inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Basic Supplies for my Kitchen...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/24/15 at 2:11 pm

Hey Y'all,

I want to toss out some of my old pots and pans and sort of refurbish my kitchen and get back to cooking regular meals for myself. (I've living on frozen meals for two months!)
I'd just like to know what are some basic items I should look into purchasing?
Thanks! 

** I do NOT bake, so I have no use for things like mixers/blenders.

Subject: Re: Basic Supplies for my Kitchen...

Written By: Katluver on 06/26/15 at 2:31 am

I try to only shop around coupons to save $$$, but that doesn't cover everything, especially when it comes to produce etc.

For basic inexpensive items, it all depends on your lifestyle. 
In terms of kitchen prep, I would purchase a pot with a lid, a frying pan, a flipper, a strainer, can opener, measuring cup/spoons...
For food, perhaps milk, cereal, apple sauce, bananas, bread, carrots, canned salmon, canned peas (could be frozen, but I usually have issues with those ones), one onion, one beef tomato...

Written By: Howard on 06/26/15 at 7:19 am

You could look into microwaveable items to buy for your pantry.

Written By: karen on 07/03/15 at 11:20 am

chopping boards
decent knives - small paring knife, large slicing/chopping and perhaps a longish serrated blade as a minimum, perhaps a bread knife
wooden spoons
sharp scissors
cheese grater

rice and pasta store well

I generally buy minced beef and chicken breast at least once a week.  Both are easy to make a range of dishes.

what sort of food do you like to eat?  do you have a food diet sheet from your doctor?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/15 at 11:31 am

A good place to buy a lot of these items are at yard sales.

Cat

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/03/15 at 3:07 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions! I got some new pots and pans and a couple of loaf pans--I like making string bean casseroles... :)

Check for new replies or respond here...