inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Candy Corn Flavored Oreos

Written By: gumbypiz on 09/08/12 at 3:20 pm

Just what you were looking for Halloween, right?
Nabisco’s latest answer for a question no one asked is Candy Corn Flavored (and colored) Oreos.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WFAh6hwg700/UEor3nHMJUI/AAAAAAAACjs/lA1X2G00ag0/s1600/enhanced-buzz-17508-1346973190-8.jpg
Ugh  :P, not something I’d like, I can’t stand Candy Corn to begin with.

I guess we should just get used to weird seasonal Oreos coming out, I'm expecting green and red Oreos for the holiday season…

Subject: Re: Candy Corn Flavored Oreos

Written By: wildcard on 09/08/12 at 4:45 pm

Look at all the wonderful die I'll probably be eating if I do try to eat this thing. 

Written By: danootaandme on 09/08/12 at 5:29 pm

Just wrong

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/08/12 at 8:43 pm

SAY WHAT?

http://www.andys-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/troozBarf-257x300.png

Written By: Step-chan on 09/08/12 at 10:00 pm

I seen an article about these on I-mockery earlier.

The reviewer actually loved them.

I'll have to go and get some to see if they are actually good.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/09/12 at 12:37 am

Not sure if want, but will eat some anyways!

http://dinosaurdracula.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/44.jpg

I don't know if these oreos are just vanilla oreos with 2 shades of food coloring, or if they actually taste like candy corn, but let's set the record straight on candy corn:

Whether you (like/dislike) the taste of candy corn, you should know where its distinctive flavor comes from. Before the HFCS wars, the use of corn syrup was a sweeterner no more controversial than the use of honey or maple syrup. Karo Syrup (or any other corn syrup) is what you're after. You owe it to yourself to spend a couple of bucks for a small bottle of the stuff so you can have a taste of it in its purest form, and to know why you (love/hate) candy corn.

Written By: Howard on 09/09/12 at 7:38 am

Nabisco’s latest answer for a question no one asked is Candy Corn Flavored (and colored) Oreos.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2012/9/6/19/enhanced-buzz-17508-1346973190-8.jpg
Ugh  :P, not something I’d like, I can’t stand Candy Corn to begin with.

I guess we should just get used to weird seasonal Oreos coming out, I'm expecting green and red Oreos for the holiday season…

I'll try them when it comes out on Halloween.

Written By: Howard on 09/09/12 at 7:44 am

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/oreo%20truffles%20winter%20oreos.JPG

There's Winter Oreos

http://www.savingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/155.jpg

Spring Oreos

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9AZ5KSMrz60/T-JQXh5QQZI/AAAAAAAAA4c/w3YOp3rEXNQ/s1600/Oreo+Summer+Cookies+2012+Bag.jpg

Summer Oreos

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/09/12 at 11:00 am

It is probably just food coloring to make the cream look different, and they taste like regular Oreos.

Written By: Howard on 09/09/12 at 1:54 pm

It is probably just food coloring to make the cream look different, and they taste like regular Oreos.

What it is is only a gimmick, the box sells and sure it tastes like regular oreos and all they do is put food coloring in the middle, that's all.

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/09/12 at 2:09 pm

What it is is only a gimmick, the box sells and sure it tastes like regular oreos and all they do is put food coloring in the middle, that's all.

Hehe, true. I was thinking I haven't tried the candy corn flavored ones, but then I thought about it and said maybe they just taste like golden Oreos. It's the same cookie and then the cream is nothing but coloring and probably tastes like regular vanilla cream.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/10/12 at 11:52 pm

According to I-Mockery's review, they do taste like candy corn.

I will be getting some soon to make sure and will post about it.

Written By: Jessica on 09/11/12 at 11:17 pm

Nope.

Hate candy corn.

The mint Oreos, on the other hand.......

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/12/12 at 1:24 am

Well, it's like some of you people might remember McDonald's Shamrock Shakes.  You didn't think they were made out of these did you?
http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/gardening.sheknows.com/2011/03/shamrock-clovers.jpg

You know, clover all dried and pulverized and reconstituted with the milk and the nonfat milk solids and the corn syrup and the carrageen and the guar gum and the monodiglycerides....wouldn't tickle your taste buds.  Noooo....those wonderful Shamrock Shakes were dyed green and artificially flavored with a minty substance. The guy who developed them in 1970, James Byrne of Rogers Merchandizing in Chicago , said he used an old family recipe.  He was, of course, referring to his in-laws at W.R. Grace.  It didn't really taste like mint to me.  It tasted like...well, I thought it must be shamrock.  Kids will believe anything.  How do I know what Shamrock flavor is?  I'd have no call to eat clover unless I was a goat or a cow...and if I was a goat or a cow, I'd stay the hell away from McDonald's for sure! 

One time I wanted a second Shamrock Shake at McD's but my dad said no because, he said, if I had any more of that green stuff I'd turn green and get picked up by the INS as an illegal Martian!
:D

http://www.bsideblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/shamrockshakegraphic_000.jpg

The point is, food additives aren't always what they seem, just ask Clarke W. Griswold!

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/12/12 at 2:58 am

Well, it's like some of you people might remember McDonald's Shamrock Shakes.  You didn't think they were made out of these did you?
http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/gardening.sheknows.com/2011/03/shamrock-clovers.jpg

You know, clover all dried and pulverized and reconstituted with the milk and the nonfat milk solids and the corn syrup and the carrageen and the guar gum and the monodiglycerides....wouldn't tickle your taste buds.  Noooo....those wonderful Shamrock Shakes were dyed green and artificially flavored with a minty substance. The guy who developed them in 1970, James Byrne of Rogers Merchandizing in Chicago , said he used an old family recipe.  He was, of course, referring to his in-laws at W.R. Grace.  It didn't really taste like mint to me.  It tasted like...well, I thought it must be shamrock.  Kids will believe anything.  How do I know what Shamrock flavor is?  I'd have no call to eat clover unless I was a goat or a cow...and if I was a goat or a cow, I'd stay the hell away from McDonald's for sure! 

One time I wanted a second Shamrock Shake at McD's but my dad said no because, he said, if I had any more of that green stuff I'd turn green and get picked up by the INS as an illegal Martian!

http://www.bsideblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/shamrockshakegraphic_000.jpg

The point is, food additives aren't always what they seem, just ask Clarke W. Griswold!

Wow, a great food additives historian!!!

Besides, clovers no way taste like mint, (tho they are both green.)  I've tasted them.

Written By: Howard on 09/12/12 at 7:44 am

Are they still available?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/12/12 at 11:05 am

Wow, a great food additives historian!!!

Well, thanks to Snopes and Wikipedia. There was the rumor that McDonald's shakes had seaweed in them (that's the carrageen) which made be people go ewww, but I was cool with it.  At least seaweed is on the food chain someplace.  There was also the rumor that Orange Julius was made with old newspapers.  Slurp slurp, hey Nixon resigned!

Besides, clovers no way taste like mint, (tho they are both green.)  I've tasted them.

It tastes like grass, right?  Doesn't get you high or anything.  I remember the hole foods counter served wheat grass juice.  It's made with the little green wheat shoots, supposed to be real good 4ya but PAPHEWWEEE! Cow cud.  That stuff would make your throat clench and your eyes run...with the rest of you trying to catch up!

Are they still available?
I don't know.  Maybe around St. Patrick's Day.  That's how it started.  Leprechaun Shake sounded too creepy or something.  Maybe they'll do a Latke Shake for Hanukkah.  They could use the fries and some caramel goop.
:P

Written By: Howard on 09/12/12 at 2:34 pm

Maybe they'll do a Latke Shake for Hanukkah.  They could use the fries and some caramel goop.

That sounds very tasty!  :P

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/12/12 at 4:37 pm

I remember the hole foods counter served wheat grass juice.  It's made with the little green wheat shoots, supposed to be real good 4ya but PAPHEWWEEE! Cow cud.  That stuff would make your throat clench and your eyes run...with the rest of you trying to catch up!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/12 at 10:19 pm

I got some today.

They do taste like candy corn for the most part.

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/18/12 at 1:45 pm

Well, thanks to Snopes and Wikipedia. There was the rumor that McDonald's shakes had seaweed in them (that's the carrageen)

... it's carageenan...  just so'z you know...  As in  '''ere, I'll have your Carageenan, *I* luv it!!" 

Written By: meesa on 09/18/12 at 2:05 pm

I..love candy corn. Yep, true! And I am the only person I know that does. I have been accused of being sick, twisted because of it. I am sick and twisted, I guess, but not because of the candy corn.  ;D Have to try these!

I also love that peanut butter taffy candy that comes in the Halloween orange and black wrappers..  ;D ;D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2sH3km3krgw/TI3OBEZr-nI/AAAAAAAAAJ4/pUsJydmTIXI/s1600/220px-Domo_with_candy_corn_for_Halloween.jpg

Written By: Howard on 09/18/12 at 2:31 pm

I might want to look for them in Pathmark tomorrow before my lunch, they might sell them or they might want to wait in time for when Halloween arrives.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/18/12 at 5:55 pm

I..love candy corn. Yep, true! And I am the only person I know that does. I have been accused of being sick, twisted because of it. I am sick and twisted, I guess, but not because of the candy corn.  ;D Have to try these!

I also love that peanut butter taffy candy that comes in the Halloween orange and black wrappers..  ;D ;D

Candy corn was always the last thing left in my trick-or-treat bag.
:\'(

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/18/12 at 9:05 pm

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2sH3km3krgw/TI3OBEZr-nI/AAAAAAAAAJ4/pUsJydmTIXI/s1600/220px-Domo_with_candy_corn_for_Halloween.jpg

Candy corn taste like the rawest raw sugar ever, and not in a good way!  After I eat it, I regret it. Then I eat more. and regret it more.  But I LOVE the peanut butter taffy candy that comes in the Halloween orange and black wrappers!!    :D (sugar high)

Hey speaking of bad sugar etc they're saying right now on the radio that Americans are getting fatter and fatter and that by the year *)(_)&& /2012,
49*7()(53#@0978 % of Americans are going to be obese. If we keep doing what we are doing. Which they don't describe.  (the symbols show how well statistics stick in my head)  :(

Written By: meesa on 09/18/12 at 9:15 pm

Candy corn was always the last thing left in my trick-or-treat bag.
:\'(

My friends would give me theirs because they didn't want it!  ;D

Candy corn taste like the rawest raw sugar ever, and not in a good way!  After I eat it, I regret it. Then I eat more. and regret it more.

You say that like it's a bad thing!  :D

Anyway, Oreo's are fantastic, doesn't matter the filling!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/18/12 at 10:53 pm

The best dessert ever is ice cream cake with Oreo cookie crust and hot fudge.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ451CmOXkRa_QPAcSYZVKe5GquXz1US7EmqwzjraJCKx4ZNChBzgGd-Bsp_A

Written By: Howard on 09/19/12 at 7:13 am

Candy corn taste like the rawest raw sugar ever, and not in a good way!  After I eat it, I regret it. Then I eat more. and regret it more.  But I LOVE the peanut butter taffy candy that comes in the Halloween orange and black wrappers!!    :D (sugar high)

Hey speaking of bad sugar etc they're saying right now on the radio that Americans are getting fatter and fatter and that by the year *)(_)&& /2012,
49*7()(53#@0978 % of Americans are going to be obese. If we keep doing what we are doing. Which they don't describe.  (the symbols show how well statistics stick in my head)  :(

I always loved candy corn and it always left stuff between my teeth. :P

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/19/12 at 5:45 pm

I never liked Oreos, either, not the cookie part or the filling. Raw, raw, raw teeth grindingly raw sugar. BUT give me Toll House Cookies; I'll eat the WHOLE BATCH!!  RAW, even!  (and then be ghastly sick) 

One thing I always liked is those large puffy peachy-orange colored peanuts.  Or am I dating myself?  Anything puffy, like marshmallows, or cotton candy or 3 Musketeers...  yum!    :)

Written By: Howard on 09/19/12 at 8:03 pm

I never liked Oreos, either, not the cookie part or the filling. Raw, raw, raw teeth grindingly raw sugar. BUT give me Toll House Cookies; I'll eat the WHOLE BATCH!!  RAW, even!  (and then be ghastly sick) 

One thing I always liked is those large puffy peachy-orange colored peanuts.  Or am I dating myself?  Anything puffy, like marshmallows, or cotton candy or 3 Musketeers...  yum!    :)

http://www.georgehowe.com/product_images/d/419/marshmallow-peanuts__28575_zoom.jpg

you mean Circus Peanuts? ???

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/21/12 at 9:41 am

http://www.georgehowe.com/product_images/d/419/marshmallow-peanuts__28575_zoom.jpg

you mean Circus Peanuts? ???

Yah?  Thanks, Howard!  how big are those?  gosh, it's been so long, I can't be sure what they looked like!

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 3:37 pm

Yah?  Thanks, Howard!  how big are those?  gosh, it's been so long, I can't be sure what they looked like!

They're average size and they taste like marshmallows.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/21/12 at 5:51 pm

I've never had circus peanuts.

Oh, and speaking of the candy corn gimmick.

There are also Candy Corn M&Ms out at this time.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/21/12 at 9:37 pm

That's what I tell all the ladies!
:-\\

Written By: Howard on 09/22/12 at 4:06 pm

I've never had circus peanuts.

Oh, and speaking of the candy corn gimmick.

There are also Candy Corn M&Ms out at this time.

Do they taste like M&M's? ???

Written By: Step-chan on 09/22/12 at 10:19 pm

Do they taste like M&M's? ???

They taste like White Chocolate M&Ms with a candy shell that tastes like Candy Corn.

Written By: Howard on 09/23/12 at 7:14 am

They taste like White Chocolate M&Ms with a candy shell that tastes like Candy Corn.

I'll have to look out for them.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/23/12 at 11:09 pm

I'll have to look out for them.

They are good.

I prefer them over the Candy Corn Oreos.

Written By: Howard on 09/24/12 at 7:16 am

They are good.

I prefer them over the Candy Corn Oreos.

Pathmark might be selling them now.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/25/12 at 4:36 pm

Pathmark might be selling them now.

If you have Walgreens, CVS or Target in your area, try them. That's where I found them.

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/27/12 at 1:42 pm

Average size... hmm... size is relative. or is it relevant...? The ones I remember seemed BIG, and they DID taste like marshmallows!  I think they might have had flat bottoms. So you could put then on a table and chow them down one by one. Well, God knows. I'm sure!  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/12 at 11:50 pm

CANDY CORNOREOS!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070623150302/uncyclopedia/images/b/ba/Cornholio.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...