inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Asian Cuisine

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/09/15 at 5:13 pm

Examples of others may include Egyptian, Filipino, Russian,  or anywhere in the Middle East or West Indies.

Subject: Re: Favorite Asian Cuisine

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/09/15 at 6:52 pm

I love Chinese food. My favorite entree is Chicken and Broccoli.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/10/15 at 1:33 am

Had you asked me years ago, I'd have said Chinese, then Japanese (especially Sushi (well... California roll, anyways) and Hibachi/cook on your table)  Last year and this year, once we've decided definately that we're moving to Asia.  We started eating in places that serve Thai food.  Very yummy.  Thai is now my favorite. 

My mom's cousin married a Philipino woman, and she has made lumpia at family reunions.  Those are very good, but that is all I've ever had from that culture.

Written By: Howard on 09/10/15 at 2:56 pm

I love Chinese food. My favorite entree is Chicken and Broccoli.

I love Chinese Food too.

Written By: nally on 09/11/15 at 3:38 pm

I haven't really thought about it, although for the most part I enjoy food served at Chinese restaurants.

Written By: Howard on 09/11/15 at 4:41 pm

I did try some Indian cuisine once when I was volunteering at the hospital.

Written By: JulFor9 on 09/18/15 at 6:58 am

I have not tried any Asian Cuisine, but would love to try Hawaii Cuisine. (Only Tried Chinese )

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/15 at 7:00 am

I have not tried any Asian Cuisine, but would love to try Hawaii Cuisine. (Only Tried Chinese )
Most of Asian Cuisine can be very spicy, in my opinion, at times best to left well alone.

Written By: Howard on 09/18/15 at 7:23 am

Most of Asian Cuisine can be very spicy, in my opinion, at times best to left well alone.

I have tried Indian cuisine, it can be quite spicy.

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/19/15 at 7:19 am

I like spicy! I had Indian curry last month.

Written By: Howard on 09/19/15 at 7:46 am

I like spicy! I had Indian curry last month.

How was it?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/03/15 at 7:07 pm

I like Chinese best. I had a terrible time with Japanese at a sushi house a while back. No one bothered to tell me I was supposed to mix my wasabi into my soy sauce, and I put it on my california roll as a paste. My head opened up like a 7-11 and I cried so hard, my friend asked if she should call 911 for me.  8-P

Written By: 80sfan on 10/03/15 at 7:53 pm

Vietnamese because.....you know.  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 10/07/15 at 11:02 am

Chinese and Japanese.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/07/15 at 7:44 pm

and now you know not to mix those two together.  ;)

Actually, what she's saying is that she's *supposed* to mix those together, to dampen down the spiciness.

I, personally, don't like them mixed together, but will take a wee little tiny piece of wasabi (really just a speck) and smear it on my sushi rather then mix it with soy sauce.  Sometimes I'll get brave (or stupid) and take a bigger speck and have symptoms like Tiffeny.  But it'll clear out your sinuses for sure.  ;D

Or you just don't use the wasabi at all.  My hubby doesn't.  I love it though.  And the pickled ginger.

Written By: Ripley on 10/19/15 at 9:29 am

I like the Sweet and Sour chicken but with the sauce on the side and just the chicken in a carton alone as I don't care for much sauce.  Also some of the rice.  But anything else is sometimes I can sometimes I cant cause my stomach doesn't tolerate Asian food very well.  I haven't tried several things some I won't bother with.  I would like to try some Indian food.  I can't say I have a favorite of any of the choices though.

Check for new replies or respond here...