inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: fine dining....are you a foodie?

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/13 at 12:21 pm

We all know nothing beats mom's home cooking but I want to hear about your restaurant experiences.

I'm becoming quite a foodie lalely so I wanna know what are some of the best dining experiences you've ever had?

Last night I ate at Crustacean in Beverly Hills.  They make a crab and garlic noodle that's to die for.  Last night I had the lobster and garlic noodles which were also excellent but there wasn't enough lobster so I felt gyped

It was a fine dining experience for sure.

Subject: Re: fine dining....are you a foodie?

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/13 at 12:24 pm

I once ate at Spago in Beverly Hills.... I wasn't really happy with my meal- it was good but not great.  Wolfgang Puck was there.  he came over and said hi to the table.

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/13 at 12:26 pm

I ate at Chef Scott's (Hell's Kitchen chef of Gordon Ramsey's) restaurant in Santa Barbara.  The food was excellent and not horribly over priced like I expected. I need to go back.  I had the lobster. Yummy!

Written By: Dagwood on 03/10/13 at 12:43 pm

I ate at Chef Scott's (Hell's Kitchen chef of Gordon Ramsey's) restaurant in Santa Barbara.  The food was excellent and not horribly over priced like I expected. I need to go back.  I had the lobster. Yummy!

Was Scott there?  I love him

Written By: Inertia on 03/10/13 at 12:46 pm

I went to the Top of the World restaurant in Las Vegas one and had Rack of Lamb with Moroccan Spices. It tasted good but I got motion sickness from the building slowly turning.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/10/13 at 9:38 pm

"best" is hard to say, there have been so many great meals, but recently we have really enjoyed a little "Puerto Rican tapas" place in La Parguera called Moons.  They do a shrimp with a sweet pepper sauce that is great, and a mussels dish in a red wine sauce with a hint of rosemary, other good ones too, and they make a really good sangria

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/13 at 9:44 pm

Was Scott there?  I love him

Unfortunately he wasn't. I'm trying to go again so I can see him but I need a second.

Written By: ninny on 03/12/13 at 7:50 am

My fine dining is limited to chain restaurants (Red Lobster, Applebees and Olive Garden) my last visit to Red lobster stunk. They had to make the lobster pizza twice (first one was burnt) my lobster mac and cheese was dry and just plain awful. Not worth the money.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/12/13 at 9:05 pm

My fine dining is limited to chain restaurants (Red Lobster, Applebees and Olive Garden) my last visit to Red lobster stunk. They had to make the lobster pizza twice (first one was burnt) my lobster mac and cheese was dry and just plain awful. Not worth the money.

Look for small ethnic restaurants, they are often less expensive than the chains and serve better, more interesting food.  We have discovered a few gems even in Vermont

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/12/13 at 9:15 pm

We all know nothing beats mom's home cooking but I want to hear about your restaurant experiences.

I'm becoming quite a foodie lalely so I wanna know what are some of the best dining experiences you've ever had?

Last night I ate at Crustacean in Beverly Hills.  They make a crab and garlic noodle that's to die for.  Last night I had the lobster and garlic noodles which were also excellent but there wasn't enough lobster so I felt gyped

It was a fine dining experience for sure.

Fine dining is more about the food than the restaurant, especially since we are all so spread out.  Could I suggest that we focus on the food?  Just a thought

Written By: snozberries on 03/13/13 at 12:34 am

Fine dining is more about the food than the restaurant, especially since we are all so spread out.  Could I suggest that we focus on the food?  Just a thought

The idea is to discuss the restaurants and the food. Some people travel and may be interested in visiting specific restaurants.

I follow chefs not specific foods so I'm far more interested in the restaurants anyway.

Written By: ninny on 03/13/13 at 10:36 am

Look for small ethnic restaurants, they are often less expensive than the chains and serve better, more interesting food.  We have discovered a few gems even in Vermont

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/21/13 at 10:26 am

If you're ever in La Parguera PR check out Moon's, a PR tapas place.  EVERYTHING is very good, especially the mussels and the shrimp.  Great sangria, both red and white

Check for new replies or respond here...