inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It's A Conspiracy. To Put A Tim Horton's Donuts On Every Street Corner Between

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/13/15 at 7:20 pm

Cobourg, Ontario and Oshawa, Ontario! >:( 

Let me explain?

I went with my mother to Bowmanville to take our vacume cleaner in for repairs then we went on to try and find some foam to upholster some chairs that we have and what do I see on every street corner between here and Oshawa? A f**king Tim Horton's Donut shop on every street corner between Bowmanville and Oshawa. I mean WTF is this? It's a conspiracy is what it is?

Subject: Re: It's A Conspiracy. To Put A Tim Horton's Donuts On Every Street Corner Between

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/13/15 at 7:56 pm

I haven't seen this phenomenon nearly as much since I moved back to Nebraska, but when I lived down in Kansas City it almost seemed like I couldn't throw a rock without hitting a Sonic Drive-In. :P

Subject: Re: It's A Conspiracy. To Put A Tim Horton's Donuts On Every Street Corner Between

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/15 at 4:01 pm

Makes a change from Starbucks.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/14/15 at 5:54 pm

I'd rather put my money into a locally owned fair trade and organic coffee shop.  At least I know that the famer who grew the coffee got a fair price for their wares.

Written By: Howard on 03/14/15 at 7:54 pm

Have you been to Tim Horton's? ???

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/14/15 at 9:35 pm

Yes and I'm quite unimpressed with their coffee.  :P

Written By: Howard on 03/15/15 at 1:41 pm

Yes and I'm quite unimpressed with their coffee.  :P

Would you rather a Dunkin Donuts instead?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/15/15 at 1:51 pm

Would you rather a Dunkin Donuts instead?

No!  ::) Just give me a coffee from a local coffee house and it makes me happy everytime.  I wouldn't ever support some of these huge corporate conglomerates because it makes me wonder and think about whether or not the farmer who grew the coffee beans got a fair price for his/her wares.

http://fairtrade.ca/

Written By: KatanaChick on 03/16/15 at 4:31 am

We have Tim Horton's in my state now and I've never tried their food yet, but they're often combined with Cold Stone Creamery and that's the only time I was ever in one. Starbucks is the one that's everywhere. Really, every grocery store and Barnes and Noble has one in it.

Written By: ArcticFox on 04/01/15 at 10:01 am

Starbucks is in fact everywhere, but back when I lived in Ohio there was a Tim Hortons nearby. I really liked their donuts, but I didn't get a chance to try their coffee. I was too young to have acquired a taste for it back then. I drink it now, though.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/03/15 at 10:52 pm

Starbucks is in fact everywhere, but back when I lived in Ohio there was a Tim Hortons nearby. I really liked their donuts, but I didn't get a chance to try their coffee. I was too young to have acquired a taste for it back then. I drink it now, though.

We have 4 Tim Hortons in Cobourg and I'm glad that I didn't bring my bag with me because I'm pretty sure that I would have been in the convenience store or the Tim Hortons buying god knows what with my money!

Written By: Howard on 05/04/15 at 1:38 pm

Has anyone seen their menus?

Written By: whistledog on 05/05/15 at 1:25 am

In my city, there is exactly 26 Tim Horton's locations.  I don't drink coffee, so I just go for the food and I can never say no to donuts lol

When I was a kid, Tim Horton's was called Tim Horton Donuts and they only sold Coffee/Tea, Drinks (pop, juice and milk) and Pastries (they used to have these éclair's called Bow Ties that a lot of people wish they still made).  In the late 80s, they renamed themselves Tim Horton's (and started serving soups and sandwiches) because, well, by that point if you didn't know Tim Horton's sold donuts, then what the hell kind of Canadian are you that you don't know what Tim Horton's is? lol

In America, they are branded Tim Horton's Café and Bake Shop because the franchise is still rather new there and not all Americans know what or even who Tim Horton is/was

Check for new replies or respond here...