inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hot Tea or Iced Tea

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/30/13 at 10:26 am

???

Subject: Re: Hot Tea or Iced Tea

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/13 at 10:26 am

Hot Tea

Written By: amjikloviet on 05/30/13 at 10:29 am

Iced tea!

Written By: wildcard on 05/30/13 at 10:31 am

usually cool I don't use ice often, the fridge is cold enough for me usually.

Written By: warped on 05/30/13 at 10:51 am

Hot tea. Tea with milk and cookies.
Yummy.

I drink tea a few times a week. I'm not a coffee person.

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/13 at 7:08 pm

My tea has got to be ice cold and extra sweet....

it always pisses karen off.... or saddens her.... when I do this... but this is my all time favorite tea

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/01/20/00/28/0001200028617_500X500.jpg

on the really, really rare occasions that I drink it.... my hot tea has to be luke warm and loaded with milk and sugar.....and I prefer a lipton tea bag.  ;D   

Written By: Howard on 05/30/13 at 7:49 pm

Iced Tea with lemon and sugar.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/31/13 at 10:28 am

Iced tea.

Written By: ninny on 05/31/13 at 10:47 am

Iced tea with lemon and sugar and if I have any a leaf of mint.

Written By: Inertia on 05/31/13 at 11:01 am

I hate all tea so I picked neither. Lmao

Written By: nally on 05/31/13 at 11:52 am

Both. It depends on what kind of a mood I'm in.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/31/13 at 7:30 pm

Depends on the weather.  Fresh iced tea on a hot day can't be beat.  A lot of the bottled iced tea is way too sweet, though.

If it isn't hot out, I like prefer hot tea.  Earl Grey is my favorite.

Written By: Howard on 05/31/13 at 7:55 pm

I drink hot tea when I have a cold or a sore throat.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/31/13 at 9:05 pm

I only drink iced tea and it can't have sugar in it.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/31/13 at 9:09 pm

My tea has got to be ice cold and extra sweet....

it always pisses karen off.... or saddens her.... when I do this... but this is my all time favorite tea

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/01/20/00/28/0001200028617_500X500.jpg

on the really, really rare occasions that I drink it.... my hot tea has to be luke warm and loaded with milk and sugar.....and I prefer a lipton tea bag.  ;D   

I think you might be the recipient of a fudge a little later when Karen sees this. ;)

I went with both, depending on the weather.  When it is cold nothing warms me up like a hot cup of tea.  And, here comes my fudge, I like Lipton bagged, too. :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/13 at 9:10 pm

I think you might be the recipient of a fudge a little later when Karen sees this. ;)

I went with both, depending on the weather.  When it is cold nothing warms me up like a hot cup of tea.  And, here comes my fudge, I like Lipton bagged, too. :D

It'll be worth it

It took a lot of doing but I finally got a local convenience store to carry it....now I don't have to drive so far to stock up

Written By: karen on 06/01/13 at 4:40 am

It has to be hot tea with milk.

to Snoz and Dag - it's not worth wasting a fudge on you!  Perhaps you need to try some other brands of tea though

Dai just bought some bottled ice tea with lemon and showed them to me like it would be a treat.  8-P  I can't stand lemon juice based drinks either!

Written By: Howard on 06/01/13 at 7:12 am

I only drink iced tea and it can't have sugar in it.

What about a slice of lemon? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/01/13 at 10:08 am

Both. I drink hot tea in the morning and will drink iced tea when we go out to lunch. And both have to be unsweetened and without anything else (lemon, milk, etc). When I first started drinking tea at a young age, I used to use milk & sugar in it but don't anymore. I like to keep my tea bag in the water so when I get down to the bottom, it is nice and ROBUST!!! I also like different flavor teas, also. I love Celestial Seasonings teas. I love Twinings Earl Grey but hate Bigalow Earl Grey. I actually hate any Bigalow teas. And it drives me crazy when I order an iced tea WITHOUT lemon and they bring the lemon anyway so I still taste the lemon in the tea. I hate bottled teas because they have WAY too much corn syrup & lemon in it. I like my tea straight!

I love this stuff but it cost A LOT!

http://www.starwest-botanicals.com/images/D/409085.jpg

I don't drink soda and I don't drink coffee. It is usually tea or water that I drink all the time and an occasional alcoholic drink once in a while.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/13 at 10:57 am

It has to be hot tea with milk.

to Snoz and Dag - it's not worth wasting a fudge on you!  Perhaps you need to try some other brands of tea though

;D

Actually I have. I don't like the flavored teas and I don't like strong tea so what would u suggest I try instead?  ???

Dai just bought some bottled ice tea with lemon and showed them to me like it would be a treat.  8-P  I can't stand lemon juice based drinks either!

We agree on one thing

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/01/13 at 10:48 pm

Both. I drink hot tea in the morning and will drink iced tea when we go out to lunch. And both have to be unsweetened and without anything else (lemon, milk, etc). When I first started drinking tea at a young age, I used to use milk & sugar in it but don't anymore. I like to keep my tea bag in the water so when I get down to the bottom, it is nice and ROBUST!!! I also like different flavor teas, also. I love Celestial Seasonings teas. I love Twinings Earl Grey but hate Bigalow Earl Grey. I actually hate any Bigalow teas. And it drives me crazy when I order an iced tea WITHOUT lemon and they bring the lemon anyway so I still taste the lemon in the tea. I hate bottled teas because they have WAY too much corn syrup & lemon in it. I like my tea straight!

I love this stuff but it cost A LOT!

http://www.starwest-botanicals.com/images/D/409085.jpg

I don't drink soda and I don't drink coffee. It is usually tea or water that I drink all the time and an occasional alcoholic drink once in a while.

Cat

How about:

http://images.iherb.com/l/TRA-00011-1.jpg

Or as my old man used to call it, "Female Boner."
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/02/13 at 2:05 pm

How about:

http://images.iherb.com/l/TRA-00011-1.jpg

Or as my old man used to call it, "Female Boner."
::)

I haven't tried that so I can't really comment on it.

Cat

Written By: Visor765 on 09/27/14 at 10:24 am

Hot tea because it makes your sore throat feel better :/

Written By: Ripley on 03/01/15 at 12:58 pm

Iced tea

Written By: Howard on 03/01/15 at 1:55 pm

Hot Tea.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/11/22 at 7:47 am

Hot Tea
It is very difficult now, when you are allergic to tea.

Written By: Howard on 05/11/22 at 3:04 pm

I love a cold glass of Iced Tea.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/11/22 at 4:17 pm

It is very difficult now, when you are allergic to tea.

Lately, my tea is giving me problems, too. So, I am learning which kinds/flavors I can drink and which ones I can't. I can no longer keep my tea bag in with the caffeinated/decafe and some herbal ones. I have to take the bag out pretty quickly so I don't get too much caffeine.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/11/22 at 4:38 pm

Lately, my tea is giving me problems, too. So, I am learning which kinds/flavors I can drink and which ones I can't. I can no longer keep my tea bag in with the caffeinated/decafe and some herbal ones. I have to take the bag out pretty quickly so I don't get too much caffeine.

Cat

Sorry it's gotten problematic for you, Cat.  :-\\

For myself, I identified caffeine problems many years ago.  I'm all decaf or herbal - that makes it hard to order iced tea (unless I make it myself).  And I do like iced tea; I seldom have it these days due to caffeine.

I like hot tea.  Sometimes I sweeten it, but there are certain flavors I tend to drink unsweetened.  Occasionally I'll use cream too, but it depends on the tea and my mood.  In general I tolerate unsweetened tea more than unsweetened coffee (I like coffee but don't drink it like I used to, it doesn't always like me). 

Written By: kr37 on 05/12/22 at 8:44 am

I like both hot tea and iced tea, but I usually let my hot tea cool down so it isn't too hot. I've been enjoying green tea recently.

Written By: Ripley on 11/19/22 at 4:34 pm

Iced, no sugar

Written By: nally on 01/14/23 at 1:17 pm

I like both hot tea and iced tea, but I usually let my hot tea cool down so it isn't too hot. I've been enjoying green tea recently.

Same with me. It depends on a number of factors, such as time of the year, time of day, and what kind of mood I’m in. I, too, like to let hot tea cool down a bit before I start to drink it.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/23 at 3:00 pm

Iced Tea on a hot day.

Check for new replies or respond here...