inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: McDonald's Oatmeal

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/13/11 at 4:03 pm

Hi Y'all!

I was wondering, have any of you tried the new fruit and maple oatmeal from McDonald's breakfast menu? And if you have, is it any good?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4892274662_3906946edf.jpg

I usually make my own oats, but in a rush it would be a nice change from a bagel.  I might try it if the reviews are good. Thanks.

Subject: Re: McDonald's Oatmeal

Written By: danootaandme on 01/13/11 at 4:16 pm

I think I may try it on the way to work.  Better check out the dietary thing though.

Written By: Howard on 01/13/11 at 7:17 pm

Why do they bother to make oatmeal,It's so silly,Who are they trying to compete with? ::)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/13/11 at 9:10 pm

Why do they bother to make oatmeal,It's so silly,Who are they trying to compete with? ::)

MY FOOT! LOL, just kidding, probably Quaker.

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/11 at 10:46 pm

I think it's be cheaper and quicker to buy Quaker instant packets and make them at home or at work.

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/11 at 1:16 am

Who goes to McDonalds to eat Oatmeal?

If I go to McDonalds, I want a big sloppy sandwich.  If I want Oatmeal, I'll buy a box of Quaker

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/14/11 at 1:41 am

Hi Y'all!

I was wondering, have any of you tried the new fruit and maple oatmeal from McDonald's breakfast menu? And if you have, is it any good?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4892274662_3906946edf.jpg

I usually make my own oats, but in a rush it would be a nice change from a bagel.  I might try it if the reviews are good. Thanks.

This has yet to hit the UK shores, and I do not fancy it.

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/11 at 2:34 am

Who goes to McDonalds to eat Oatmeal?

If I go to McDonalds, I want a big sloppy sandwich.  If I want Oatmeal, I'll buy a box of Quaker

That's what I wa thinking Jason. If I'm getting breakfast at mcD's I'm going for deluxe/big breakfast. I mean I guess if a mom is taking her kid there then it's a viable alternative or something but still not the first or second or even third thing I'd consider ordering.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/11 at 6:36 am

I'd rather go to to McDonalds to eat burgers and fries,not oatmeal. I mean what's next? Bagels with lox and cream cheese? ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/14/11 at 6:37 am

I think it's be cheaper and quicker to buy Quaker instant packets and make them at home or at work.

How much is their oatmeal? ???

Written By: danootaandme on 01/14/11 at 8:28 am

Hoochie mama....280 calories in that "healthy alternative"  :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/11 at 11:04 am

Hoochie mama....280 calories in that "healthy alternative"   :o

Compared to 1400 calories. 

Again "Healthy Alternative" is a dumbass slogan.  It asks you to assume McD's menu isn't healthy.  It isn't, but if you can hire the best ad men on the planet, well....

It reminds me of Dunkin' Donuts "Smart Menu."  No thanks, I'll order from the idiot menu!
:D

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/11 at 2:09 pm

How much is their oatmeal? ???

$1.99 I think. You can get 10 packs of Quaker oats for $2.49 on sale.

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/11 at 2:09 pm

That's a lot. They must sugar the he'll out of it  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/11 at 2:11 pm

Again "Healthy Alternative" is a dumbass slogan.  It asks you to assume McD's menu isn't healthy.  It isn't, but if you can hire the best ad men on the planet, well....

It reminds me of Dunkin' Donuts "Smart Menu."  No thanks, I'll order from the idiot menu!

It's actually about a hundred calories over a package of oatmeal.

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/11 at 2:12 pm

That's a lot. They must sugar the he'll out of it  ;D

Actually the extra 100 cals probably come from the dried fruit which probably has no nutritional value left in it.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/11 at 7:26 pm

What the hell is in there,Do they add sugar in it? ???

Written By: Howard on 01/14/11 at 7:27 pm

Most smart people order stupid lattes.

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/11 at 8:23 pm

What the hell is in there,Do they add sugar in it? ???

I don't know if it has sugar. It has fruit like apples raisins and cranberries but I think it's highly processed/preserved.

Ie. Not fresh.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/14/11 at 8:50 pm

I beleive I'll stick to my McSkillet  burrito or on morning when I have time, the Hotcakes.

In a true rush, I'm at Dunkin' for a latte and sausage bagel sammie.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/11 at 8:51 pm

It's actually about a hundred calories over a package of oatmeal.

I love those Quaker Oats oatmeal packets even though because they're loaded with sugar!
:)

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/11 at 6:06 am

I love those Quaker Oats oatmeal packets even though because they're loaded with sugar!
:)

they sure are but still less than 280 cals so it's all good... actually I think package of oatmeal and a cup of yoplait (not the light variety) have the same amount of calories...

Written By: Howard on 01/15/11 at 6:55 am

I don't know if it has sugar. It has fruit like apples raisins and cranberries but I think it's highly processed/preserved.

Ie. Not fresh.

Why must they always decorate their items with fruits and vegetables? ::)

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/11 at 8:46 am

Why must they always decorate their items with fruits and vegetables? ::)

To trick people into thinking it's healthier than it actualy is.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/11 at 12:54 pm

To trick people into thinking it's healthier than it actualy is.

Yeah,that's what they used to do with their salads,plus they give you croutons and bacon bits or chinese noodles plus small packets of dressing.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/20/11 at 11:23 pm

I'll stick to not eating there, like I have since 2004. :D

Written By: Howard on 01/21/11 at 7:06 am

I'll stick to not eating there, like I have since 2004. :D

I haven't been eating there for a long time. I'm a Subway kind of guy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/21/11 at 9:50 am

MONTPELIER — Vermont — the country’s largest maple producer — has announced a settlement with McDonald’s over complaints that the restaurant chain was improperly labeling a new product as maple flavored in the state.

Gov. Peter Shumlin said Thursday that the only maple ingredient in McDonald’s Fruit and Maple Oatmeal was extracted from a bark of a bush that is a distant relative of the maple tree.

McDonald’s has agreed starting Feb. 1 to give customers in its Vermont stores pure maple syrup or sugar to add to the fruit and maple product if they request it. This will not apply outside of Vermont.

McDonald’s spokeswoman Nicole DiNoia says the company is pleased with the settlement and is happy to continue offering the oatmeal product in Vermont.

You don't mess with Maple in Vermont! Vermont takes Maple VERY seriously.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 01/21/11 at 10:20 pm

This has yet to hit the UK shores, and I do not fancy it.

Hate at first site, eh Philip?

Written By: whistledog on 01/21/11 at 11:20 pm

If I ever go to McDonalds and see someone eating their oatmeal, I'd love to walk over to their table and ask them "You're eating Oatmeal at McDonalds.  WHY?"

Written By: 80sfan on 01/22/11 at 12:07 am

If I ever go to McDonalds and see someone eating their oatmeal, I'd love to walk over to their table and ask them "You're eating Oatmeal at McDonalds.  WHY?"

Make sure that person isn't physically bigger and stronger than you. If they are then just tell them what you wanna tell them.......then.......RUNN!!  :( :(

Written By: Howard on 01/22/11 at 6:28 am

Then I'd throw a Quaker Oatmeal packet in their face and tell them to make it yourself instead of buying it at McDonalds.

Written By: chiefyamick on 02/21/11 at 1:08 am

I will admit that I've tried it....although never actually paid for it. The coupon section in the paper occasionally runs "free cup of oatmeal" coupons so I thought I'd give it a try. First time was actually pretty good, but the next/last time the girl at the counter made it waaay too watery. Thus died the thought of grabbing an oatmeal on the way to work, even though the fresh (yes the apples were fresh) fruit was a nice touch that I don't have time to make at home.

Check for new replies or respond here...