inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Butternut Squash Recipe.

Written By: Gis on 10/29/10 at 2:43 pm

karen your pm inbox is full!
Here is the recipe I promised:
1 whole pumpkin or squash or 4 munchkins or baby boos.
2 onions chopped
1oz of butter
1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
10 sage leaves finely chopped
4floz of double cream
20z of gruyere grated
10z breadcrumbs.

Cut top off pumpkin to make a lid, or cut squash in half. Scoop out seeds and discard. Heat oven to 180c/160 fan assisted/gas 4. Gently cook the onions in the butter until very soft but not brow. stir in the sugar and the sage for a few minutes. Take off the heat and add the cream, cheese and breadcrumbs with lots of seasoning. spoon into the pumpkin/squash. Put the lid back on pumpkin then wrap in foil, place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 and a half hours for large or 40 mins for mall then carefully remove the foil. Continue to bake for 30 mins more until really soft and tender when poked with a small knife.Spoon wedges onto the plate spooning the creamy filling onto the plate. 

Subject: Re: Butternut Squash Recipe.

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/29/10 at 8:50 pm

Here is the recipe I promised:
1 whole pumpkin or squash or 4 munchkins or baby boos.
2 onions chopped
1oz of butter
1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
10 sage leaves finely chopped
4floz of double cream
20z of gruyere grated
10z breadcrumbs.

Cut top off pumpkin to make a lid, or cut squash in half. Scoop out seeds and discard. Heat oven to 180c/160 fan assisted/gas 4. Gently cook the onions in the butter until very soft but not brow. stir in the sugar and the sage for a few minutes. Take off the heat and add the cream, cheese and breadcrumbs with lots of seasoning. spoon into the pumpkin/squash. Put the lid back on pumpkin then wrap in foil, place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 and a half hours for large or 40 mins for mall then carefully remove the foil. Continue to bake for 30 mins more until really soft and tender when poked with a small knife.Spoon wedges onto the plate spooning the creamy filling onto the plate. 
I wish this recipe was in English  :D 
;)  No seriously, I can translate the 180c ....  but what does the 160 fan assisted/gas 4  :-\\

Written By: Bobo on 10/29/10 at 9:01 pm

Fan-assisted ovens can generally be set 20 - 25 C lower than proper ovens. If you have a proper oven, it shouldn't matter. :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/29/10 at 9:20 pm

Fan-assisted ovens can generally be set 20 - 25 C lower than proper ovens. If you have a proper oven, it shouldn't matter. :D
So is fan assisted like what we call a convection oven ???

Written By: Gis on 10/31/10 at 5:03 am

So is fan assisted like what we call a convection oven ???
Absolutely! and Gas 4 means Gas mark 4 on a gas fired oven.  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/31/10 at 8:19 am

Absolutely! and Gas 4 means Gas mark 4 on a gas fired oven.  :)
Thanks  8)

Written By: karen on 10/31/10 at 2:14 pm

I can't think why.  I only have 712 messages!

Thanks for posting the recpe Gis.  I will look for another small squash this week.

Check for new replies or respond here...