inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Frozen Hot Chocolate

Written By: Howard on 06/06/11 at 7:05 am

http://restaurantnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Dunkin-Donuts-Introduces-Frozen-Hot-Chocolate.jpg

Who here has tried Dunkin Donuts Frozen Hot Chocolate yet? ???

It's quite delicious but then you have all that whipped cream,chocolate sauce towards the end and a dash of sugar on top,there's your buzz for the day.

Subject: Re: Frozen Hot Chocolate

Written By: karen on 06/06/11 at 8:36 am

is it hot or cold?

Written By: Howard on 06/06/11 at 12:40 pm

is it hot or cold?

What they do Karen is they take Hot Chocolate,freeze it,crush ice cubes,pour chocolate sauce on the bottom first,pour the frozen hot chocolate on next then the whipped cream to top it off,It's delicious but afterwards you'll wind up feeling a bit bloated.It's a good treat for when the weather turns hot and humid during the summer.

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/06/11 at 12:58 pm

Frozen Hot Chocolate.  ;D  I hate stupid names!  ::)

I haven't tried it but to me it sounds heavy and not very refreshing.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/11 at 1:02 pm

It's like saying Dunkin Donuts can come up with a name Frozen Hot Tea and sell that,What it is is only a gimmick that's all but it does have all your sugar intake like chocolate syrup and whipped cream.

Written By: Jessica on 06/06/11 at 3:30 pm

Thanks, but I'll stick to the coconut mocha frappuccino from Sixbucks (when I can afford it, anyways).

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/11 at 3:38 pm

What they do Karen is they take Hot Chocolate,freeze it,crush ice cubes,pour chocolate sauce on the bottom first,pour the frozen hot chocolate on next then the whipped cream to top it off,It's delicious but afterwards you'll wind up feeling a bit bloated.It's a good treat for when the weather turns hot and humid during the summer.

How do they pour frozen hot chocolate? I mean if it's frozen then it should be in a solid state and incapable of being poured.  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/06/11 at 4:51 pm

I concur.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sad3.gif

Written By: Jessica on 06/06/11 at 8:03 pm

Can't I have unfrozen hot chocolate?

Written By: Howard on 06/07/11 at 6:33 am

Thanks, but I'll stick to the coconut mocha frappuccino from Sixbucks (when I can afford it, anyways).

You can probably get the very same thing at Starbucks.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/11 at 6:34 am

How do they pour frozen hot chocolate? I mean if it's frozen then it should be in a solid state and incapable of being poured.  ???

It could be some sort of Hot Chocolate mix.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/11 at 6:34 am

Can't I have unfrozen hot chocolate?

of course.

Written By: karen on 06/07/11 at 8:44 am

Maybe like a slushie?

I agree with Patty is sounds a bit sickly.  I'd probably try it once and then regret it.

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/11 at 12:07 pm

It could be some sort of Hot Chocolate mix.

how do you freeze a mix? I don't think powders can be frozen..... :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/11 at 12:08 pm

Maybe like a slushie?

I agree with Patty is sounds a bit sickly.  I'd probably try it once and then regret it.

okay that makes sense....sort of.  I love hot chocolate and I love chocolate milk but I'm not really feeling this drink.... not that it matters since we don't have Dunkin D's in SB.

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/07/11 at 1:12 pm

I want to know where they put my marshmallows in it???

and all I can think of is a fudgesicle.... as close to frozen hot chocolate as I can imagine

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/07/11 at 5:01 pm

Coming this winter:

Hot Iced Tea!
:D

Written By: Howard on 06/07/11 at 7:12 pm

Maybe like a slushie?

It's not bad,I've had it twice last week and after you gulp it all down you wind up feeling bloated maybe wanting to take a nap.

It is like a slushie with whipped cream on top and chocolate syup at the bottom.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/11 at 7:12 pm

how do you freeze a mix? I don't think powders can be frozen..... :-\\

In a machine blender.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/11 at 7:13 pm

I want to know where they put my marshmallows in it???

and all I can think of is a fudgesicle.... as close to frozen hot chocolate as I can imagine

No,no marshmallows in a Frozen Hot Chocolate.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/07/11 at 7:15 pm

Frozen Hot Chocolate is the specialty of an adorable restaurant called Serendipity here in NY and it's delicious!  It is like a chocolate slurpie, only richer tasting (not so watery), as they make it with fine cocoa.  It is served with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings - yum.  I have never tasted the Dunkin Donuts version but I can only assume it pales in comparison!

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/07/11 at 7:19 pm

Here it is, with a recipe from the Oprah page
http://www.oprah.com/food/Frrrozen-Hot-Chocolate

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/11 at 7:20 pm

Frozen Hot Chocolate is the specialty of an adorable restaurant called Serendipity here in NY and it's delicious!  It is like a chocolate slurpie, only richer tasting (not so watery), as they make it with fine cocoa.  It is served with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings - yum.  I have never tasted the Dunkin Donuts version but I can only assume it pales in comparison!

Thank you for explaining it inaclear, concise linear manner.

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/11 at 7:21 pm

Here it is, with a recipe from the Oprah page
http://www.oprah.com/food/Frrrozen-Hot-Chocolate

Still not a fan of the oxy-moronic name tho.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/11 at 7:34 pm

is there a DD near you Lady?  ???

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/07/11 at 9:07 pm

Thank you for explaining it inaclear, concise linear manner.

Hey, it's what I'm here for!  ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/07/11 at 9:07 pm

Still not a fan of the oxy-moronic name tho.

I'm with you.  My pet peeve is spelling things incorrectly because it looks cute, ex: "Kelly's Kreations"  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/11 at 9:48 pm

I'm with you.  My pet peeve is spelling things incorrectly because it looks cute, ex: "Kelly's Kreations"  ::)

I detest that. Also, I always wonder if there's some intentional message when they do it three times. Ie there's a company that sells Dixie like cups and they are called Krazy Kritter Kups.  Maybe im paranoid or hypersensitive but I was really offended when some bought a pack and put it in dispatch.  :-\\

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/08/11 at 8:26 am

is there a DD near you Lady?  ???

There are 967 of them, Howard, and I could lead you to about 423 of them!  :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/08/11 at 8:29 am

I detest that. Also, I always wonder if there's some intentional message when they do it three times. Ie there's a company that sells Dixie like cups and they are called Krazy Kritter Kups.  Maybe im paranoid or hypersensitive but I was really offended when some bought a pack and put it in dispatch.  :-\\

I'm sure it's some tried and true marketing technique made to stick in your head!  This example has me especially pissed because ALL of the words begin with a C so there was no reason to even use the damned K!

Written By: karen on 06/08/11 at 10:14 am

okay that makes sense....sort of.  I love hot chocolate and I love chocolate milk but I'm not really feeling this drink.... not that it matters since we don't have Dunkin D's in SB.

That's it - the visit's off!!

Written By: snozberries on 06/08/11 at 11:31 am

That's it - the visit's off!!

They have them in LA but I don't go.  I don't like DD.  We have the best donut place in SB. After eating there all other donuts are substandard.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/08/11 at 6:40 pm

They have them in LA but I don't go.  I don't like DD.  We have the best donut place in SB. After eating there all other donuts are substandard.

Don't go for the doughnuts - their doughnuts suck - go for their coffee!  :) Now, I don't think you drink the stuff, but I LIVE on it.

Written By: snozberries on 06/08/11 at 6:42 pm

Don't go for the doughnuts - their doughnuts suck - go for their coffee!  :) Now, I don't think you drink the stuff, but I LIVE on it.

So. Since you remembered that I don't drink coffee is there really a reason for me to drive 90 miles for DD?  :P

Written By: Howard on 06/08/11 at 7:19 pm

There are 967 of them, Howard, and I could lead you to about 423 of them!  :)

No,I'll just go to 1 Dunkin Donuts so much of the Frozen Hot Chocolate I can take. :P

Written By: Howard on 06/08/11 at 7:21 pm

Q,you don't know what you're missing their donuts are delicious especially Boston Creme and Jelly Filled.

Written By: snozberries on 06/08/11 at 7:23 pm

Q,you don't know what you're missing their donuts are delicious especially Boston Creme and Jelly Filled.

As I've already told you many times Howard. I don't like their donuts. No donuts will ever live up to the donut shop I go to in SB. I will never eat any other donuts so long as I live here and Ellers stays in business.

Written By: Howard on 06/08/11 at 7:27 pm

As I've already told you many times Howard. I don't like their donuts. No donuts will ever live up to the donut shop I go to in SB. I will never eat any other donuts so long as I live here and Ellers stays in business.

Ok I won't argue with that.  ;)

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/09/11 at 1:46 pm

So. Since you remembered that I don't drink coffee is there really a reason for me to drive 90 miles for DD?  :P

That would be a big, resounding "NO".

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/09/11 at 1:47 pm

Their doughnuts are not even made on premises anymore!  They ship them in from god knows where - never fresh  8-P

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/11 at 4:00 pm

Their doughnuts are not even made on premises anymore!  They ship them in from god knows where - never fresh  8-P

That's horrible. You've not had a donut until you've tasted a fresh baked donut!

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/09/11 at 7:09 pm

That's horrible. You've not had a donut until you've tasted a fresh baked donut!

They used to have a window where you could actually watch them making the doughnuts.  They were fresh and good.  Now, they're not worth the heartburn  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/10/11 at 6:38 am

How can you tell if a donut is fresh? ???

Written By: karen on 06/10/11 at 8:55 am

If you see them cook it in front of you

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/11 at 3:54 pm

By taste. Fresh donuts are softer and tastier than donuts that are delivered to a shop.

Written By: Howard on 06/10/11 at 7:26 pm

By taste. Fresh donuts are softer and tastier than donuts that are delivered to a shop.

Some donuts I can tell when you bite into them,they have a crunchy taste to it,sort of like the Boston Creme filled ones.

Written By: Howard on 06/10/11 at 7:27 pm

If you see them cook it in front of you

You rarely see donuts get cooked in front of you.

Written By: karen on 06/11/11 at 5:26 am

You rarely see donuts get cooked in front of you.

I could buy ring donuts every Thursday ad Saturday that are fresh cooked.  There is a stall on the local market that sells them

Written By: Howard on 06/11/11 at 6:28 am

I could buy ring donuts every Thursday ad Saturday that are fresh cooked.  There is a stall on the local market that sells them

Pathmark has a bakery inside and they make donuts fresh.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/14/11 at 11:14 pm

I love the smell of donuts in the morning!
8)

Written By: Howard on 06/15/11 at 6:36 am

I love the smell of donuts in the morning!
8)

especially with a Frozen Hot Chocolate.

Written By: Lindee on 09/08/11 at 7:19 pm

I tried this on labor day weekend at a county fair.

Written By: Howard on 09/09/11 at 6:54 am

I tried this on labor day weekend at a county fair.

How did you like it?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/09/11 at 6:56 am

is it hot or cold?
Is it an oxymoron?

Written By: Lindee on 09/09/11 at 7:17 am

How did you like it?

Very Good.  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/09/11 at 7:29 am

Very Good.  :)

I thought it was good but after a while you get a major brain freeze. :P

Check for new replies or respond here...