inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Un-appetizers

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/10 at 7:48 pm

there are some foods that just sound unappealing. I ate succotash for the first time on Thanksgiving and it was ok but the name turns me off.
then there's chipped beef. wtf is that?
and then there's Hungarian Goulash. anyways, I get repulsed by the names given these dishes.

Subject: Re: Un-appetizers

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/09/10 at 8:28 pm

My dad said that the Navy would serve Chipped beef on bread ALOT on the ship he was on in the 60's.  The nickname for the dish was "shi* on a shingle".  Appetizing, huh?

I tried it (found some banquet frozen chipped beef once back in the 80s), it wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't want to make a steady diet of it.

Sufferin' Succotash, you don't like succotash?  Yes there is the "succ" (suck) factor, but I guess I'm a veggie-girl so I liked it, when mom made it.  Can't say that's I've ever made it since I've been married.  Hubby doesn't like lima beans.   :(

Never tried them, don't want to either... but I could never understand eating "Colorado Oysters" nor regular oysters (for that matter).  Yes, I know two very different things, just neither appeal to me at all.

Never could get myself to try Rumaki (which is either a Chinese or Japanese (I forget which) appetizer).  (liver wrapped in bacon, I think there is a water chestnut in there too, so that would make it probably a Chinese? style dish?? I dunno.)

Sometimes I watch Iron Chef (the Japanese version) and some of the stuff they come up with on there would make me gag if I had to eat it.  Most of the stuff really.  I'm a picky eater.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/10 at 8:43 pm

Kasha Varnishkas.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/09/10 at 9:37 pm

Green Jell-O with canned peach slices!

Frikkin' revolting!
  My dad loved the stuff. 

I'll skip dessert, thanks!  Gotta get started on my homework and practice grinding ground glass into my eyeballs!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/disgust.gif

Pea soup.  You couldn't get me to eat the stuff anymore today than when I was seven.  The only way you could do it is force a tube down my trachea!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/puke.gif

Too much garlic.  Don't get me wrong.  I love garlic -- in moderation.  Some people go nuts for garlic and dump so much on the bread it burns your palate. 

Boiled spinach, especially frozen or canned.  I won't look at the stuff.  Fresh spinach in a salad is good, though.

Of course, this is the kind of thread where you run the risk of ranking on somebody else's favorites!

"I don't want to argue, I don't wanna de-bate/
Don't wanna hear about what kind of food you hate/
You won't get no dessert 'till you clean up your plate/
So eat it, just eat it!"

-- Weird Al
:D

Written By: Howard on 12/10/10 at 6:36 am

creamed corn.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/10/10 at 10:51 am

creamed corn.

My hubby loves that stuff, I'm not really a big fan (but will eat it if nothing else is in the house.)

Written By: Howard on 12/10/10 at 8:04 pm

My hubby loves that stuff, I'm not really a big fan (but will eat it if nothing else is in the house.)

me too,I love it.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/11/10 at 4:20 pm

Tuna Fish Casserole  8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P

Mince Meat Pie (never had it, but it sounds like stuff that is rejected from Scrapple goes into it, or maybe dad plowed a deer with his F-150, and this is what's for dinner)  8-P 8-P

Artichokes, Artichoke Hearts - sorry, I don't trust any food with the word "choke" in its name.

Pu-pu platter (really? fkn rename it already!)  8-P

Ant

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/12/10 at 1:48 pm

Chipped beef is actually made from dried beef and usually very salty.  Flavor wise it kinda reminds me of a country ham.  It's usually served creamed and on toast, S.O.S..  When my hubby was in the navy S.O.S. was made with ground beef.

HEAD CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!  Not only is the name gross it looks even worse.  8-P 8-P 8-P
My dad loves the stuff, I refuse to try it. 

Written By: loki 13 on 12/12/10 at 4:55 pm

Corned Beef Hash or Deviled Ham.

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/12/10 at 7:40 pm

These don't really sound bad but I just can not bring myself to try them...

Escargot. 

Chitlins, tripe and sweetbreads.

Sweetbreads (very misleading name) are not actually a bread of any kind, it is is the thymus gland in a cow, sheep or pig.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/12/10 at 9:29 pm

Turkey gibblets (not a big fan)

Pickled herring

Caviar (I guess I'll never be good for high society)  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/12/10 at 10:37 pm

Pickled herring

Caviar (I guess I'll never be good for high society)  ;D

My dad loves pickled herring, I can't stand it.  8-P

My dad had a rich client once and as a gift this guy gave my dad a jar of Russian Beluga Caviar.  I remember my parents were all excited and made a big deal about it because it was so expensive.  We sat down at the table and we all got a toast square and we took a bite...it was like the scene from the movie "Big", my sister and I both spit it out as fast as we could.  My parents were at least able to swallow theirs.  Mom threw the rest away.  :o  ;D ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/12/10 at 11:47 pm

Blood Pudding.  8-P

Geoduck. (sounds like a waterfowl who's GPS isn't working and ended up on my plate.)

farton (which apparently is a Spanish pastry and probably pretty good)  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/13/10 at 1:22 am

Geoduck. (sounds like a waterfowl who's GPS isn't working and ended up on my plate.)

HaHa!!

Another food I have never tried and probably never will. Gooey-duck, very nastly looking.  8-P

For those who don't know what a Geoduck is...it is a very, very, VERY large clam.  (I would post a picture but I might get in trouble because it doesn't look anything like a clam but rather a part of the male anatomy.)

Written By: Howard on 12/13/10 at 6:59 am

Escargot. 

I wouldn't eat that even if you paid me.  8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/10 at 11:37 pm

Blood Pudding.   8-P

The poor Scottish crofters had two sheep between them and starvation.  You'd eat a blood pudding and like it!
:)

Unsweetend fruit juice, gluten free wheat, and raisins do not make a tasty cookie.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/10 at 11:44 pm

Escargot. 

Might be very tasty if prepared by a fine French chef.  It's still snails, though.

Chitlins, tripe and sweetbreads.

Sweetbreads (very misleading name) are not actually a bread of any kind, it is is the thymus gland in a cow, sheep or pig.

I can agree with these.  Around Greek Easter, they eat a lot lamb's brains.    It used to say "lamb's brains" right on the package.  Maybe it was very savory, but oy vey!
8-P

Written By: Howard on 12/14/10 at 7:19 am

The poor Scottish crofters had two sheep between them and starvation.  You'd eat a blood pudding and like it!
:)

Unsweetend fruit juice, gluten free wheat, and raisins do not make a tasty cookie.

Is there real blood in blood pudding? ???

Written By: KKay on 12/14/10 at 8:41 am

there are some foods that just sound unappealing. I ate succotash for the first time on Thanksgiving and it was ok but the name turns me off.
then there's chipped beef. wtf is that?
and then there's Hungarian Goulash. anyways, I get repulsed by the names given these dishes.

Love them all.

Pickled herring

Caviar

I love all these, too!

I tell you the most disgusting thing I ever had was natto.  I'ts Japanese.  They let beans ferment until there is a thin slime coating- it smells like feet and it tastes worse.  Otherwise, I'm usually game to try anything! 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/14/10 at 1:57 pm

^ I feel the same way about the Korean dish, Kim-Chee.  Blech!  8-P

Written By: Howard on 12/14/10 at 2:25 pm

creamed spinach

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/14/10 at 7:35 pm

creamed spinach

^ Blecccchhh!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sad3.gif

I will have NOTHING to do with beets or leeks. 

Yes.  There is blood in blood pudding, which is better known as "black pudding."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/15/10 at 12:17 am

anything "creamed" makes the list

I have to include sauerkraut just for the smell and the name. I've eaten it once on a sausage and it was good, but I still have issues with it

Written By: Howard on 12/15/10 at 6:54 am

^ Blecccchhh!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sad3.gif

I will have NOTHING to do with beets or leeks. 

Yes.  There is blood in blood pudding, which is better known as "black pudding."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

I think if you put a touch of salt on it,It'll taste fine.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/10 at 6:55 am

anything "creamed" makes the list

I have to include sauerkraut just for the smell and the name. I've eaten it once on a sausage and it was good, but I still have issues with it

sauerkraut is good,goes nice on a frank.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/10 at 9:38 pm

^ I feel the same way about the Korean dish, Kim-Chee.  Blech!  8-P

Isn't it spelled "Kimchi"?  Kim-Chee is a martial art.  No, he's the neurosurgeon down the block...
:-X

They eat a lot of fermented eggs in boreal climes from Iceland to Alaska.  As I was saying about poor folks in Scotland, when there aren't a lot of food sources around, you have to make do!  I don't know if I could make do with those "stink eggs," though!

Of course, you can get a "whites only" quasi-vegan omelet in Fairbanks, but it'll cost you thirty bucks!
::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/15/10 at 11:03 pm

Isn't it spelled "Kimchi"?  Kim-Chee is a martial art.  No, he's the neurosurgeon down the block...

They eat a lot of fermented eggs in boreal climes from Iceland to Alaska.  As I was saying about poor folks in Scotland, when there aren't a lot of food sources around, you have to make do!  I don't know if I could make do with those "stink eggs," though!

Of course, you can get a "whites only" quasi-vegan omelet in Fairbanks, but it'll cost you thirty bucks!

Could be.  Spelling isn't my strong point.  I only had Kimchi once (to try it) and that was enough. lol

Speaking of Scottish, while I never had it, I don't think I'd like Haggis, either.  8-P

Written By: Howard on 12/16/10 at 6:52 am

Don't you mean caviar?  ???

Written By: danootaandme on 12/16/10 at 9:43 am

Pea soup.  You couldn't get me to eat the stuff anymore today than when I was seven.  The only way you could do it is force a tube down my trachea!

Too much garlic.  Don't get me wrong.  I love garlic -- in moderation.  Some people go nuts for garlic and dump so much on the bread it burns your palate. 

With you on both.  Pea Soup...noooo! My sister who is a good cook, went through a phase where everything she cooked was heavily fried and heavily garlic, I couldn't stomach it.

Written By: Howard on 12/16/10 at 12:13 pm

With you on both.  Pea Soup...noooo! My sister who is a good cook, went through a phase where everything she cooked was heavily fried and heavily garlic, I couldn't stomach it.

I love pea soup.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/16/10 at 6:22 pm

Indeed, a little garlic is great, but there's a whole garlic fetish out there.  Garlic fetishists go to the various "Garlic Festivals" around the country.  To each his own, but no thanks!

I'm not a vampire.  I just think a delicate application of garlic is sufficient while hunks of it hanging off soggy French bread is kinda nasty.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angry3.gif

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/16/10 at 11:06 pm

Sheesh on a shingle. (no way lord)
Pea Soup--Didn't Linda Blair spit that up as her head spun?
Shrimp with the vein in it. Yuck. My BF cooked some once and forgot the vein, I made him sit and pull the vein out of every shrimp on my plate before I ate it.
I've never eaten actual Kimchi, ferment is a fancy word for "rot", but I am in LOVE with Kimchi flavored bowl of noodles I get at the store. IT's spicy but tastes so good.

I really hate food that is too strong with spices or mint. No sense in burning up my palate and then I get a migraine that kicks me into the next month. Once again Dion my BF needs to hold off when he cooks. IT's not a good meal if you have tears in your eyes, phlemg running out your nose and have to fly to the bathroom 5 minutes into the meal!

Any thing form the south end of any animal. Andrew Zimmern may enjoy chowing down on the "bits and pieces" of animals, but I am not putting anything like that into my face.  :o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/16/10 at 11:40 pm

eggplant  8-P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/17/10 at 12:03 am

Cottage Cheese

I love it, but I am VERY picky about the milkfat content and what size curd it is... etc. ad infinum.  I found one brand I like, but I put it on the top shelf of our little bar fridge (that we are using until we save enough to replace our full-size fridge.)  (save... yeah right.  ::) )  Anyway, the cottage cheese froze because it was too close to the tiny freezer in the bar fridge, and even the brand I liked tasted horrible.  BLECH!

Written By: Howard on 12/17/10 at 7:00 am

eggplant   8-P

Me too,I hate Eggplant,looks too slimy.  8-P

Written By: danootaandme on 12/17/10 at 10:21 am

eggplant   8-P

Yummmm!  Always an eggplant in the house.  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/17/10 at 7:14 pm

Yummmm!  Always an eggplant in the house.  :)

What about eggplant parmigiana? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/10 at 5:42 pm

eggplant   8-P

I'll bet Prince likes eggplants 'cos they're purple!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/20/10 at 7:01 pm

What about eggplant parmigiana? ???

LOVE IT!

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/20/10 at 8:51 pm

Any thing form the south end of any animal. Andrew Zimmern may enjoy chowing down on the "bits and pieces" of animals, but I am not putting anything like that into my face.  :o
Well really as the animals we eat (other than Chicken) are 4 legged (or fish which do not swim "standing up" let's just say) it really depends on which direction they are facing, in order to define which pieces of "south end" you are talking about???  If you are speaking of closer to the ground, then we do eat lots of shanks, hocks, flank, brisket, and for heaven sake do not forget the "belly" (some of the best bacon).....  ;) 

I have tried, and will not ever eat brains (calves) again, or pickled pigs feet, or braunschweiger (what the hell is that stuff).  My aunt and mom made wonderful chitlins, and head cheese (but cannot find anything like it in the store).  I love beef tongue, do not mind beef heart or liver, and my favorite are natural casing wieners.  I have had turkey fries (turkey testicles, which is quite popular here as there are a lot of turkey growers and the turkey processor is very close), I prefer gizzards.  I love sushi, and caviar.... 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/20/10 at 11:50 pm

I love some sushi, I haven't quite got up the nerve to try some of it yet.  Probably will never try anything octopus.  This one Chinese buffet place down the road has octopus salad on it's cold buffet.  I try not to look at it as I'm perusing the other goodies.  Some of the names for sushi is both intriguing and horrifying.  For example: Spider Roll?  I'm sure it's good, just can't get past picturing a dinner roll with tarantula legs sticking out from inside...  :-\\ 8-P

Written By: Howard on 12/21/10 at 7:51 am

LOVE IT!

I like it on Italian Sandwiches.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/21/10 at 8:58 pm

I love some sushi, I haven't quite got up the nerve to try some of it yet.  Probably will never try anything octopus.  This one Chinese buffet place down the road has octopus salad on it's cold buffet.  I try not to look at it as I'm perusing the other goodies.  Some of the names for sushi is both intriguing and horrifying.  For example: Spider Roll?  I'm sure it's good, just can't get past picturing a dinner roll with tarantula legs sticking out from inside...  :-\\ 8-P
A spider roll has a tempura battered fried soft shell crab on the inside of it.  The legs of the crab stick out of the end, which is why it bears it's name....

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/21/10 at 9:33 pm

Pickled pig's feet. Lord have mercy.

I ate that BS when I was 6 and never wanted it since. It's just awful.  8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P  Slippery and sour.

Written By: Howard on 12/22/10 at 7:03 am

I ate that BS when I was 6 and never wanted it since. It's just awful.  8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P  Slippery and sour.

I wouldn't eat it.  :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/22/10 at 4:42 pm

Agreed!  My dad loved em, I tried em and never went back to retry... They were that gross!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/22/10 at 5:49 pm

Braunschweiger, which is some type of German liver sausage.

My dad used to eat that crap, it was absolutely horrible.  8-P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/22/10 at 5:50 pm

oh yeah, and liverwurst, my wife luvs that stuff  8-P 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/22/10 at 9:54 pm

Braunschweiger isn't too too awful in of itself, you just have to really be careful that it doesn't spoil (it's really hard to tell until you eat it and then you know when it's spoilt.)  lol  I had it both when it was not spoiled and after it was (and it was the last time I ate it. 20 years ago.)  8-P

Written By: Howard on 12/23/10 at 6:55 am

no thanks!  8-P

Written By: Howard on 12/23/10 at 6:56 am

oh yeah, and liverwurst, my wife luvs that stuff  8-P 

Hey I love liverwurst.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/23/10 at 4:49 pm

I mentioned that one in an above post....  liverwurst (yeesh....  I remember them spreading it on crackers like some fancy hors d'oeuvre  8-P

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/23/10 at 4:57 pm

Hey I love liverwurst.

no thanks!  8-P
OK - in my family these were one in the same..... hmmm have to check this out 

Ok after research, braunschweiger is a type of liverwurst (so my family wasn't all that far off- or maybe it was just me, since they never got me to try it again after about age 7, and it all looks the same, grossness)  8-P 8-P  double yak

So my question is - do you like it Howard or don't you ???

Written By: Howard on 12/24/10 at 7:03 am

OK - in my family these were one in the same..... hmmm have to check this out   

Ok after research, braunschweiger is a type of liverwurst (so my family wasn't all that far off- or maybe it was just me, since they never got me to try it again after about age 7, and it all looks the same, grossness)  8-P 8-P  double yak

So my question is - do you like it Howard or don't you ???

It's ok once in a while but not all the time.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/27/10 at 7:40 pm

Soul food?
8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/27/10 at 10:03 pm

I like veggies, alot.  Except I don't like asparagus nor beets.

Written By: Howard on 12/28/10 at 6:54 am

I like veggies, alot.  Except I don't like asparagus nor beets.

I was never too crazy for cauliflower. :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/28/10 at 7:54 pm

Persimmons - I am just not sure if I like them or not, they taste good but leave my mouth feeling all dried out and cottony  ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/28/10 at 8:26 pm

Persimmons - I am just not sure if I like them or not, they taste good but leave my mouth feeling all dried out and cottony  ::)

I've had them before.

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/31/10 at 10:00 am

Chopped Liver... 8-P

Written By: Howard on 12/31/10 at 6:44 pm

Chopped Liver... 8-P

I'm not crazy about it.  8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/11 at 8:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JLWs2iQ-oI

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/14/11 at 9:08 pm

Is it weird that i like liver and onions?

My friends liek to watch me eat it because they can't beleive I like it.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/15/11 at 6:24 pm

If it's cooked right, it's pretty good. Otherwise it's like shoe leather.  8-P

Written By: Howard on 01/16/11 at 7:24 am

Do you eat it with ketchup?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/11 at 7:25 am

Cooked in gravy, lovely!

Written By: Howard on 01/16/11 at 7:26 am

Cooked in gravy, lovely!

never had it before.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/11 at 7:28 am

never had it before.
Liver and Onions with a Rich Onion Gravy

Ingredients:
340g (12 oz) ox or calves' liver, thickly sliced
seasoned flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
1 red chilli, finely sliced with seeds left in (or removed if you're a wimp!)
110g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced
450ml (3/4 pint) instant onion gravy (made on the thin side)
salt and black pepper to taste

Preparation method:
1. Take the liver and toss in the seasoned flour until it is coated all over; put to one side.

2. Add the oil to a large frying pan and bring up to heat. Add the onions and fry gently until they start to caramelise slightly, add garlic, chilli and mushrooms and fry for about another 5 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and have started to take on some colour. Remove everything from the pan and put to one side.

3. Bring the pan back up to a high heat till just smoking and add the liver, brown the liver quickly on both sides - a minute for each side should be enough - and when done add the onions, garlic, chilli and mushrooms back to the pan. Next add the gravy, this should start to bubble up as soon as it hits the pan. Now turn the heat down to a medium low setting so that the gravy bubbles away gently. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes and then serve.

4. Serve with roast potatoes, chips or creamy mashed potatoes and peas. Job done.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/16/11 at 7:43 am

No.  I love liver and onions.  I can't eat it with other people, though.  I hate it when you are trying to eat and your friend keeps saying "ewww, how can you like that?"

Written By: Howard on 01/16/11 at 8:00 am

No.  I love liver and onions.  I can't eat it with other people, though.  I hate it when you are trying to eat and your friend keeps saying "ewww, how can you like that?"

I feel like shoving it in my friend's face.  ::)

Written By: karen on 01/18/11 at 4:20 pm

i like liver and onions too.  No one else in this family does so I order it as a treat when we go out to eat!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/11 at 6:11 pm

I actually do not mind liver and onions, but I highly doubt anyone else in my family will give it a try (even my most adventurous one) and it is not something I would really ever care to make.  But I do not mind eating it, if prepared correctly.  I don't think I would ever pay for it at a restaurant either (as I am afraid they will over cook it). 

I love rumaki and that is about the only way I like chicken livers

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/11 at 6:13 pm

I would eat it with you, if you would make it  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/11 at 6:14 pm

Do you eat it with ketchup?
when I was little, I always had it with ketchup.  Then older, I liked to put it on 2 pieces of white bread (to soak up the juices) and eat it as a sandwich of sorts  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/11 at 6:15 pm

i like liver and onions too.  No one else in this family does so I order it as a treat when we go out to eat!
IF we ever have a real live Meet, we will have to have a Liver and Onions Fest 8)

Written By: Howard on 01/18/11 at 8:22 pm

when I was little, I always had it with ketchup.  Then older, I liked to put it on 2 pieces of white bread (to soak up the juices) and eat it as a sandwich of sorts  8)

why does liver and onions go well with ketchup?  ???

Written By: karen on 01/19/11 at 8:34 am

IF we ever have a real live Meet, we will have to have a Liver and Onions Fest 8)

O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/11 at 2:39 pm

With mashed potato?

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/19/11 at 5:05 pm

With mashed potato?
I prefer fried potatoes with it (that is just the way my momma made it ) with a touch of worcestershire on them.  8)  But hey I like mashed potatoes too

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/19/11 at 5:11 pm

O0

I want in on that. I like liver too!

Written By: Howard on 01/20/11 at 6:48 am

I prefer fried potatoes with it (that is just the way my momma made it ) with a touch of worcestershire on them.   8)  But hey I like mashed potatoes too

I like ketchup on mine.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/20/11 at 7:04 am

We went out to eat last night, and Liver and Onions was on the menu and I thought of you all.  :-*

Written By: Howard on 01/20/11 at 12:28 pm

creamed spinach

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/11 at 9:01 am

I prefer chicken (or turkey) livers to beef liver. Carlos can't stomach any liver so I only have it when he bakes a full chicken or a turkey.

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/25/11 at 6:56 pm

chicken gizzards, my wife loves em, I like the chicken heart, i will eat that but the liver is too strong tasting and gizzards to bizarre looking and there's cartilage or something on part of it.  8-P

Written By: Howard on 01/25/11 at 8:12 pm

chicken gizzards, my wife loves em, I like the chicken heart, i will eat that but the liver is too strong tasting and gizzards to bizarre looking and there's cartilage or something on part of it.  8-P

EW! Chicken Gizzards?  8-P

Check for new replies or respond here...