inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you like RC cola?

Written By: Dude111 on 07/20/20 at 7:58 pm

I used to like it alot.... Perhaps more than coke and pepsi....... I finally found some today.. Hardily any place sells it!!

Its cooling down in the fridge.... Probably wont be ready till tommorow..... (uugghh)

Il let you guys know of the flavour... (I havent had it in many years..... I hope its the same (Coke and pepsi are not and both do not taste that good now))

Subject: Re: Do you like RC cola?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/20/20 at 8:05 pm

I think I had RC Cola once when I was a kid. But I don't remember what it tasted like. Wait, it just came back to me it tasted a lot like Tab soda didn't it?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/20/20 at 8:10 pm

I didn't even know Royal Crown still existed. I had it a few times in the late 60s or so, and even then it was way past it's prime and was hardly available anywhere.

About a year or so ago I came across Tab in a store. For those who  remember, Tab was an enormously popular diet cola in the 60s, 70s and early 80s, before it was dethroned by Diet Coke (Tab was also manufactured by the Coca-Cola company). It even prominently features in a gag in the original "Back To the Future" movie. Anyway, I tried it again and it tasted awful. Nothing like what I remember.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/20/20 at 8:12 pm

I think I had RC Cola once when I was a kid. But I don't remember what it tasted like. Wait, it just came back to me it tasted a lot like Tab soda didn't it?

RC didn't taste anything like Tab. Very different indeed.  Tab was a diet drink and RC was not. I don't recall if there was ever a diet RC.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/20/20 at 8:26 pm

RC didn't taste anything like Tab. Very different indeed.  Tab was a diet drink and RC was not. I don't recall if there was ever a diet RC.

;D ;D

Well, I know I had some RC Cola when I was a kid I remember that much. Can't remember what it tasted like though. When I was growing up in New Jersey in the mid 80s, I remember people still drinking Tab Soda. 

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/20/20 at 10:45 pm

RC itself was ok but I was never much of a fan of strong colas. The company made other sodas. I liked Diet Rite. And my favorite was Kick. I got it all the time in high school. Last I saw it was 1999 or so. The last few times I saw it they had changed the formula (or at least the packaging) and said it included ginseng and guarana.

Written By: Dude111 on 07/21/20 at 6:30 pm

I tried it,it tastes like crap now...

And I started ithing like crazy.... IT HAS ACADIA GUM in it now!!! (Which all those stupid gums make me itch)

It didnt used to have that garbage in it!!!!!

I DUMPED OUT THE BOTTLE..........

VERY SAD............

Written By: violet_shy on 07/21/20 at 8:14 pm

I tried it,it tastes like crap now...

And I started ithing like crazy.... IT HAS ACADIA GUM in it now!!! (Which all those stupid gums make me itch)

It didnt used to have that garbage in it!!!!!

I DUMPED OUT THE BOTTLE..........

VERY SAD............

Oh dear  :(

Sounds like it's no longer RC Cola, and what is Acadia Gum? I've never heard of that. You should report it if it caused itchy hives.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/20 at 3:43 pm

Sounds like it's no longer RC Cola, and what is Acadia Gum? I've never heard of that. You should report it if it caused itchy hives.

When taken by mouth: Acacia is LIKELY SAFE for most adults in amounts commonly found in food. When taken by mouth in medicinal amounts, acacia is POSSIBLY SAFE. Up to 30 grams daily has been used safely for 6 weeks. However, it can cause minor adverse effects, including gas, bloating, nausea, and loose stools.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/20 at 3:54 pm

I don't like ANY cola-RC, Pepsi, Coke, Tab-all of it to me is  8-P.

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 07/28/20 at 11:09 am

The stuff from whole foods is the best cola I have found now. Thats NON GMO But the carbination is way too strong!!

They have ORANGE soda now there also (Also Non Gmo) and its the weirdest thing I ever saw.... THERE IS NO COLOUR,it looks like water........ It tastes good though (Like Orange soda) Quite strange!

I think its a thickener like Xantham Gum,that makes me itch also (along with Gellen gum) -- Its al crap that doesnt need to be there!!

Xantham gum causes other symptoms also (Flu like symptoms,etc) -- I have had them and I read up on it,,,,, WHY DO THEY PUT THIS CRAP IN OUR STUFF??

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/26/20 at 2:15 pm

We have a stevia based cola which is a natural sweetener.  I didn't like it because it was waaayyyy too sweet and it made me too sleepy.

Written By: jaminhealth on 10/30/20 at 2:18 pm

stopped all cola drinks probably 30+ yrs ago

Written By: Dude111 on 10/30/20 at 8:04 pm

You arent mi$$ing anything trust me,they all taste crappy now!

Check for new replies or respond here...