inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lard Bars

Written By: snozberries on 08/18/13 at 1:37 pm

Lard Bars.... that's what I call frozen burritos...  ;D

I have had a serious craving for them lately... I love them...

beef and bean
beef and bean green chile

I'm so glad (or maybe it's unfortunate) that they make them without cheese....

http://ct.mywebgrocer.com/legacy/productimagesroot/DJ/2/162302.jpg

http://tinasburritos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/beef-bean-burritos-6pack-462x350.jpg http://tinasburritos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/beef-bean-green-chili-burritos-6pack-495x350.jpg

https://www.7-eleven.com/Content/Catalog/740_beef_bean_burrito.png

Okay... now I'm hungry again!!!

Subject: Re: Lard Bars

Written By: valleyroads on 08/18/13 at 2:43 pm

I find the regular ones from almost all brands vile, but the chimichangas and the Jose Ole, 7-Eleven Select, El Monterey & Don Miguel breakfast burritos are pretty good (7-Eleven Select bacon breakfast burrito is one of my biggest weaknesses), and the bacon, Southern-style pork sausage, & chorizo, breakfast burritos & regular burritos available in the cold deli case at a local convenience store chain are awesome.

Written By: snozberries on 08/18/13 at 4:30 pm

I find the regular ones from almost all brands vile, but the chimichangas and the Jose Ole, 7-Eleven Select, El Monterey & Don Miguel breakfast burritos are pretty good (7-Eleven Select bacon breakfast burrito is one of my biggest weaknesses), and the bacon, Southern-style pork sausage, & chorizo, breakfast burritos & regular burritos available in the cold deli case at a local convenience store chain are awesome.

I had a Tina's chimichanga the other day...it was okay.

I don't like the El Monterey brand. I think maybe they use real (whole) beans... I like my beans puree'd lol

Written By: Howard on 08/19/13 at 6:51 am

But will they taste good when they're microwaved afterwards?

Written By: snozberries on 08/19/13 at 7:44 am

But will they taste good when they're microwaved afterwards?

After what Howard?

They are frozen burritos and are meant to be microwaved.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/13 at 2:47 pm

After what Howard?

They are frozen burritos and are meant to be microwaved.

Will they taste fresh like what you have at Mexican restaurants?

Written By: whistledog on 08/19/13 at 6:25 pm

Frozen Burritos taste the same as Taco Bell Burritos I find

Written By: snozberries on 08/19/13 at 6:51 pm

No and they aren't supposed to. Just like McDonald's & bk don't taste like the burgers you get in a real restaurant. It's its own food flavor.

Written By: snozberries on 08/19/13 at 6:51 pm

Bite your tongue!!! Frozen lard bars are way better than taco hell burritos.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/13 at 9:22 pm

I seem to remember having a freezerful of something like that in the early '90s.  It was like an egg roll-sized refried bean frozen burrito. They were twofer-a-buck at the IGA.  Nuke 'em for a minute and scarf 'em down.
:)

Written By: Howard on 08/20/13 at 7:11 am

I haven't had one in quite a long time.

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/13 at 8:12 am

I haven't had one in quite a long time.

Don't listen to him Howard. They are not the same.

Do you have a microwave in your breakroom at work?

Go to the frozen food aisle and look at the frozen burritos

Find one most appealing to you

Buy one on your lunch break it should cost $1.25 or way less

Microwave per instructions and enjoy.

I know you're on vacation but try to remember when u return to work

Written By: Howard on 08/20/13 at 6:32 pm

Don't listen to him Howard. They are not the same.

Do you have a microwave in your breakroom at work?

Go to the frozen food aisle and look at the frozen burritos

Find one most appealing to you

Buy one on your lunch break it should cost $1.25 or way less

Microwave per instructions and enjoy.

I know you're on vacation but try to remember when u return to work

There is no microwave in the breakroom but there is a microwave in the deli department, I might buy one or maybe a pack, one of these days before I return to work.

Written By: snozberries on 08/21/13 at 1:11 am

There is no microwave in the breakroom but there is a microwave in the deli department, I might buy one or maybe a pack, one of these days before I return to work.

Buy at least one before you buy the pack...to make sure you like it.  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/21/13 at 10:24 am

Tina's used to have a chicken one (with real shredded chicken) and I think green chile that I used to LOVE and it only had 3 gm of fat in each one.  Kept a bag of those in my fridge at all times! 

I love love love the Red Hot Beef and Bean, don't mind bean and cheese.  In fact we have some of these in our freezer now...  Ex large monteray brand!  My favorite were the Landshires we had in jr. High and high school and can find in some gas stations today!  The grease would drip out of them! 

Written By: Howard on 08/22/13 at 7:56 am

I went to the supermarket and bought one burrito, I thought it was a breakfast burrito but when I got home it was just a regular burrito, I will have it for lunch later. Wow, these things are huge! :o

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/13 at 10:14 am

I went to the supermarket and bought one burrito, I thought it was a breakfast burrito but when I got home it was just a regular burrito, I will have it for lunch later. Wow, these things are huge! :o

they have different sizes... 

what brand and flavor did you buy?

I've never had a frozen breakfast burrito...probably because I'm not a big fan of breakfast burritos but also because most of them have cheese in them.

Written By: Howard on 08/22/13 at 1:59 pm

I've never had a frozen breakfast burrito...probably because I'm not a big fan of breakfast burritos but also because most of them have cheese in them.

It was a brand called Amy's, It was made with organic black beans rice and tomatoes. Maybe I'll save it for some other time or when we have Mexican night for dinner.

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/13 at 2:32 pm

It was a brand called Amy's, It was made with organic black beans rice and tomatoes. Maybe I'll save it for some other time or when we have Mexican night for dinner.

oh that one's too healthy... you gotta get the ones that are really bad for you!!! it's a whole different type of burrito.  :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/22/13 at 3:31 pm

you completely ignored my post of having the xxlarge in my freezer....  Oh hum I will get over it...    ::)

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/13 at 11:45 pm

Tina's used to have a chicken one (with real shredded chicken) and I think green chile that I used to LOVE and it only had 3 gm of fat in each one.  Kept a bag of those in my fridge at all times! 

I love love love the Red Hot Beef and Bean, don't mind bean and cheese.  In fact we have some of these in our freezer now...  Ex large monteray brand!  My favorite were the Landshires we had in jr. High and high school and can find in some gas stations today!  The grease would drip out of them!

sorry I missed this.

I don't think I've ever seen the chicken Tina's

I don't like el Monterey too much plus yours has cheese so it's hard to get excited.

It's crazy how many I've had in two weeks considering I hadn't had them in years.

I gotta clean out the last 4 in my fridge then I need to stop cold turkey lol. It's getting dangerous for me

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/23/13 at 2:43 am

sorry I missed this.

I don't think I've ever seen the chicken Tina's

I don't like el Monterey too much plus yours has cheese so it's hard to get excited.

It's crazy how many I've had in two weeks considering I hadn't had them in years.

I gotta clean out the last 4 in my fridge then I need to stop cold turkey lol. It's getting dangerous for me
the red hot beef and bean do not have cheese!

Not sure if Tina's have the chicken anymore!  They were delish (I want to say chicken and green chili) my main reason was the 4gm of fat!!!  I could eat them when I was dieting!!! 

Written By: Howard on 08/23/13 at 7:51 am

oh that one's too healthy... you gotta get the ones that are really bad for you!!! it's a whole different type of burrito.  :D

I don't want to be in the bathroom so I'll stick to the healthy ones.

Written By: snozberries on 08/23/13 at 10:21 am

I don't want to be in the bathroom so I'll stick to the healthy ones.

I don't think the tasty ones make you go any more than the healthy ones or any other food.

Written By: Howard on 08/23/13 at 1:10 pm

I don't think the tasty ones make you go any more than the healthy ones or any other food.

how do you know? have you had a sour stomach before after eating a burrito?

Written By: snozberries on 08/23/13 at 1:25 pm

how do you know? have you had a sour stomach before after eating a burrito?

I said I don't think they do. Since I don't know, nor do I want to know, your bowel system I can only speculate.

And.... How do YOU know.  You've ever had the processed ones before maybe they you'll react differently

Written By: Dagwood on 08/23/13 at 11:00 pm

Now, now you two...are you really fighting over what the after affects of frozen burritos would be?  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/23/13 at 11:22 pm

Now, now you two...are you really fighting over what the after affects of frozen burritos would be?  ;D

Burrito Popsicle?
???

Written By: Howard on 08/24/13 at 7:23 am

She started! :P

;D

Written By: Howard on 08/24/13 at 7:24 am

Burrito Popsicle?
???

sounds tasty but NO!  8-P

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/13 at 10:22 am

;D

Written By: Howard on 08/24/13 at 3:28 pm

We shouldn't be fighting over Mexican food. That's the least of my problems.

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/13 at 2:25 am

We shouldn't be fighting over Mexican food. That's the least of my problems.

I wasn't fighting with you Howard honest  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/25/13 at 3:35 am

I wasn't fighting with you Howard honest  ;D
lol...  Throw cheese at her Howard!!! 

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/13 at 3:44 am

:P

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/25/13 at 4:08 am

:P
i wonder what you would do if someone pulled out those chocolate  -  wait!!!!! 

Save it for the other thread!!!

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/13 at 4:12 am

;D

Written By: Howard on 08/25/13 at 4:28 pm

LIMBURGER!!!  :P

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/LimburgerCheese3.jpg

Written By: Howard on 08/25/13 at 4:30 pm

frogs?http://www.ezrapoundcake.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/chocolate-frogs-2-570x341.jpg

:D

Written By: Howard on 08/26/13 at 7:09 am

I had the burrito along with a salad last night and I didn't like it much, I prefer it fresh and hot from a restaurant, not frozen.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/26/13 at 7:15 am

I had the burrito along with a salad last night and I didn't like it much, I prefer it fresh and hot from a restaurant, not frozen.

Well, at least you tried and you know from experience. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/26/13 at 7:24 am

Well, at least you tried and you know from experience. :)

It just doesn't taste good.

Written By: snozberries on 08/26/13 at 1:45 pm

Again Howard you got the wrong kind of burrito.

You need to get the cheap, processed burritos. One of the brands listed in the first post.

It's like McDonalds or Burger King. They make good burgers but they don't make a good burger.

If toy want to eat a really good high end burger you go to a restaurant. If you just want a fast food burger you go to Bk

If you are looking for a good burrito go to chipotle or a Mexican restaurant but if you want an unhealthy tasty block o' yummy goodness then get a low end frozen burrito.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/13 at 7:28 pm

Again Howard you got the wrong kind of burrito.

You need to get the cheap, processed burritos. One of the brands listed in the first post.

It's like McDonalds or Burger King. They make good burgers but they don't make a good burger.

If toy want to eat a really good high end burger you go to a restaurant. If you just want a fast food burger you go to Bk

If you are looking for a good burrito go to chipotle or a Mexican restaurant but if you want an unhealthy tasty block o' yummy goodness then get a low end frozen burrito.

ok, maybe next time.

Check for new replies or respond here...