half-heartedly offering "healthy alternatives" to try and appease the food police, Carl's Jr./Hardee's always goes the other way. They're like, "F--- it, lets just give all these fat bastards what they want."

You just know that the people running Carl's Jr./Hardees are a bunch of total rednecks.  :D :D :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/17/10 at 11:33 pm

You just gotta love Carl's Jr. (also known as Hardee's in the midwestern and southern United States). While McDonalds, Burger King and Wendy's keep half-heartedly offering "healthy alternatives" to try and appease the food police, Carl's Jr./Hardee's always goes the other way. They're like, "F--- it, lets just give all these fat bastards what they want."

You just know that the people running Carl's Jr./Hardees are a bunch of total rednecks.  :D :D :D

Even Wendy's is manageable.  I just can't stand Mickie-D's/BK.  Sometimes if it's really late, the McDonald's 24-hour drive through is the only game in town!

There might be locals there too!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pimpflash.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/26/10 at 8:30 pm

They're like, "F--- it, lets just give all these fat bastards what they want."

If you haven't seen Idiocracy, drop what you're doing and watch it now.

I'll bet Carl's Jr. would give anything to be able to use the movie's versions of their ads as their real slogan.  (I'd be there on opening day, just as a sign of moral support.  And for the record, yes, I ordered a case of Brawndo the day it became available.  It's got electrolytes.)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/27/10 at 9:22 pm

OK, so here's Carl's Jr's salvo into the heat attack sandwich war (take that KFC's Double Down!).

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/7/12/11/the-carls-jr-footlong-cheeseburger-17258-1278950091-7.jpg
:o ::) :D

"Is that the footlong?"

"And then some!"

Quick! What movie is that from?!?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/10 at 10:10 pm

"Is that the footlong?"

"And then some!"

Quick! What movie is that from?!?

Sigh...

Nick the Dick
Bachelor Party (1984) with Tom Hanks

And yes, I did see it in the theater!
:-[

Check for new replies or respond here...