inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tea drinkers?

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/08/15 at 1:13 am

I've been on such a tea kick lately and had to ask who else drinks it. I just had a cup of cinnamon black tea that has enough flavor to it to be good. Just not as good as Teavana, but I can't afford Teavana. At least not often.

Subject: Re: Tea drinkers?

Written By: gibbo on 04/08/15 at 2:18 am

I've been on such a tea kick lately and had to ask who else drinks it. I just had a cup of cinnamon black tea that has enough flavor to it to be good. Just not as good as Teavana, but I can't afford Teavana. At least not often.

I drink both tea and coffee daily. I have a cup of tea for my morning tea with toast...  and sometimes after dinner/supper.

Written By: Howard on 04/08/15 at 1:47 pm

I drink hot tea when I have a cold or the flu. I'm mostly a coffee drinker.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/08/15 at 6:00 pm

I drink coffee daily or I'd commit murder, but I do enjoy a nice iced sweet tea from time to time and a hot lemon zinger tea from time to time.  :)

Written By: nally on 04/08/15 at 11:38 pm

I drink hot tea at breakfast time, or after I've had a big dinner. I drink iced tea usually when the weather is hot.

Written By: GypsyRoad on 04/09/15 at 4:17 am

I drink Crystal Light Peach Tea everyday, regular tea gives me heartburn plus I can't have the caffeine and don't want the sugar,either; Also I prefer to have a supply of Wild Cherry Bark Tea that I can only get on the internet it is good for anyone that has any breathing issues it opens up your bronchial tubes to help you breathe easier.

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/09/15 at 7:35 am

I drink Crystal Light Peach Tea everyday, regular tea gives me heartburn plus I can't have the caffeine and don't want the sugar,either; Also I prefer to have a supply of Wild Cherry Bark Tea that I can only get on the internet it is good for anyone that has any breathing issues it opens up your bronchial tubes to help you breathe easier.

Wild Cherry Bark tea? Never heard of it! What does it taste like? I have breathing issues through my nose, but that's it. Usually after sleeping on one side. But for bad colds that sounds good!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/09/15 at 11:34 am

Do I drink tea? Does a bear go doodoo in the woods?  :D ;D ;D ;D

For years now, I mostly drank Lipton in the morning. But starting last year, something changed and I'm not too sure why or how.

I bought myself a tea box and of course I had to fill it. So, I opened an account with Twinings and ordered so many different ones (I think it is safe to say that at the moment I probably have more than two dozen different kinds-both caffeinated and non-caffeinated)  :o :o :o. I usually drink 2 caffeinated cups in the morning and one non-caffeinated (whether it is just a decafe or herbal) in the afternoon. Oh, and my cups are probably about the size of 2 cups of an ordinary person. I was Skyping with my sister and her sig while I was drinking and he commented that he had never seen such a big cup before. And I NEVER put sugar in it. I will put some honey in it if I am sick but otherwise, I just want a tea bag & water. And I keep the bag in there so at the end of the cup, it is REALLY ROBUST!

So now I have two problems, 1. it does stain my teeth.  :-\\ 2. Deciding which one I want to have.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/09/15 at 1:37 pm

I drink iced tea usually when the weather is hot.

I love iced tea with lemon.

Written By: gibbo on 04/09/15 at 7:49 pm

For years now, I mostly drank Lipton in the morning. But starting last year, something changed and I'm not too sure why or how.

I bought myself a tea box and of course I had to fill it. So, I opened an account with Twinings and ordered so many different ones (I think it is safe to say that at the moment I probably have more than two dozen different kinds-both caffeinated and non-caffeinated)  :o :o :o. I usually drink 2 caffeinated cups in the morning and one non-caffeinated (whether it is just a decafe or herbal) in the afternoon. Oh, and my cups are probably about the size of 2 cups of an ordinary person. I was Skyping with my sister and her sig while I was drinking and he commented that he had never seen such a big cup before. And I NEVER put sugar in it. I will put some honey in it if I am sick but otherwise, I just want a tea bag & water. And I keep the bag in there so at the end of the cup, it is REALLY ROBUST!

So now I have two problems, 1. it does stain my teeth.  :-\\ 2. Deciding which one I want to have.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I have the Twinings English Breakfast tea bags (no sugar either).  Having a large mug as I type... :)

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/10/15 at 6:58 am

Cat

Lipton's pyramid bags aren't bad, I had a peach white tea like that. I can't drink the Celestial brand, it's just... 8-P! I have a couple boxes of Twinnings still in the cupboard. One is a black currant the other is pumpkin spice. They're good, but not as strong a flavor as Harney and Son's which is what the cinnamon is. I have tried tea with milk or cream and I prefer without. Plain sugar makes it taste all wrong! I might try beet sugar or rock sugar some time. I also leave the bag in the whole time because I like as much flavor as I can get! Thai tea however is a whole different story and is already very flavored, but I don't know how to do homemade and just buy packages of a mix.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/15 at 7:25 am

http://www.dealseekingmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/free-crystal-light-on-the-go.jpg

I drink Crystal Light tea packets.

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/10/15 at 8:02 am

http://www.dealseekingmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/free-crystal-light-on-the-go.jpg

I drink Crystal Light tea packets.

I've had those!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/10/15 at 12:28 pm

I have the Twinings English Breakfast tea bags (no sugar either).  Having a large mug as I type... :)

My first cup this morning was English Breakfast tea. My second cup is English Afternoon tea.

Lipton's pyramid bags aren't bad, I had a peach white tea like that. I can't drink the Celestial brand, it's just... 8-P! I have a couple boxes of Twinnings still in the cupboard. One is a black currant the other is pumpkin spice. They're good, but not as strong a flavor as Harney and Son's which is what the cinnamon is. I have tried tea with milk or cream and I prefer without. Plain sugar makes it taste all wrong! I might try beet sugar or rock sugar some time. I also leave the bag in the whole time because I like as much flavor as I can get! Thai tea however is a whole different story and is already very flavored, but I don't know how to do homemade and just buy packages of a mix.

My step-daughter makes a bunch of homemade teas. I used to use a tea ball with it but the "stuff" would leak out of the ball and I would get little stuff in the tea which I HATE.  8-P  I then found empty tea bags. It is great. You put in whatever you want.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/10/15 at 3:26 pm

I've had those!

Do you like them? They're good if you want a quick iced tea fix.

Written By: GypsyRoad on 04/15/15 at 4:48 pm

Wild Cherry Bark tea? Never heard of it! What does it taste like? I have breathing issues through my nose, but that's it. Usually after sleeping on one side. But for bad colds that sounds good!

It tastes like Ludens Wild Cherry cough drops only in a tea flavor I was reading it is also good for diarrhea, too.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/15 at 3:55 pm

I drink hot tea for the times that I have a cold.

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/18/15 at 6:36 am

I drink hot tea from the times that I have a cold.

It's good for that, but I use Theraflu when I have a cold. The apple flavored kind doesn't taste so horrible, but it's still medicine.  8-P Spicy soups also make you feel better.

Written By: Howard on 04/18/15 at 7:33 am

Spicy soups also make you feel better.

spicy soups helps your sinuses.

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/18/15 at 9:44 am

spicy soups helps your sinuses.

Yeah they do. I love Hot and Sour or Tom Ka Kai.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/18/15 at 11:23 am

When I have sinus issues, my "chef" makes "Sinus Soup"-basically it is soup with all sorts of spices-ginger and such, that really cleans out the sinuses. Unfortunately, sometimes he makes it TOO spicy that it burns my mouth and I can't eat it.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/18/15 at 6:00 pm

Hot and Sour Soup is really good.

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/18/15 at 7:46 pm

When I have sinus issues, my "chef" makes "Sinus Soup"-basically it is soup with all sorts of spices-ginger and such, that really cleans out the sinuses. Unfortunately, sometimes he makes it TOO spicy that it burns my mouth and I can't eat it.

Cat

Thai soups use ginger, and lemongrass. You can't eat either one of those, but they flavor it and it's good.

Written By: Bobby on 05/03/15 at 12:15 pm

Oh yes, I don't know whether it's the English in me but I love a good brew. Do you folks put the milk in before or after the water has brewed the tea?

Written By: Howard on 05/03/15 at 1:54 pm

Oh yes, I don't know whether it's the English in me but I love a good brew. Do you folks put the milk in before or after the water has brewed the tea?

I put the milk in after the water has brewed.

Written By: Bobby on 05/03/15 at 3:29 pm

I put the milk in after the water has brewed.

That's what I do but I saw my housemate doing it the other way. I told him that would make his tea weak...I think he likes milky tea though.

Written By: karen on 05/04/15 at 9:53 am

That's what I do but I saw my housemate doing it the other way. I told him that would make his tea weak...I think he likes milky tea though.

If I make tea in a pot then I put the milk in first.  Adding milk to a mug of hot tea supposedly affects the flavour by scalding the milk.

Written By: Howard on 05/04/15 at 1:34 pm

Does he like sugar in it too?

Written By: Howard on 05/04/15 at 1:35 pm

If I make tea in a pot then I put the milk in first.  Adding milk to a mug of hot tea supposedly affects the flavour by scalding the milk.

I thought it cooled off the tea?

Written By: Henk on 05/05/15 at 1:21 am

I've never understood the habit of adding milk to tea. It totally spoils the taste.  :-\\

So should any of you guys ever come over and visit me you'll have to drink the real deal. No milk in this house! (No, seriously: there is no milk in this house)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/15 at 12:45 pm

I've never understood the habit of adding milk to tea. It totally spoils the taste.  :-\\

So should any of you guys ever come over and visit me you'll have to drink the real deal. No milk in this house! (No, seriously: there is no milk in this house)
The practice of having milk with tea started during the Victorian Times. Milk was poured into the cup first, so that the hot boiling water of the tea would not crack the cup.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/15 at 2:02 pm

What about sugar? ???

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/05/15 at 8:46 pm

What about sugar? ???

I've tried that before and it doesn't taste good either, unless you're talking about beet sugar. Granulated sugar doesn't go with tea.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/05/15 at 9:00 pm

I've recently become quite fond of Arnold Palmers, does that count?

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/05/15 at 10:27 pm

Is that the half tea half lemonade?

Written By: karen on 05/06/15 at 1:41 am

It would depend on the variety of tea in that case.  Some I can drink without milk, though I prefer not to.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/15 at 2:39 pm

I've tried that before and it doesn't taste good either, unless you're talking about beet sugar. Granulated sugar doesn't go with tea.

I'm referring to Sweet And Low.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/15 at 2:40 pm

Yes, that could count too.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/15 at 2:40 pm

Is that the half tea half lemonade?

Yes it is.

Written By: Bobby on 05/06/15 at 2:43 pm

I guess it depends on your taste really, Henk.

Black tea tastes too woody for me if that makes sense. I need some milk to tame it down a bit.

You have no milk, Henk? How do you eat your cornflakes?

Written By: Henk on 05/06/15 at 3:33 pm

I guess it depends on your taste really, Henk.

Black tea tastes too woody for me if that makes sense. I need some milk to tame it down a bit.

You have no milk, Henk? How do you eat your cornflakes?

Simple: I don't eat cornflakes. I was never given any as a child, and I've never felt the need to try it later in life.
I eat sliced bread for breakfast instead (mostly brown, sometimes whole grain. No fancy stuff for me!).

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/06/15 at 3:53 pm

Simple: I don't eat cornflakes. I was never given any as a child, and I've never felt the need to try it later in life.
I eat sliced bread for breakfast instead (mostly brown, sometimes whole grain. No fancy stuff for me!).

They're dry and bland. You're not missing anything.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/15 at 2:19 pm

They're dry and bland. You're not missing anything.

unless you put a dash of sugar on them.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/20/15 at 7:30 pm

Recently, I bought some citrus/orange flavor tea. I can drink it both hot or cold. At the beginning of the year I use to drink Chamomile and pomegrantate kind. It was supposed to relax me. Tastes ok.

Check for new replies or respond here...