inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Foods That You Thought Would Be Good

Written By: Ripley on 02/02/16 at 8:15 pm

What are some foods you were really enthusiastic about trying and then when you did you were really disappointed? What was the reason? Was it okay and just not something you cared for? Was it good but not good enough? Was it absolutely disgusting? Would you ever give it another try?

Subject: Re: Foods That You Thought Would Be Good

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/02/16 at 10:22 pm

Canned Spinach.

I grew up on Popeye cartoons and he always made made canned spinach look like the best thing in the world. Pitched a fit in the store until Ma bought me a can. It was the most vile veggie I ever put in my mouth.  8-P

Written By: Howard on 02/03/16 at 4:16 pm

Canned Spinach.

I grew up on Popeye cartoons and he always made made canned spinach look like the best thing in the world. Pitched a fit in the store until Ma bought me a can. It was the most vile veggie I ever put in my mouth.  8-P

I thought creamed spinach at first was disgusting and vile but then I learned to like it afterwards.

Written By: Ripley on 02/03/16 at 8:23 pm

Canned Spinach.

Spinach is yucky!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/03/16 at 9:57 pm

Pumpkin spice Hershey's Kisses.  Waited months only to find them gross. 8-P

Written By: Joyce on 02/07/16 at 9:14 am

Coconut water.  They were giving free samples at Costco and it was the first time since I was a kid that I almost spit something out of my mouth.

I was surprised.  Most people seem to love it...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/07/16 at 11:04 am

Coconut water.  They were giving free samples at Costco and it was the first time since I was a kid that I almost spit something out of my mouth.

Coconut water is no for delicate stomachs.

Written By: Howard on 02/07/16 at 4:01 pm

I think coconut water is OK.

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/26/16 at 12:51 am

Spinach is yucky!

I like Creamed spinach when done properly. Same with livers and gizzards. I bought a papaya last year thinking it was sweet, but the inner part tasted fowl. I also though you could eat the middle of a pineapple or the outer part of Brie cheese. (Don't do it)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/26/16 at 1:24 am

I thought creamed spinach at first was disgusting and vile but then I learned to like it afterwards.

I actually like creamed spinach. I had some at the Golden Corral and I kept going back for more. And I like it raw in a salad. I think I just have a problem with ONLY plain canned spinach.  8-P

Written By: KatanaChick on 03/26/16 at 7:30 am

Starfruit was too sour and dragonfruit doesn't have much taste. I love to try out new fruit, but they can't all be winners.

Written By: Howard on 03/26/16 at 7:56 am

creamed corn is actually pretty good.

Written By: nally on 03/26/16 at 12:05 pm

I actually like creamed spinach. I had some at the Golden Corral and I kept going back for more. And I like it raw in a salad. I think I just have a problem with ONLY plain canned spinach.  8-P

I don't care to eat it creamed; I like it just fine in natural (unmodified) form. It's especially good in salads.

Canned...that's another story. :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...