inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What would be your last meal?

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/10/11 at 11:04 pm

This a popular question, asked in many polls for some reason. If you knew you were dying tomorrow (like getting executed), what would like for your last meal? I guess mine would be home fried chicken or Mom's meatloaf, a baked potato with lots of butter, sweet corn (from the cob), and a hot fudge sundae. Have fun. 8)

Subject: Re: What would be your last meal?

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 11:19 am

a really good thick steak.... and two or three big fat lobster tails with real drawn butter. Crab claws and fried shrimp....

screw that...are they putting me in an electric chair... I'd have a big assed helping of chili and hope my ass explodes with the first charge.  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/12/11 at 12:25 pm

I dunno.  I really doubt I could eat anything knowing I was gong to die...then again if I did something so horrible that I was going to be executed then I guess I wouldn't be the worrying type. ;D

I'd like to try something new ,some gourmet meal prepared by one of the finest chefs, something with lobster, truffels, saffron (all the stuff I can't afford) with lots of butter. Lots of ice cold beer...since I'm gonna die I guess it wouldn't matter if I started drinking again.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 12:25 pm

I dunno.  I really doubt I could eat anything knowing I was gong to die...then again if I did something so horrible that I was going to be executed then I guess I wouldn't be the worrying type. ;D

I'd like to try something new ,some gourmet meal prepared by one of the finest chefs, something with lobster, truffels, saffron (all the stuff I can't afford) with lots of butter. Lots of ice cold beer...since I'm gonna die I guess it wouldn't matter if I started drinking again.   ;D

HELL YEAH!!!! Bring on the Jack Daniel's Down Home Punch!!!!

Written By: danootaandme on 12/12/11 at 12:29 pm

Mashed potatoes with a lot of salt and butter, bacon, barbecue chicken wings(crispy), rainbow sherbert(not sorbet)

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 12:31 pm

Mashed potatoes with a lot of salt and butter, bacon, barbecue chicken wings(crispy), rainbow sherbert(not sorbet)

I noticed you have mashed 'taters on the brain today  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/12/11 at 12:56 pm

big steak burger with lettuce tomato and cheese, pickle and fries on the side.

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 1:19 pm

big steak burger with lettuce tomato and cheese, pickle and fries on the side.

do you have trader joe's in Queens?  You should try their kobe steak burger!!! OMG it's so good.  A little pricey but totally worth it.

Written By: Howard on 12/12/11 at 1:22 pm

do you have trader joe's in Queens?  You should try their kobe steak burger!!! OMG it's so good.  A little pricey but totally worth it.

It's in Manhattan not Queens.

Written By: Howard on 12/12/11 at 1:23 pm

I would also like a dozen donuts and a box of Joe to gulp down when I'm enjoying the donuts.

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 1:25 pm

It's worth the trip out there!

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/12/11 at 2:44 pm

It's worth the trip out there!

I don't think Howard ever goes into the city.  But I bet there are Trader Joes in Queens, Staten Island just got one and they usually the last to get stuff.

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 2:47 pm

I don't think Howard ever goes into the city.  But I bet there are Trader Joes in Queens, Staten Island just got one and they usually the last to get stuff.

Oh I know he doesn't (except when he goes to visit his friend in Schenectity or whatever) but if he should, big if, ever venture out into the world---I mean Manhattan he should go to Trader Joes and get this burger....you all should... its totally unhealthy (like 56 carbs or something) but sooooo damn tasty. I had mine with A1

Written By: wildcard on 12/12/11 at 5:13 pm

We have a Trader Joes and my mom goes there quite often.  If I want ice cream, I have to get the coconut milk ice cream they have there.  A little cold for ice cream right now.

I think I'll demand a huge steak, rare with all the fat and a bottle of A1 steak sauce.

Written By: Howard on 12/13/11 at 6:50 am

I used to go to the city when I was in a vocational program 8 years ago but if I want to go the city to travel to somewhere I would ask a friend to come and join me.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/13/11 at 12:23 pm

I noticed you have mashed 'taters on the brain today  ;D

I did, and I ended up getting some taters and mashing them up.  I just love mashed potatoes.  My mother used to say that I'd be just as happy with mashed potatoes in an ice cream cone than I would be with ice cream.  I think she was right.  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/13/11 at 2:40 pm

I did, and I ended up getting some taters and mashing them up.  I just love mashed potatoes.  My mother used to say that I'd be just as happy with mashed potatoes in an ice cream cone than I would be with ice cream.  I think she was right.   :)

mashed potato ice cream? sounds really good if it didn't have the butter flavor.

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/13/11 at 3:03 pm

mashed potato ice cream? sounds really good if it didn't have the butter flavor.

Yuck! Mashed potato ice-cream. 8-P

I'm sure the Iron Chefs have made it...they make everything into ice-cream..

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/11 at 3:08 pm

I did, and I ended up getting some taters and mashing them up.  I just love mashed potatoes.  My mother used to say that I'd be just as happy with mashed potatoes in an ice cream cone than I would be with ice cream.  I think she was right.   :)

Nothing wrong with that O0

I have been know to buy the containers of mashed taters at Costco and eating the whole damn thing in one sitting....I think it was meant to feed 5. Well they say 5, I say- realistically, 2-3.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/11 at 3:09 pm

Maurice made avocado bacon ice cream his first appearance on Top Chef.  8-P

Maybe for my last meal I want some top Chef contestants cook me some of the meals that have intrigued me.  Not Maurice.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 12/13/11 at 3:12 pm

;D

Written By: Howard on 12/13/11 at 3:14 pm

Maybe for my last meal I want some top Chef contestants cook me some of the meals that have intrigued me.  Not Maurice.  >:(

avacado Ice Cream?  8-P no thank you.

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/13/11 at 3:50 pm

I've seen some weird flavors, Chef Faulkner made bagel and cream cheese ice-cream on an episode of The Next Iron Chef.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/11 at 6:43 pm

I've seen some weird flavors, Chef Faulkner made bagel and cream cheese ice-cream on an episode of The Next Iron Chef.

Yeah the whole time she was making it I thought NO WAY.  8-P  Then again I don't eat bagels with cream cheese.  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/14/11 at 6:53 am

bagel and cream cheese ice cream? sounds tasty but I'd rather have it for breakfast not on an ice cream cone.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/14/11 at 11:23 am

There's one in Brooklyn.  I've been there.

Written By: Howard on 12/14/11 at 1:06 pm

There's one in Brooklyn.  I've been there.

How'd you like it?

Written By: Howard on 12/14/11 at 1:06 pm

A filet mignon (rare)

Written By: karen on 12/17/11 at 9:13 am

I used to make mashed potato chocolate mousse

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/17/11 at 10:23 am

I used to make mashed potato chocolate mousse

I can see that but a cone or a bowl of frozen mashed taters doesn't appeal to me.

Written By: Howard on 12/17/11 at 1:19 pm

I can see that but a cone or a bowl of frozen mashed taters doesn't appeal to me.

me neither, I'd rather have mashed potatoes on a plate topped with butter and salt.

Check for new replies or respond here...