inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Shouldn't Our Salad Have Cucumbers?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/12/11 at 12:32 pm

Hey Y'all.

One of the favorite places for my boyfriend Dion and i to eat at is The Olive Garden. We both really love Italian food and it's liek Heaven by way of Rome to us. Anyway, whenever we eat there, we get a salad to munch on while our food is being prepared and with the salad we ususally get lettuce and tomatoes, onions and black olives. But no cucumber. I'm the kind of person who can cut up 2 whole cucumbers on my salad. I just wonder, should I ask for cucumbers or does it just come without them and I can't get them?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/3110965657_544a8fdf5d.jpg
Thanks!

(Asking here cause I don't wanna look silly at the reatuarant)

Subject: Re: Shouldn't Our Salad Have Cucumbers?

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/12/11 at 12:59 pm

I would assume if they had cucumbers they would be in it.

I looked at their menu on-line...the photo of the salad has no cukes.

You could ask but I doubt they have cucumbers in the kitchen.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/12/11 at 3:17 pm

BYOC  ;)

Written By: amjikloviet on 08/12/11 at 3:43 pm

Hi,

Maybe you can ask for the cucumbers separately if it doesn't already come with the salad. I usually do that whenever I have something and it's missing something else I ask for it. But maybe our restaurants do things differently here though...

Written By: King Tut on 08/12/11 at 5:01 pm

As majikviolet suggested, I would ask the waiter/waitress to add the cucumbers separately.  Maybe they can add it in for you, without an extra charge.
You won't know if you don't ask. And there is no way they will look at you silly (Unless you suggested they pour hot chocolate on your salad 8-P)  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/12/11 at 7:43 pm

Hey Y'all.

One of the favorite places for my boyfriend Dion and i to eat at is The Olive Garden. We both really love Italian food and it's liek Heaven by way of Rome to us. Anyway, whenever we eat there, we get a salad to munch on while our food is being prepared and with the salad we ususally get lettuce and tomatoes, onions and black olives. But no cucumber. I'm the kind of person who can cut up 2 whole cucumbers on my salad. I just wonder, should I ask for cucumbers or does it just come without them and I can't get them?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/3110965657_544a8fdf5d.jpg
Thanks!

(Asking here cause I don't wanna look silly at the reatuarant)

That picture is making me hungry.

Check for new replies or respond here...