inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: George Foreman lean, mean grilling machine

Written By: karen on 04/21/21 at 12:15 pm

Does anyone have a George Foreman grill?

My mother in law just gave us one she had. Not sure when she last used it. My son might take it to university as he has limited cooking facilities.

I am looking for recipes if anyone has any good ones to share

Subject: Re: George Foreman lean, mean grilling machine

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/21/21 at 1:47 pm

We have an old one - it still works.  I've used it most for boneless skinless chicken breasts, boneless pork chops, burgers, and grilled sandwiches - it does well with all of these.  My top complaint is cleaning it, as the plates on ours don't come off (it is nonstick which helps).  But it's easy to use.

Written By: nally on 04/21/21 at 11:00 pm

I have one in my household!

We used to have another one...but I think we wrecked the grilling surface of it. That's what prompted us to invest in a new one...with removable grilling surfaces that can easily be washed.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/21/21 at 11:40 pm

I had the outdoor version but the cooking surface got a build up of burnt runoff that I couldn't clean off and I only had it for about a year before I got rid of it.

I'm thinking about getting a Ninja Foodi Grill instead, I've been reading lots of great things about them.  8)

Written By: karen on 04/24/21 at 11:49 am

We used it to cook burgers for dinner last night. It was really easy to use, and much quicker than grilling (broiling) them like we usually do.

I agree that cleaning the plates could get to be a pain, and it would be easy to do a half job of it.

We will definitely use it again before James takes it back to uni with him.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/02/21 at 5:39 pm

Just bought a Ninja Foodi Grill from Costco a week or so ago. Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but it is light-years better than the Foreman grill I had before.  It cooks meat just as good as a gas grill, it fits on my kitchen countertop, and when I'm done I can just take the grill plate and the pan out and run it through the dishwasher.

As an apartment dweller it's a godsend. I'm happy that I can finally grill again. The one I got cost $179 so it may seem a little pricey but it was worth every penny.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/02/21 at 10:59 pm

Just bought a Ninja Foodi Grill from Costco a week or so ago. Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but it is light-years better than the Foreman grill I had before.  It cooks meat just as good as a gas grill, it fits on my kitchen countertop, and when I'm done I can just take the grill plate and the pan out and run it through the dishwasher.

As an apartment dweller it's a godsend. I'm happy that I can finally grill again. The one I got cost $179 so it may seem a little pricey but it was worth every penny.

The endorsement is appreciated!  :)  (We might be in the market for replacing our old one sometime soon...)

Subject: Ninja Foodi Grill

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/09/21 at 2:00 am

The endorsement is appreciated!  :)  (We might be in the market for replacing our old one sometime soon...)

So I just grilled some wings on the Foodi Grill for the first time, and they were awesome.

The Ninja Foodi Grill is legit.  8)

Subject: Re: Ninja Foodi Grill

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/09/21 at 5:58 pm

They have Ninja Foodi Grills on sale at Costco for $139.99 right now.

BUY ONE! BUY ONE RIGHT NOW!!!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...