inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Food and Snack's for the Big Game (sporting event)!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/23/11 at 9:22 am

As today is the biggest game ever (Bears vs. the Packers) that I can remember.  I am starting to think of the Superbowl and the Daytona 500!  We usually get together with friends on these 2 days (either at our house, or others).  What are some snacks, and foods that one likes to have.

Right now our favorite appie's are Little Smokies wrapped in Bacon with Brown sugar carmelized on top of them.

Chili is always good.

Cheeseburger soup is a favorite.

Wings, I am tired of buying the premade bags, anyone got a recipe for wings to bake in the oven (I do not have a deep fryer).

Subject: Re: Food and Snack's for the Big Game (sporting event)!

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/11 at 9:44 am

Hog wings!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/23/11 at 10:36 am

Hog wings!!!
I can't get them anymore :\'(  I haven't seen them in over a year, and it breaking my heart!  I even googled for them to see if I could order them...Not so far :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/11 at 10:43 am

I can't get them anymore :\'(  I haven't seen them in over a year, and it breaking my heart!  I even googled for them to see if I could order them...Not so far :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

that sucks... go find a pig...kill it and get me some damn wings!!!  >:(  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/23/11 at 12:08 pm

Shrimp Cocktail.

Written By: karen on 01/25/11 at 10:40 am

Wings, I am tired of buying the premade bags, anyone got a recipe for wings to bake in the oven (I do not have a deep fryer).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/spicedchickenwings_11194

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/orientalstickychicke_67594

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/trinidadandtobagochi_83687

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/25/11 at 6:44 pm

wings, guacamole and tortilla chips, spinach dip, I may make my special hot crab and cream cheese, jalapeno,artichoke dip with fresh crab and soft baguettes to dip.

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/30/11 at 12:16 pm

wings, guacamole and tortilla chips, spinach dip, I may make my special hot crab and cream cheese, jalapeno,artichoke dip with fresh crab and soft baguettes to dip.
Oh my the dip sounds awesome 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/30/11 at 12:17 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/spicedchickenwings_11194

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/orientalstickychicke_67594

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/trinidadandtobagochi_83687
Thanks for the recipes, I may have to try them!  We love wings.  Although I think they are about as expensive to buy "unprepared" as they are "already prepared". :P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/30/11 at 12:54 pm

Pittsburgh has alot of Polish influence, so we like Pierogies (with butter and sour cream and sautead onions) (I never had them before I moved here, I thought they were raviolis without sauce.)

Also we like fried zucchini here.  Also Halushki (which is cabbage and noodles). 

I'm sure there are other things we like that I'm just not thinking of.

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/31/11 at 9:38 pm

Pittsburgh has alot of Polish influence, so we like Pierogies (with butter and sour cream and sautead onions) (I never had them before I moved here, I thought they were raviolis without sauce.)

Also we like fried zucchini here.  Also Halushki (which is cabbage and noodles). 

I'm sure there are other things we like that I'm just not thinking of.
mmmm fried zucchini.  I love that stuff, have to have it when I head back home or Chicago.  O0

Never had pierogies - surprised, as they sound wonderful.  the cabbage and noodles, I am not so sure of  ::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/31/11 at 10:32 pm

mmmm fried zucchini.  I love that stuff, have to have it when I head back home or Chicago.  O0

Never had pierogies - surprised, as they sound wonderful.  the cabbage and noodles, I am not so sure of  ::)

You can find pierogies in the freezer section.  Mrs. T's is the major brand I know of.  There are tons of ways to make them.  But really I think the proper way is sort of frying them in a skillet, so they get a little brown (with butter).  Yum.

Heck add enough butter and everything tastes great (even cabbage and noodles.)  lol  Although with your certain digestive issues, this may not be entirely agreeable. lol

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/05/11 at 4:06 pm

Tomorrow we are having pickle wraps, bacon wrapped little smokies, buffalo chicken dip, cheeseburger soup and chili!  I seem to be missing something sweet though! 

Written By: snozberries on 02/05/11 at 4:20 pm

tomorrow I work from 7am-11am then I have to drive 5ish hours to San Jose.... I'll be eating road food... mostly drive thru crap! O0

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/05/11 at 4:25 pm

tomorrow I work from 7am-11am then I have to drive 5ish hours to San Jose.... I'll be eating road food... mostly drive thru crap! O0
What r u doing in San Jose???

Written By: snozberries on 02/05/11 at 4:31 pm

What r u doing in San Jose???

class for work... 2 weeks... luckily the hotel's only charging me $100 to have Miss Effie with me...  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/05/11 at 4:38 pm

class for work... 2 weeks... luckily the hotel's only charging me $100 to have Miss Effie with me...  8)
O0

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/08/11 at 6:39 pm

Oh my the dip sounds awesome 8)
it is sami, it is wonderful

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/09/11 at 7:29 am

it is sami, it is wonderful
Hmmm send me some O0.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...