inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What restaurants have you been to lately?

Written By: Dude111 on 07/20/20 at 10:47 am

I have been to a pizza place in my area that sells THICK PIZZA (Only ones that do) -- No inside seating yet... Ya gotta order and leave......

And I have also been a couple times to a chinese buffet in my area.... I get the same thing I always get at it....

1) Mac and cheese
2) Pizza
3) Sweet and sour chicken

The lunch price is pretty good.. About $9 each or so..... (Dinner is almost 20!!!)

Not worth for me to go there for dinner as I dont eat anything but those three things! (Sometimes I have white rice also)

What restaurants have you guys been to lately??

Subject: Re: What restaurants have you been to lately?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/20/20 at 11:02 am

I haven't been to a nice restaurant in almost a year. These days I order a lot of take out food. Most of the restaurants here are either closed or you can't dine inside.

Written By: nally on 07/20/20 at 4:41 pm

I have not been inside any restaurant since March, when the Covid pandemic seriously broke out. However, we have ordered take-out from some places in the past 4+ months.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/20/20 at 6:19 pm

Haven't been to a restaurant since March 17th-the day my SIL flew in-we ate at the airport just about an hour or so before the governor closed all the restaurants. We knew it would be the last time for a long time-and we were their last customers.

We have had take-out. There is a local Chinese place that we had a couple of days ago. We also get take-out from a local deli and rarely do we get take-out from a local pizza place.

I do miss going out to eat.

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 07/20/20 at 7:52 pm

I didnt go out to eat for years because I couldnt stand the blandness!! (Hardily any flavour) -- Then I started having stomach/digestive problems and I read on city-data how GMO food can make people sick so I went 100% organic.... In the last few months I have started eating SOME STUFF that didnt both me before I went organic.... Im still careful though,there are a list of things I do not want!!

Aspartame,MSG,carregeen,sucralose just to name a few.....

Anyway: I went to the chinese buffet again today :)

The pizza was hard and not that good so I just had some mac and cheese and sweet and sour chicken........ (I wanted more mac and cheese but it was gone and by the time they refilled it I wasnt hungry anymore)

We sadly didnt make the lunch price today! -- Total bill for both of us was 29 something.... (Maybe a little higher I dont remember)

Written By: Howard on 07/21/20 at 8:05 am

I have not been inside any restaurant since March, when the Covid pandemic seriously broke out. However, we have ordered take-out from some places in the past 4+ months.

Same here, haven't been to a restaurant since this pandemic started.

Written By: nally on 07/22/20 at 9:07 pm

Same here, haven't been to a restaurant since this pandemic started.

Some places are not even accepting dine-in because of that, for the safety of others.

Written By: karen on 07/23/20 at 4:44 am

I have only been in Subway to pick up lunch last weekend. They only had the option to take away.

We are planning on going to a local burger/pizza place as we can sit outside in their new garden

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/20 at 2:54 pm

Yesterday, we purchased food from McDonalds by a Drive-Thu, and we ate at home. The established was not open for customers to eat within.

Written By: karen on 07/27/20 at 4:48 am

We went to a pub in the Peak District for lunch yesterday. Hand sanitiser as you walk in, leave your contact details, full table service and in general staff were careful around keeping their distance and not touching glasses/cutlery etc.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 5:56 am

We went to a pub in the Peak District for lunch yesterday. Hand sanitiser as you walk in, leave your contact details, full table service and in general staff were careful around keeping their distance and not touching glasses/cutlery etc.
O0

Out of interest. when leaving your contact details, was the info given to a person at the door, or just fill out a sheet of paper on entry?

For I heard one restaurant had two Minnie Mouses' and a B Obama on the list?

Written By: Dude111 on 07/28/20 at 11:05 am

Yesterday I went to the Buffet again :)

No Pizza on the bar this time so I only had sweet and sour chicken and mac and cheese..... They dont ever fill the bins much!!!!! -- I can only get a little bit of mac and cheese and its gone!!!!! (Usually by the time they refill it Im not hungry anymore :()

I had a piece of BBQ Chicken also........ I didnt realise they had BBQ Chicken and BBQ ribs on the lunch buffet (I thought those were dinner items) I dont usually get them anyway,I get the same stuff I always get........

I wonder why they want peoples contact info Karen?? -- Quite strange..... I wouldnt put mine down (Not my real info),who knows what they do with it!!

Written By: karen on 07/29/20 at 9:43 am

O0

Out of interest. when leaving your contact details, was the info given to a person at the door, or just fill out a sheet of paper on entry?

It was just a sheet of paper. They also had our details as we had booked online beforehand. I don’t think you could just walk in.

I wonder why they want peoples contact info Karen?? -- Quite strange..... I wouldnt put mine down (Not my real info),who knows what they do with it!!

All restaurants and pubs are require to take your contact details now. If you test positive for Covid you are supposed to contact the restaurant and they can then tell everyone else who was there at the same time. They can also tell you if a member of staff develops symptoms. They are not allowed to pass on your details to another company anyway, but I think that writing it down on a bit of paper (just name and number) is safer than giving it them electronically

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/20 at 10:15 am

It was just a sheet of paper. They also had our details as we had booked online beforehand. I don’t think you could just walk in.

Thank you.

...and in August there will be those discounted meals.

Written By: karen on 07/29/20 at 12:22 pm

Thank you.

...and in August there will be those discounted meals.

Yes, we are looking for somewhere local for a mid-week meal soon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/20 at 12:47 pm

Yes, we are looking for somewhere local for a mid-week meal soon.
I will not be taking any advantage of it, for I am feeling different after our visit to a furniture store over the weekend.

Written By: Dude111 on 08/01/20 at 5:09 pm

On Thursday we went to the buffet again :)

I had a big plate of mac and cheese and sweet and sour chicken and Pizza (It was better this time then the last 2 times)

I also had a small BBQ RIB piece which was excellent!

We just barely made Lunch price I think.... We got there @ 2:40 and didnt get our bill until after 3!! (The price changes to dinner @ 3pm)

Written By: nally on 08/01/20 at 11:08 pm

On Thursday we went to the buffet again :)

I had a big plate of mac and cheese and sweet and sour chicken and Pizza (It was better this time then the last 2 times)

I also had a small BBQ RIB piece which was excellent!

We just barely made Lunch price I think.... We got there @ 2:40 and didnt get our bill until after 3!! (The price changes to dinner @ 3pm)

That's all very nice... However, in my neck of the woods, buffet style eateries are closing long term due to the virus concerns. Some places that offer a buffet are discontinuing it for the time being as well.

Written By: karen on 08/02/20 at 4:54 am

That's all very nice... However, in my neck of the woods, buffet style eateries are closing long term due to the virus concerns. Some places that offer a buffet are discontinuing it for the time being as well.

Yes, I don’t think I would go to a buffet at the moment. Even if you are careful with your own hygiene you don’t know what the other people are like. They would not be allowed in the U.K. at the moment anyway as everywhere has to have table service.

Check for new replies or respond here...