inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Freebirds World Burrito

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/13/12 at 7:34 am

About 2-3 miles east of where I live there have been a couple of brand-new restaurants under construction, and one of them is called Freebirds World Burrito. In today's Kansas City Star I read an article saying how there were some people who had camped out since Tuesday night awaiting the grand opening on Thursday morning.

I had never heard of Freebirds before but obviously it has a devoted following , and from what I gather from the article Freebirds seems to have been a primarily West Coast chain but they're planning on making a major expansion into the Midwest.

Has anyone else here heard of this place? I'm thinking about stopping in there sometime this weekend.

Subject: Re: Freebirds World Burrito

Written By: snozberries on 07/14/12 at 3:32 pm

There's one in Isla Vista....right next to UCSB. I dont know if it's part of the chain but I know it's been a local favorite for decades... People who graduate come ack just to eat at free birds.  I don't get it.... I don't really lie it but there's a line out the door at all hours of the day.... Particularly after th bars close.  Guess its great hangover food.

Check for new replies or respond here...