inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Deviled Eggs...need recipe.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/26/11 at 12:17 pm

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for deviled eggs?

I've seached the internet but there are a lot of different recipes out there and I'm not sure which one to try.

I don't eat them, actually I hate hard boiled eggs but hubby and daughter love them, so I figured I'd try to make them.

Subject: Re: Deviled Eggs...need recipe.

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/11 at 12:42 pm

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for deviled eggs?

I've seached the internet but there are a lot of different recipes out there and I'm not sure which one to try.

I don't eat them, actually I hate hard boiled eggs but hubby and daughter love them, so I figured I'd try to make them.

My mom makes great deviled eggs. I'll ask her

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/26/11 at 1:39 pm

My mom makes great deviled eggs. I'll ask her

Thanks!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/11 at 1:51 pm

Apparently she doesn't use an actual recipe she just puts some salt, pepper, little mustard and mayo mixes and scoops  ::)

Sorry  :D

Written By: Jessica on 07/26/11 at 2:14 pm

Apparently she doesn't use an actual recipe she just puts some salt, pepper, little mustard and mayo mixes and scoops  ::)

Sorry  :D

Pretty much what I do, except I use Miracle Whip instead of mayo.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/26/11 at 2:19 pm

Same here....sometimes I add a little paprika in....not a lot, just a pinch ;)

I guess it never really occurred to me that there is an actual recipe out there because it's something I've just always made instinctively, like tuna salad or egg salad....it's a squirt or two of mustard and a dollop or two of Miracle Whip, depending on how many yolks I have~LOL!

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/11 at 2:26 pm

I guess it never really occurred to me that there is an actual recipe out there because it's something I've just always made instinctively, like tuna salad or egg salad....it's a squirt or two of mustard and a dollop or two of Miracle Whip, depending on how many yolks I have~LOL!

My mom puts paprika on the top but they are good either way

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/11 at 2:27 pm

Pretty much what I do, except I use Miracle Whip instead of mayo.

Have you tried the light miracle whip? It's really very good!!!

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/26/11 at 2:35 pm

Well, since I don't eat them I wasn't sure what was added to the yolks...I knew it had mayo but I wasn't sure what else. I looked it up on the Internet and the ingredients were varied.  Some used dried mustard, some had relish, some had chopped onions and others had hot sauce.

I use Hellman's, I was wondering if Miracle Whip would be better. As far as mustard goes, just a basic yellow mustard?

Written By: Jessica on 07/26/11 at 2:45 pm

Yup!  I do the paprika thing, too!

Have you tried the light miracle whip? It's really very good!!!

That's all I use.  Tastes exactly the same as regular. :D

Well, since I don't eat them I wasn't sure what was added to the yolks...I knew it had mayo but I wasn't sure what else. I looked it up on the Internet and the ingredients were varied.  Some used dried mustard, some had relish, some had chopped onions and others had hot sauce.

I use Hellman's, I was wondering if Miracle Whip would be better. As far as mustard goes, just a basic yellow mustard?

I used Miracle Whip because it has some spices in it, so I just think it makes them taste better.  And yes, just yellow mustard.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/26/11 at 2:56 pm

Thanks!!!  I'll make some tomorrow!

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/11 at 3:17 pm

Well, since I don't eat them I wasn't sure what was added to the yolks...I knew it had mayo but I wasn't sure what else. I looked it up on the Internet and the ingredients were varied.  Some used dried mustard, some had relish, some had chopped onions and others had hot sauce.

yeah we use French's

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/02/11 at 1:47 pm

We (and by we, I mean I, but I have trained my daughters properly as well) hate mustard  :P  I can taste it a mile away, I can use a little dried mustard but never the yellow squeeze bottle crap (although stone ground mustard is a whole different experience).  It does not go in our potato salad, or our deviled eggs. My mothers recipe was mayonnaise (and I don't mean miracle whip), a little sugar and some vinegar.  I have looked for recipes for ages for deviled eggs and that is an impossible feat - good luck!

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/11 at 2:18 pm

We (and by we, I mean I, but I have trained my daughters properly as well) hate mustard  :P  I can taste it a mile away, I can use a little dried mustard but never the yellow squeeze bottle crap (although stone ground mustard is a whole different experience).  It does not go in our potato salad, or our deviled eggs. My mothers recipe was mayonnaise (and I don't mean miracle whip), a little sugar and some vinegar.  I have looked for recipes for ages for deviled eggs and that is an impossible feat - good luck!

Well I now know what I'm never driving to your house for  :P

I only like mustard on/in four things:
deviled eggs
Potato salad
On hot dogs (under the ketchup so it isnt over powering.
And with croquettes.  Don't know if the dutch croquettes my mom makes are the same as the croquttes world is familiar with but it's a breaded seasoned ground beef meat ball fried in oil  man I can eat a dozen of those puppies at a time. (I don't because they are rolled approx the same size of eggs)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/02/11 at 4:47 pm

My sister adds a bit of relish to hers, no mustard, relish

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/02/11 at 6:46 pm

Well I now know what I'm never driving to your house for  :P

I only like mustard on/in four things:
deviled eggs
Potato salad
On hot dogs (under the ketchup so it isnt over powering.
And with croquettes.  Don't know if the dutch croquettes my mom makes are the same as the croquttes world is familiar with but it's a breaded seasoned ground beef meat ball fried in oil  man I can eat a dozen of those puppies at a time. (I don't because they are rolled approx the same size of eggs)
That's funny, cause I make Dutch potato salad.  I make my own dressing - yep no mustard from a bottle either - it has a touch of the dry mustard. It has the sugar, vinegar, salad dressing (homemade - not Miracle whip) as well.

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/11 at 6:54 pm

That's funny, cause I make Dutch potato salad.  I make my own dressing - yep no mustard from a bottle either - it has a touch of the dry mustard. It has the sugar, vinegar, salad dressing (homemade - not Miracle whip) as well.

yeah.... I really hate dutch potato salad.  8-P

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/02/11 at 7:03 pm

yeah.... I really hate dutch potato salad.  8-P
I hate "german" potato salad.  But I love the white potato salad - My recipe says calls it "dutch" not positive if it is.

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/11 at 8:49 pm

I hate "german" potato salad.  But I love the white potato salad - My recipe says calls it "dutch" not positive if it is.

I also hate german Potato salad  :D

Written By: Obbop on 08/03/11 at 9:17 am

Experiment.

Try differing ingredients.

Tip:  start with the most basic recipe.  Take just a little dab of the original product and add an ingredient, leaving the  mass of the basic batch alone.

Make the deviled egg and have your victim eat it. Obtain taste test opinion.

Do the same with little dollops of the original.  Determine what additives please the victim/taster.

After determining additives that are rated yummy commence combining and observing taste test results.

With time you will find the "perfect blend."

Tip:  Use small plastic storage bag.

Snip off small corner at sealed end of bag. 

Fill with deviled egg concoction (best used when making an entire batch of eggs with same filler.

Twist bag so it is sealed at open end leaving small opening you cut the only escape route when you squeeze the bag.

Allows for easy filling of waiting egg

Eat 'em up, yum.

Check for new replies or respond here...