inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: KFCs To Go Cups

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/01/13 at 6:10 pm

Basically it's chicken and potato wedges stuffed in a cup with a bottom fitted for standard car cup holders. Okay, Im guilty of eating snacks and drinking sodas while I drive, but even I think this is a dangerous idea considering its distracted driving. The meal is too greasy for people to get a firm grip on their steering wheels, and wiping yourself with napkins while driving is also unwise. I hope I dont get behind someone with a To Go cup.

Subject: Re: KFCs To Go Cups

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/13 at 12:24 am

Basically it's chicken and potato wedges stuffed in a cup with a bottom fitted for standard car cup holders. Okay, Im guilty of eating snacks and drinking sodas while I drive, but even I think this is a dangerous idea considering its distracted driving. The meal is too greasy for people to get a firm grip on their steering wheels, and wiping yourself with napkins while driving is also unwise. I hope I dont get behind someone with a To Go cup.

Can't they just puree chicken and mash, add espresso, and call it the Colonel's Latte?
:P

Written By: danootaandme on 10/02/13 at 4:50 am

Can't they just puree chicken and mash, add espresso, and call it the Colonel's Latte?

Too right.  The stuff is so greasy and tasteless it wouldn't matter how they served it.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/13 at 6:52 am

wouldn't taste good.  :P

Written By: Howard on 10/02/13 at 6:54 am

Where do these fast food restaurants come up with these ideas? A cup that holds chicken wedges and french fries? You could easily do it yourself at home, save some money.

Written By: valleyroads on 10/09/13 at 10:00 am

Agreed there! And all 3 cars I've owned have had slippery steering wheels (especially the smooth Bakelite wheel in an early 60s Oldsmobile Cutlass, which had a long center console opening that I was guilty of putting Fred Meyer deli potato wedges or Ray's Food Place cheese-stuffed tater tots in from time to time), so for those with older cars, this is a particularly bad idea

Written By: Howard on 10/09/13 at 1:04 pm

That's why one shouldn't eat and drive at the same time.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/13/13 at 10:48 pm

Agreed there! And all 3 cars I've owned have had slippery steering wheels (especially the smooth Bakelite wheel in an early 60s Oldsmobile Cutlass, which had a long center console opening that I was guilty of putting Fred Meyer deli potato wedges or Ray's Food Place cheese-stuffed tater tots in from time to time), so for those with older cars, this is a particularly bad idea

"Ray's Food Place"

Funny name.  Is that a Portland thing?
???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/15/13 at 12:31 pm

I'm not even sure my town has a KFC. It's been years. I remember because the last time I went, I had rented a VHS tape from the "Hollywood Video" across the parking lot from it.

Popeye's and Church's have a lock on my town.  ;D

Written By: amjikloviet on 11/15/13 at 2:30 pm

I'm not even sure my town has a KFC. It's been years. I remember because the last time I went, I had rented a VHS tape from the "Hollywood Video" across the parking lot from it.

Hahaha ;D. That's funny.

There are a lot of KFC restaurants here...TOO many if you ask me! I have not tried these "To Go Cups", and I don't think I will.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/13 at 4:14 pm

Instead of putting all that food into a cup, Why not just keep it in a bowl?

Written By: Howard on 11/15/13 at 4:15 pm

How about:

Dunkin Donuts To Go Cups?
McDonalds To Go Cups?
Burger King To Go Cups?
Pizza Hut To Go Cups?
Baskin Robbins To go Cups?

Written By: valleyroads on 11/28/13 at 7:44 pm

"Ray's Food Place"

Funny name.  Is that a Portland thing?
???

Oregon, Northern California & Washington. Supposed to be the "neighborhood market" branch of the company that owns Food-4-Less and Megafoods supermarkets, and was founded in Brookings (southern Oregon Coast) in the 1950s.

There is an abandoned Ray's Food Place with super-high-end layout/decor/amenities in Eugene, Oregon that has been empty 6 years after being open for 10 months.

Check for new replies or respond here...