inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/14/13 at 12:18 am

Subject: Re: Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate

Written By: warped on 06/14/13 at 7:24 am

Milk Chocolate.
Dark chocolate is too bitter for me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/14/13 at 7:35 am

Can there be an option for "Neither"?

Written By: Howard on 06/14/13 at 7:47 am

Dark Chocolate

Written By: Henk on 06/14/13 at 7:54 am

White chocolate for me, please. Although I know that's not really chocolate.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/14/13 at 8:11 am

Milk Chocolate.
Dark chocolate is too bitter for me.

This

I know dark is better for you but I just don't like the flavor.  Milk all the way.

Written By: Katluver on 06/14/13 at 12:31 pm

No "Can't decide" option?
I've cut down on my chocolate habit, but I still eat dark chocolate during a certain time of the month because of all the iron, copper,  and magnesium it contains. Dark actually tastes good, but I'll admit that I still prefer milk (I just can't have it too often). So milk gets my vote.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/14/13 at 12:52 pm

This

I know dark is better for you but I just don't like the flavor.  Milk all the way.

Dark chocolate is better for you, but not much.

I like both, depends on what I'm in the mood for.  I guess I'd go with milk chocolate 'cos it's sweeter and mellower.

You know how they say chocolate can kill dogs?  Well, one time my sister's dizzy black lab stole and devoured a big bar of baker's chocolate.  Doggie downed it all including some of the wrapper before sister and hubby could wrest it from her.  They were freaked out for a moment.  Then the dog blew chunks and life went on as usual.
:P

Written By: Step-chan on 06/14/13 at 1:52 pm

I like all chocolate, but I tend to prefer dark chocolate a little bit more.

Written By: nally on 06/14/13 at 2:10 pm

I like all chocolate, but I tend to prefer dark chocolate a little bit more.

The same with me.

In fact, I was just about to reply to this thread myself. :) I love 'em both.

Some of the regulars on here who have read my posts for the past several years probably know that every year for Valentine's Day I get a bag of chocolate hearts from See's (to individually hand out to the young ladies in my life). For the first 10 or 11 years I was only getting the milk chocolates (which are wrapped in red foil), but in 2007 I started purchasing the dark chocolates (which are wrapped in pink foil); I decided to get both kinds that year because I just couldn't choose one over the other; also it gave me more chocs to hand out, and I decided which kind I would hand out to each girl. They all seemed to like either one. In 2010, I began purchasing only the dark chocolates.

http://dedaytt.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_screen/public/candy01.jpg

http://www.sees.com/prodimg/949dkchfoilhrts.jpg

Written By: gibbo on 06/14/13 at 5:42 pm

I like ALL chocolate.  But, milk is my favourite.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/14/13 at 6:05 pm

Milk followed by white. Don't care too much for dark but I will eat it.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/14/13 at 7:30 pm

White chocolate for me, please. Although I know that's not really chocolate.

It's a different kind of.

Written By: Howard on 06/14/13 at 7:31 pm

I like both, depends on what I'm in the mood for.  I guess I'd go with milk chocolate 'cos it's sweeter and mellower.

You know how they say chocolate can kill dogs?  Well, one time my sister's dizzy black lab stole and devoured a big bar of baker's chocolate.  Doggie downed it all including some of the wrapper before sister and hubby could wrest it from her.  They were freaked out for a moment.  Then the dog blew chunks and life went on as usual.

Was your sister's dog ok? ???

Written By: danootaandme on 06/14/13 at 7:34 pm

Dark Chocolate  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 06/14/13 at 7:37 pm

True

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/14/13 at 8:45 pm

Milk or white.  I don't like dark chocolate, it's too sweet.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/14/13 at 9:18 pm

;D  I think if I downed a whole bar of bakers chocolate I would blow chunks, too.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/14/13 at 11:20 pm

;D  I think if I downed a whole bar of bakers chocolate I would blow chunks, too.

I said the dog was trying to be a chocolate lab!

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/15/13 at 12:46 am

Wait, what?  The higher the percentage of cocoa solids, the more bitter it is.  Dark chocolate starts at around 65%, peaks in the low-70% range, and most people's tolerance for bitterness fails around 85%.

My go-to bars are the Lindt or Valrhona bars in the 70-80% range.  If I want my palate to explode with sugary glee, I do the Lindor white chocolate truffles.  If you dig the bitter, this will blow your mind.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/15/13 at 1:37 am

Wait, what?  The higher the percentage of cocoa solids, the more bitter it is.  Dark chocolate starts at around 65%, peaks in the low-70% range, and most people's tolerance for bitterness fails around 85%.

My go-to bars are the Lindt or Valrhona bars in the 70-80% range.  If I want my palate to explode with sugary glee, I do the Lindor white chocolate truffles.  If you dig the bitter, this will blow your mind.

I do the Lindt dark chocolate bars  :)  I like to melt them in the micro and add my own fruit, usually raisins but sometimes lemon rind or orange rind.

Written By: ninny on 06/15/13 at 6:58 am

I like milk the best, but I don't mind the other two.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/13 at 3:54 pm

like Hershey's Dark? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/15/13 at 10:43 pm

That's what the Aztecs were drinking.  It was more like coffee.  It was the French (I think) who added the milk and sugar.
:)

Written By: Visor765 on 09/27/14 at 10:45 am

Depends on what it is...

Written By: Howard on 09/27/14 at 6:12 pm

Dark Chocolate

Written By: Ripley on 03/01/15 at 12:50 pm

White chocolate

Check for new replies or respond here...