inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Guy Fieri

Written By: Howard on 06/20/12 at 7:28 am

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2009/11/guy-fieri-food-network-425.jpg

I like Guy Fieri. He has a show called Diners, Drive-In's And Dives where he goes all around the globe testing food dishes to his liking.

Subject: Re: Guy Fieri

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/20/12 at 5:16 pm

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2009/11/guy-fieri-food-network-425.jpg

I like Guy Fieri. He has a show called Diners, Drive-In's And Dives where he goes all around the globe testing food dishes to his liking.

Have you been to any of the restaurants Guy has featured on his show?

There's a couple places here in KC that I've gone to, which I probably wouldn't have heard of had they not been on D DI & D.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/20/12 at 10:42 pm

I LOVE Guy Fieri, and have often said that I would kill for his job. I mean, how fun would that be? I love Diners, Drive ins, and Dives....one of my favorite shows! :D

Written By: Howard on 06/21/12 at 7:00 am

Have you been to any of the restaurants Guy has featured on his show?

There's a couple places here in KC that I've gone to, which I probably wouldn't have heard of had they not been on D DI & D.

No I haven't but I hope one day he comes to New York.

Written By: Howard on 06/21/12 at 7:01 am

I LOVE Guy Fieri, and have often said that I would kill for his job. I mean, how fun would that be? I love Diners, Drive ins, and Dives....one of my favorite shows! :D

He stuffs himself with so much food I'm surprised he's in good shape with the way he looks. :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/21/12 at 4:48 pm

He stuffs himself with so much food I'm surprised he's in good shape with the way he looks. :o

He does eat a lot! He's not exactly "skin and bones" though, lol. That kind of eating can catch up to ya!

Written By: Howard on 06/21/12 at 7:40 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLr8X0PldgY

;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/22/12 at 7:48 am

He's really quick with the quips and he's fun to watch!

Written By: Howard on 06/22/12 at 7:33 pm

he sure loves his food like he's having sex.  ;D

Written By: Lindee on 06/23/12 at 9:21 pm

He does eat a lot! He's not exactly "skin and bones" though, lol. That kind of eating can catch up to ya!

I think that might be why Adam Richman (Man vs Food) doesn't do challenges anymore.

Written By: karen on 06/24/12 at 5:43 am

I think that might be why Adam Richman (Man vs Food) doesn't do challenges anymore.

I've watched a couple of episodes of this.  There were some insane challenges on that show.

Diners, drive-ins and Dives is on at a weird time here so I rarely get to watch it because I'm busy with other stuff.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/12 at 7:33 am

I wonder if he ever says "I've got a stomache" or that "I have to use the bathroom" on his shows?

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/12 at 10:26 pm

I wonder if he ever says "I've got a stomache" or that "I have to use the bathroom" on his shows?

If he wants to lose viewers, then yes lol

Written By: Howard on 06/26/12 at 6:22 am

If he wants to lose viewers, then yes lol

problem is he eats too much or is that his shtick? ???

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/12 at 4:27 pm

If you think HE eats too much, then you've obviously never seen Man vs. Food LOL

Written By: Howard on 07/08/12 at 4:46 pm

If you think HE eats too much, then you've obviously never seen Man vs. Food LOL

I've seen Man vs. Food.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/15/12 at 12:14 am

They never show him finishing anything.  He takes one or two bites and they finish the show.  I've been to two places that he's been here in Pittsburgh.  The thing is, he always tells the diner owners that they should charge more money for the things they feature on his show, and the two diners that I've been to, HAVE.  Raised their prices at least a dollar or more on whatever was on the show.  Kind of a bummer, but I guess it's business.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/12 at 7:43 am

I wonder if he ever gets heartburn?  ???

Written By: nally on 03/25/13 at 4:50 pm

Apparently he was in my area a year or two ago...and I missed it. :-\\

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/25/13 at 5:39 pm

I used to joke that Adam Richman needed to have a show right after Man vs Food called Man vs Toilet. ;D

Written By: Lindee on 04/06/13 at 3:02 pm

I used to joke that Adam Richman needed to have a show right after Man vs Food called Man vs Toilet. ;D

I remember watching  Man vs Food and seeing antacid commercials (Prilosec, etc.) on during the show. How ironic.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/06/13 at 3:56 pm

What a crap idea :D

Written By: Howard on 04/06/13 at 7:28 pm

I remember watching  Man vs Food and seeing antacid commercials (Prilosec, etc.) on during the show. How ironic.  ;D

Guy eats too much food.

Written By: Howard on 10/17/14 at 2:09 pm

Who watches Diners Drive Ins And Dives?  ???

Written By: Howard on 10/17/14 at 2:17 pm

Can someone move this to Current Television Shows? Thanks.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...