inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any goto recipes???

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/18/10 at 4:53 pm

I am often here at about this time, always thinking of what I should have for supper....

I want to know if anyone has any "go to" recipes.  Those family favorites, that don't take too long, or lots of prep and are just easy....

We have

Smothered Chicken

Boneless Chicken Breasts (I buy the individually frozen and grab out however many I need) - thawed (or thaw in the microwave)
Sprinkle each breast, both sides, with garlic salt
Put in a 8x11 or 9x13 pan (or smaller/larger)

Chopped onions
Chopped green, red, &/or yellow/orange bell pepper
May slice fresh mushrooms
saute the above in a skillet with some olive oil till softened.  Pour over the chicken breasts.  Cover with foil.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. 

Remove Foil Cover with Mozzerella/Italian shredded cheese.  Put back in the oven for 15 more minutes.  Serve with garlic noodle or parmesan noodles or fettucini alfredo noodles

Subject: Re: Any goto recipes???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/18/10 at 10:23 pm

Roast Duck:

Take a duck and roast it until it is done.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/duckie.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 10/19/10 at 7:30 am

Spaghetti and meatballs.  If you really want a quick meal forget the meatballs.

Cook a box spaghetti

Pour on favorite store bought sauce(I prefer Newmans Own Cabernet Marinara).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/19/10 at 1:29 pm

Cat's Quicky Tuna Casserole.

Cook egg noodles and put in a big bowl.
Mix in a can of Chedder Cheese Soup.
Mix in a can of Tuna (with or without juice).
Mix in a can of peas. (Or you can use frozen peas-as long as they are cooked).

May need a little milk if soup is too thick. Heat in microwave for about 10 minutes.

DONE!

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/10 at 12:49 am

I Love You Alice B. Toklas

BUD BUTTER

Melt a pound of butter in a pan. "Mix 30 grams (approximately an ounce) of thoroughly sifted cannabis into it. The amount of cannabis used may vary dramatically depending on the potency of the material and the desired potency of the butter. Let it boil carefully a couple of minutes (or even as long as 10-15 minutes) until the butter has gotten a green color from the grass. Then squeeze the butter through a fine strainer. While you use the strainer, keep the leaves away in a corner of the pan by using a spoon. Squeeze hard to get out as much of the butter as possible.

To warm up the pan a little will make the butter flow more easily. Also strain the butter that is gathered in the deeper parts of the pan. If you don't want any remaining leaves in the butter, you can strain it through some muslin. A problem concerning this is that you will loose some butter in the muslin. Don't throw the leaves, they still *may* contain viable THC. The leaves can be cooked in milk or vodka and become a tasty and effective drink. Hot milk or vodka might also be poured through the muslin, thereby saving some of the butter. You can fry more leaves in the same butter if you want to increase its strength.

A simpler and stronger version of the cannabis butter (or ghee)... by mixing melted butter with hashish or hashish oil instead of pot. It is not necessary to fry this as long as in the case with the pot. Just warm it up and mix it until the hashish or hashish oil is dissolved in the butter. You can put as much hashish (or hashish oil) into it as you want. Another plus is that there are no remaining leaves with THC to worry about.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_faq_eat.shtml

Do not serve to children or unsuspecting adults.

MaxwellSmart and MaxwellSmart , LLC, do not endorse or support the...something something something whatever they said we had to say.
8)

Check for new replies or respond here...