inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cheeseburger Pizza Crust From Pizza Hut

Written By: gumbypiz on 04/24/12 at 9:22 pm

Just what you always wanted....

This Pizza Has a Crust Made Out of Cheeseburgers  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MWDwZWCfp64

Be grateful this is not in American Pizza Huts...yet. ::)

Subject: Re: Cheeseburger Pizza Crust From Pizza Hut

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/25/12 at 3:55 pm

Just what you always wanted....

This Pizza Has a Crust Made Out of Cheeseburgers  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MWDwZWCfp64

Be grateful this is not in American Pizza Huts...yet. ::)

That's actually quite frightening.  :o :o :o

I heard somewhere that in the UK, Pizza Hut is coming out with a new pizza with hot dogs baked inside the crust.

I swear, Pizza Hut comes up with the goofiest ideas. They out to just make a basketball-sized ball of dough and fill it full of cheese, pizza sauce and pepperoni and call it the Pizza Ball and get it over with already.  ::)  :P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/25/12 at 4:55 pm

8-P

Written By: Jessica on 04/25/12 at 7:07 pm

A review of the crappy pizza:

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/04/a-taste-of-the-cheeseburger-crown-crust-pizza-from-pizza-hut-in-the-middle-east.html

Written By: Howard on 04/26/12 at 7:15 am

Why in the blue hell would someone want a cheeseburger as a crust?  ::) Plus you have the pizza too. you have cheeseburger and pizza it's like asking for a heart attack.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/26/12 at 6:00 pm

I know, let's put a miniature pepperoni pizza inside a giant cheeseburger!
8)

Written By: Howard on 04/26/12 at 7:44 pm

8)

just call it a pizza burger!  ::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/28/12 at 12:02 am

8)

"They call that a New York Slice, with ground beef as a topping, folded over on top of itself!"

A review of the crappy pizza:

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/04/a-taste-of-the-cheeseburger-crown-crust-pizza-from-pizza-hut-in-the-middle-east.html

That's the part that bugs me.  This should have worked.

There are lots of things you could do with the crust of a pizza to make it more fun.  Wrap a little crushed garlic and mozzarella in the crust?  Great!  You've combined garlic breadsticks and pizza!  The cheeseburger only works because all of the ingredients of the burger are enveloped in the bread.  Placing the bread and the burger in one chunk, and the lettuce, pickles, and tomato elsewhere, just doesn't work.  Tomatoes can be argued for, but lettuce and pickles have no place on a pizza.  Conversely, try actually making a cheeseburger with pizza crust, and I'll bet you rapidly realize you could have just ordered a calzone. 

There are lots of things you could put on a cheeseburger to make it more fun.  I'm gonna try fried-to-slightly-crispy pepperoni on my next burger night.  It's just another form of cured pork.  That's not too different from bacon, right?

And yet, the cheeseburger pizza fails.  It's a neat concept, pretty sweet presentation, and I admire the audacity, but I'm going to have to come down on the North American consensus of "not even with somebody else's arteries".

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/28/12 at 12:26 pm

How long until Pizza Hut makes a turducken pizza?  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/12 at 12:27 pm

20 minutes in the oven?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/12 at 5:50 pm

"They call that a New York Slice, with ground beef as a topping, folded over on top of itself!"

That's the part that bugs me.  This should have worked.

There are lots of things you could do with the crust of a pizza to make it more fun.  Wrap a little crushed garlic and mozzarella in the crust?  Great!  You've combined garlic breadsticks and pizza!  The cheeseburger only works because all of the ingredients of the burger are enveloped in the bread.  Placing the bread and the burger in one chunk, and the lettuce, pickles, and tomato elsewhere, just doesn't work.  Tomatoes can be argued for, but lettuce and pickles have no place on a pizza. 

I agree, but salad pizza sells big at Antonio's in Amherst.  College kids will eat anything!
::)

There are lots of things you could put on a cheeseburger to make it more fun.  I'm gonna try fried-to-slightly-crispy pepperoni on my next burger night.  It's just another form of cured pork.  That's not too different from bacon, right?

Long pig pizza!
:o

Written By: Howard on 04/28/12 at 7:24 pm

with gravy on top.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/01/12 at 8:36 pm

I agree, but salad pizza sells big at Antonio's in Amherst.

To get serious for a bit, I can see salad-toppings on a thin pizza crust, just roll it up and it's a veggie burrito.  But I'd think they'd have to be served chilled (to replicate the effect of the burrito), or blasted really hot (to replicate the effect of grilled veggies).  Hold the pickles, and that could work...

College kids will eat anything!

Long pig pizza!
:o

And to take it right back into the gutter (line breaks are magic!), remember, students, if you're going to eat at the "Y", anchovies might be OK, but cheese is right out.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/12 at 9:41 pm

http://www.fdsign.com/evolution/wp-content/uploads/hot-and-saucy-pizza-girls.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/02/12 at 2:22 am

http://www.fdsign.com/evolution/wp-content/uploads/hot-and-saucy-pizza-girls.jpg

That poster actually raises an interesting question.  When did "X" as a rating go away?

Turns out it's later than you thought.  "X" was an MPAA rating, but wasn't trademarked.  ("XX" and "XXX" were never used as official MPAA ratings.) The "X" rating lived until 1990, when it was replaced with the MPAA-trademarked "NC-17", first applied to Henry & June.

Written By: Howard on 05/02/12 at 7:07 am

Does it come with a free pizza?  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/02/12 at 4:48 pm

That poster actually raises an interesting question.  When did "X" as a rating go away?

Turns out it's later than you thought.  "X" was an MPAA rating, but wasn't trademarked.  ("XX" and "XXX" were never used as official MPAA ratings.) The "X" rating lived until 1990, when it was replaced with the MPAA-trademarked "NC-17", first applied to Henry & June.

"Henry and June" was a chick lit/chick flick version of Henry Miller.  Henry was gritty, H&J was Hollywood metrosexual.  I hated it then and I hate it now!

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/02/12 at 7:00 pm

8)

Or a burger with pepperoni in between two pizza crusts.

Written By: Howard on 05/02/12 at 7:50 pm

Or a burger with pepperoni in between two pizza crusts.

Now I'm feeling hungry!  :P

Written By: gumbypiz on 05/02/12 at 10:51 pm

Interesting...as I used to work for Gumby's Pizza as a delivery driver (gumbypiz) for two years on the Ohio State campus back in the early 90's. The whole experience was pretty X-rated if I remember (sex, drugs and rock & roll)...We did serve an (at the time) large 20 inch pizza.

We were known for our motto, "Gumby's Pizza, we can give you 20 inches!"  :D ;D, stamped on t-shirts and on bumper stickers....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/02/12 at 11:08 pm

Interesting...as I used to work for Gumby's Pizza as a delivery driver (gumbypiz) for two years on the Ohio State campus back in the early 90's. The whole experience was pretty X-rated if I remember (sex, drugs and rock & roll)...We did serve an (at the time) large 20 inch pizza.

We were known for our motto, "Gumby's Pizza, we can give you 20 inches!"  :D ;D, stamped on t-shirts and on bumper stickers....

Did you get to deliver to lonely housewives in lingerie?
???

Written By: gumbypiz on 05/02/12 at 11:38 pm

Did you get to deliver to lonely housewives in lingerie?
???

You'd be surprised, I have a whole raunchy movie/stories to tell about pizza delivery exploits (thinking about a writing a screenplay sometime, seriously)...I delivered to MANY lonely ladies with little or nothing on at times, was invited to many a college party, frat or sorority house party and everything in-between (sic). I ended many a long shift at 5:30am with a collection of many different bottles of beer and "other" types of "tobacco" as a tip. A pizza delivery driver sees and experiences what no one else would, or would believe happens late at night...

Remember, the pizza guy is always welcome. We could get invited into places police and others would never get invited in to see...it was Gumby's Pizza (notorious for being off the wall), it was a whole troop of pothead, drunken college misfits delivering pizza, what else but a weird lifestyle could you expect?

Written By: Howard on 05/03/12 at 7:11 am

Damn 20 inches? Good Lord!  :o

Written By: Howard on 05/03/12 at 7:13 am

You'd be surprised, I have a whole raunchy movie/stories to tell about pizza delivery exploits (thinking about a writing a screenplay sometime, seriously)...I delivered to MANY lonely ladies with little or nothing on at times, was invited to many a college party, frat or sorority house party and everything in-between (sic). I ended many a long shift at 5:30am with a collection of many different bottles of beer and "other" types of "tobacco" as a tip. A pizza delivery driver sees and experiences what no one else would, or would believe happens late at night...

Remember, the pizza guy is always welcome. We could get invited into places police and others would never get invited in to see...it was Gumby's Pizza (notorious for being off the wall), it was a whole troop of pothead, drunken college misfits delivering pizza, what else but a weird lifestyle could you expect?

Man, what I wouldn't do to deliver pizza.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/12 at 10:51 pm

Smokin'!

Sounds like we found your title!
:)

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/04/12 at 12:35 am

You'd be surprised, I have a whole raunchy movie/stories to tell about pizza delivery exploits (thinking about a writing a screenplay sometime, seriously)...

I second this. 

"The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed subcategory. He's got esprit up to here. Right now, he is preparing to carry out his third mission of the night. 

people rely on him. He is a role model. This is America. People do whatever the fark they feel like doing, you got a problem with that? Because they have a right to. And because they have guns and no one can farking stop them. As a result, this country has one of the worst economies in the world. When it gets down to it -- talking trade balances here -- once we've brain-drained all our technology into other countries, once things have evened out, they're making cars in Bolivia and microwave ovens in Tadzhikistan and selling them here - once our edge in natural resources has been made irrelevant by giant Hong Kong ships and dirigibles that can ship North Dakota all the way to New Zealand for a nickel -- once the Invisible Hand has taken all those historical inequities and smeared them out into a broad global layer of what a Pakistani brickmaker would consider to be prosperity -- y'know what? There's only four things we do better than anyone else: music, movies, microcode(software), and high-speed pizza delivery.

the Deliverator stands tall, your pie in thirty minutes or you can have it free, shoot the driver, take his car, file a class-action suit. The Deliverator has been working this job for six months, a rich and lengthy tenure by his standards, and has never delivered a pizza in more than twenty-one minutes."

- Hiro Protagonist, in Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash, 1992.

Write 'em up.  Truth is 20% cooler than even the most epic cyberpunk fiction.

Written By: Howard on 05/04/12 at 6:55 am

Smokin'!

Sounds like we found your title!
:)

Those girls could deliver my pizza anytime.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/12 at 12:08 am

I second this. 

"The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed subcategory. He's got esprit up to here. Right now, he is preparing to carry out his third mission of the night. 

people rely on him. He is a role model. This is America. People do whatever the fark they feel like doing, you got a problem with that? Because they have a right to. And because they have guns and no one can farking stop them. As a result, this country has one of the worst economies in the world. When it gets down to it -- talking trade balances here -- once we've brain-drained all our technology into other countries, once things have evened out, they're making cars in Bolivia and microwave ovens in Tadzhikistan and selling them here - once our edge in natural resources has been made irrelevant by giant Hong Kong ships and dirigibles that can ship North Dakota all the way to New Zealand for a nickel -- once the Invisible Hand has taken all those historical inequities and smeared them out into a broad global layer of what a Pakistani brickmaker would consider to be prosperity -- y'know what? There's only four things we do better than anyone else: music, movies, microcode(software), and high-speed pizza delivery.

the Deliverator stands tall, your pie in thirty minutes or you can have it free, shoot the driver, take his car, file a class-action suit. The Deliverator has been working this job for six months, a rich and lengthy tenure by his standards, and has never delivered a pizza in more than twenty-one minutes."

- Hiro Protagonist, in Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash, 1992.

Write 'em up.  Truth is 20% cooler than even the most epic cyberpunk fiction.

"Let's get this pizza back on the road!"
-- Tom Monaghan

(Domino's big cheese Tom Monaghan after a fatal delivery driver crash -- possibly and urban legend)
8)

Another way Domino's got 30 minutes or less out of drivers is to make uniforms so dorky even the loneliest old hag on whiskey and crank wouldn't hitch a ride!
http://www.atletasports.com/images/dominos.jpg

Written By: Howard on 05/06/12 at 7:28 am

"Let's get this pizza back on the road!"
-- Tom Monaghan

(Domino's big cheese Tom Monaghan after a fatal delivery driver crash -- possibly and urban legend)
8)

Another way Domino's got 30 minutes or less out of drivers is to make uniforms so dorky even the loneliest old hag on whiskey and crank wouldn't hitch a ride!
http://www.atletasports.com/images/dominos.jpg

They look like basketball uniforms.

Check for new replies or respond here...