inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Quinoa

Written By: danootaandme on 09/26/10 at 6:16 am

I resisted, but broke down and tried the stuff.  IT IS GREAT!  I love the texture, the taste, and I find it easier to cook than rice.  The switch is on.

http://peru-recipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/quinoa-pilaf-quinua-2005.jpg

Subject: Re: Quinoa

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/10 at 8:10 am

Is this a form of Couscous?

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/10 at 8:52 am

They had a sampling at Costco the day after I heard it mentioned for the first time on next good network star

I have to admit the texture took me by surprise and I didn't like it that much.

Then again- I'm a super picky eater so it's not that surprising.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/26/10 at 9:36 am

They had a sampling at Costco the day after I heard it mentioned for the first time on next good network star

I have to admit the texture took me by surprise and I didn't like it that much.

Then again- I'm a super picky eater so it's not that surprising.

You might not have liked what they seasoned it with.  Like rice or pasta, what you put on it is what makes it.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/10 at 11:21 am

You might not have liked what they seasoned it with.  Like rice or pasta, what you put on it is what makes it.

that maybe but I also wasn't too fond of the texture either.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/26/10 at 3:27 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa

High in protein and amino acids - kind of sounds like the new superfood.  I will definitely try it.

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/26/10 at 3:59 pm

I resisted, but broke down and tried the stuff.  IT IS GREAT!  I love the texture, the taste, and I find it easier to cook than rice.  The switch is on.

http://peru-recipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/quinoa-pilaf-quinua-2005.jpg
How did you make it???

Written By: danootaandme on 09/26/10 at 4:26 pm

How did you make it???

I didn't, just put in a picture, but that is what mine pretty much looked like.  You cook it like rice then add what ever you want. This looks like it has diced peppers and carrots.  I have diced carrots, celery, and raisins in mine.  A little bit of soy, a little bit of butter and mmmm mmmm  good.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/29/10 at 10:42 pm

Is this a form of Couscous?

Couscous is glorified pasta.  Quinoa looks like couscous, but it's an actual grain.  And unlike a basic flavor-carrier rice, quinoa has texture and flavor.  Easy to cook, versatile, and ... well, just experiment with some.  It's neat stuff.  You will find a use for it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/10 at 1:26 am

Couscous is glorified pasta.  Quinoa looks like couscous, but it's an actual grain.  And unlike a basic flavor-carrier rice, quinoa has texture and flavor.  Easy to cook, versatile, and ... well, just experiment with some.  It's neat stuff.  You will find a use for it.
Many thanks for your reply.

Check for new replies or respond here...