inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: White Castle

Written By: violet_shy on 10/06/20 at 4:55 pm

I was born and raised in New Jersey, so growing up we always had White Castle hamburgers. They were the best hamburgers one could ever eat! Nowadays they have them in frozen isle at the market. Just recently, I bought some and tried them. They are delicious! But still not as good as they were years ago.

Who else remembers these tasty hamburgers? And do you still eat them today? The frozen ones taste a bit processed to me.

Subject: Re: White Castle

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/06/20 at 5:05 pm

Never lived anywhere near a White Castle or visited one. I saw a show on them before and they said they were small gray super greasy burgers that so many people loved.

Kinda sounds like the burgers they switched to when I was in school. Originally we had soy burgers which I liked much better.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/06/20 at 5:14 pm

http://d1w7fb2mkkr3kw.cloudfront.net/assets/images/book/lrg/9780/7806/9780780680159.jpg

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/06/20 at 5:31 pm

Jess, she loves White Castle
They give her pleasure and never a hassle
White Castle is where her affection lies
When she's eating their burgers and fries!
Yum-O!

Written By: Howard on 10/07/20 at 3:49 pm

I was born and raised in New Jersey, so growing up we always had White Castle hamburgers. They were the best hamburgers one could ever eat! Nowadays they have them in frozen isle at the market. Just recently, I bought some and tried them. They are delicious! But still not as good as they were years ago.

Who else remembers these tasty hamburgers? And do you still eat them today? The frozen ones taste a bit processed to me.

Those hamburgers are delicious, the most I can stuff my face with are 8 burgers but after a while you definitely feel full.  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/20 at 3:51 pm

Those hamburgers are delicious,
the most I can stuff my face,
after 8 burgers fries and more,
I'm running all over the place.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/07/20 at 3:57 pm

Those hamburgers are delicious, the most I can stuff my face with are 8 burgers but after a while you definitely feel full.  :P

How many burgers did Howie eat?
Howie ate eight!
Nobody else on Earth can eat that many at once
Except Howie the Great!
:o

Written By: Howard on 10/07/20 at 4:15 pm

How many burgers did Howie eat?
Howie ate eight!
Nobody else on Earth can eat that many at once
Except Howie the Great!
:o

And How many can you eat?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/07/20 at 5:26 pm

And How many can you eat?

Two at most. You must admit that eating eight burgers at a sitting is a little unusual. Unless they are tiny sliders, and even then eight is still pushing it.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/07/20 at 5:45 pm

Two at most. You must admit that eating eight burgers at a sitting is a little unusual. Unless they are tiny sliders, and even then eight is still pushing it.

White Castle hamburgers are small. I can eat 4. It's like eating one hamburger when you put them together.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/20 at 3:59 am

White Castle hamburgers are small. I can eat 4. It's like eating one hamburger when you put them together.

White Castle hamburgers are small.
I can only eat four
It's like eating one hamburger
Then I need to eat three more.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/20 at 8:02 am

White Castle burgers may be small but they're very filling, I haven't had them in quite sometime and once in a while is a treat.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/08/20 at 8:03 am

White Castle burgers may be small but they're very filling, I haven't had them in quite sometime and once in a while is a treat.

Of COURSE they are filling if you are eating eight of them at one time!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/08/20 at 8:19 am

Of COURSE they are filling if you are eating eight of them at one time!  ;D

What do you expect? They're small even Matt Stonie could probably down more than I can.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/25/20 at 4:17 am

I will never forget the first time I had White Castle hamburgers. This was about 20 years ago and the details are a bit murky, but I was visiting a friend who lived outside Chicago at the time and we ended up there after a long night of drinking.

I didn't find the actual taste of White Castle's sliders to be particularly impressive (I thought they were decent but not great), but I was absolutely awestruck by the potency of my farts the day after I ate there. They were far and away the most putrid, foul, thermonuclear farts I'd ever emitted in my entire life. I'm talking near biblical. My farts were so bad that if there was a firearm nearby I would have shot myself right there and then.

I've been a fan ever since.

There is a similar burger chain in the Southeastern United States called Krystal whose specialty also happens to be miniature hamburgers. It seems as though they have a regional rivalry with White Castle, but to be honest I wouldn't go out of my way for either one of them.

About 3 years ago I took a road trip down to Florida and for several days on my journey I subsisted on nothing but Krystal burgers. They were OK, maybe White Castle was a little better, I don't know. But what struck me was that for some reason, Krystal's sliders seemed to lack the same ability to turn my gastrointestinal tract into a biological weapon of mass destruction that White Castle's did.

For that reason, and that reason alone, the edge goes to White Castle.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 10/26/20 at 4:05 pm

I will never forget the first time I had White Castle hamburgers. This was about 20 years ago and the details are a bit murky, but I was visiting a friend who lived outside Chicago at the time and we ended up there after a long night of drinking.

I didn't find the actual taste of White Castle's sliders to be particularly impressive (I thought they were decent but not great), but I was absolutely awestruck by the potency of my farts the day after I ate there. They were far and away the most putrid, foul, thermonuclear farts I'd ever emitted in my entire life. I'm talking near biblical. My farts were so bad that if there was a firearm nearby I would have shot myself right there and then.

I've been a fan ever since.

There is a similar burger chain in the Southeastern United States called Krystal whose specialty also happens to be miniature hamburgers. It seems as though they have a regional rivalry with White Castle, but to be honest I wouldn't go out of my way for either one of them.

About 3 years ago I took a road trip down to Florida and for several days on my journey I subsisted on nothing but Krystal burgers. They were OK, maybe White Castle was a little better, I don't know. But what struck me was that for some reason, Krystal's sliders seemed to lack the same ability to turn my gastrointestinal tract into a biological weapon of mass destruction that White Castle's did.

For that reason, and that reason alone, the edge goes to White Castle.  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D  ;D Oh gosh, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing! Lol!

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/26/20 at 5:31 pm

;D ;D  ;D Oh gosh, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing! Lol!

Me too. You can’t make this stuff up.

Check for new replies or respond here...