inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ice cream, you scream!!

Written By: violet_shy on 04/26/21 at 10:16 pm

What is your favorite kind of ice cream? Frozen yogurt? Sherbet?

I LOVE vanilla ice cream. I know it's boring. If you think about it though it is the best flavor ice cream because it goes with everything. My least favorite is Pistachio.

Subject: Re: Ice cream, you scream!!

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/26/21 at 10:32 pm

Mint chocolate chip

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/26/21 at 10:34 pm

When I was around 8, I'd been reading for a while but big words still tripped me up at times.  I looked in our freezer and saw a carton of ice cream containing vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.  I read the flavor name on the carton and then declared to my dad, "hey, we have Napoleon ice cream today!"  (Of course I meant Neopolitan.)  I call that combination Napoleon to this day!  Hubby thinks it's funny.    :D  ;D  :D

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/26/21 at 11:10 pm

When I was around 8, I'd been reading for a while but big words still tripped me up at times.  I looked in our freezer and saw a carton of ice cream containing vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.  I read the flavor name on the carton and then declared to my dad, "hey, we have Napoleon ice cream today!"  (Of course I meant Neopolitan.)  I call that combination Napoleon to this day!  Hubby thinks it's funny.    :D  ;D  :D

When I was little I thought if I stirred up Superman ice cream, I would get pretty swirls. I was bummed when it just made solid gray.

I used to eat the orange push ups too. Then save the plastic innards, they worked perfect as Lego wheels and axles.

Written By: nally on 04/26/21 at 11:52 pm

I LOVE vanilla ice cream. I know it's boring. If you think about it though it is the best flavor ice cream because it goes with everything. My least favorite is Pistachio.

Often times I feel a craving for it. Case in point, tonight. In fact, we ordered some from RiteAid and it got delivered tonight.

You're right, it DOES go with everything. O0 :D

Subject: Ice cream, you scream!!

Written By: Dude111 on 04/27/21 at 1:30 am

I like mostly soft ice cream -- CHOCOLATE!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMMM :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/21 at 6:24 am

Back when I was able to have ice cream, it was Vanilla.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/21 at 8:10 am

Chocolate Ice Cream is my favorite.

Written By: kr37 on 04/27/21 at 10:46 pm

I like a lot of flavors of ice cream, probably my favorite is mango soft ice cream.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/27/21 at 11:15 pm

Ice cream flavors have evolved quite a bit over the decades.  When I was little there seemed to be a lot more fruity and nutty flavors available in the stores - now there are more chocolaty and candy combos.  For instance, I grew up loving black cherry ice cream, which was easier to find then.  I also recall eating black walnut flavor ice cream (vanilla based), which is extremely rare these days.  What I find a lot of today is moose tracks, rocky road, cookie dough, candy flavors, and smores.  These weren't around when I was young.  Good, but different.

I do like black cherry ice cream when I can find it.  Plus I've always been partial to Strawberry.  Butter pecan also gets a nod, as does mint chocolate chip.  I've come to like moose tracks too.  And I do like sherbet, but I don't always prefer it over ice cream, although a good rainbow sherbet on a plain cone from an ice cream shop can be heavenly.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/21 at 7:52 am

I can remember growing up enjoying Bubble O' Bill, he was Ice Cream with a bubblegum nose, anyone remember that?
https://64.media.tumblr.com/f04f51214245584749f3ab91ab1446ac/tumblr_ohzggq86Qq1vxovuyo1_400.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/21 at 12:53 pm

I can remember growing up enjoying Bubble O' Bill, he was Ice Cream with a bubblegum nose, anyone remember that?
https://64.media.tumblr.com/f04f51214245584749f3ab91ab1446ac/tumblr_ohzggq86Qq1vxovuyo1_400.jpg
There was something similar to this in the UK back in the 1960s and 1970s, I cannot remember what it was called.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/21 at 2:26 pm

There was something similar to this in the UK back in the 1960s and 1970s, I cannot remember what it was called.

Was it similar to this ?  ???

Written By: Howard on 04/28/21 at 2:27 pm

Ice cream flavors have evolved quite a bit over the decades.  When I was little there seemed to be a lot more fruity and nutty flavors available in the stores - now there are more chocolaty and candy combos.  For instance, I grew up loving black cherry ice cream, which was easier to find then.  I also recall eating black walnut flavor ice cream (vanilla based), which is extremely rare these days.  What I find a lot of today is moose tracks, rocky road, cookie dough, candy flavors, and smores.  These weren't around when I was young.  Good, but different.

I do like black cherry ice cream when I can find it.  Plus I've always been partial to Strawberry.  Butter pecan also gets a nod, as does mint chocolate chip.  I've come to like moose tracks too.  And I do like sherbet, but I don't always prefer it over ice cream, although a good rainbow sherbet on a plain cone from an ice cream shop can be heavenly.

Is there a flavor you don't like, AG?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/21 at 2:34 pm

Whenever someone asks me what my favorite flavor of ice cream, my answer is: Yes!

Ice cream is my bane. There are very few flavors that I DON'T like. And my wonderful personal chef usually gives me a bowl of ice cream every night. At my age, I need the calcium. Yeah, that is my story and I'm sticking with it!

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/21 at 2:35 pm

Was it similar to this ?  ???
I did say similar.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/21 at 2:53 pm

Whenever someone asks me what my favorite flavor of ice cream, my answer is: Yes!

Ice cream is my bane. There are very few flavors that I DON'T like. And my wonderful personal chef usually gives me a bowl of ice cream every night. At my age, I need the calcium. Yeah, that is my story and I'm sticking with it!

Cat

I don't think I ever hated a certain flavor, but I think there are some flavors that do catch my eye.

Written By: Contigo on 04/28/21 at 4:01 pm

Pistachio , or Hazelnut

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/28/21 at 4:23 pm

Is there a flavor you don't like, AG?

Can't think of any I strongly dislike, though there are some I prefer more than others.  In general, I'm a fan of ice cream of all types.

Pistachio , or Hazelnut

Curious, do you like spumoni?  That's the flavor combo I most associate with Pistachio.  (I regard it "grown up" ice cream.)

Written By: Howard on 04/29/21 at 7:43 am

Can't think of any I strongly dislike, though there are some I prefer more than others.  In general, I'm a fan of ice cream of all types.

Curious, do you like spumoni?  That's the flavor combo I most associate with Pistachio.  (I regard it "grown up" ice cream.)

Same here, I enjoy a lot of good flavors, whenever the heat's on during the Summer, there's nothing that's refreshing than a cup or cone of your favorite ice cream.

Written By: Howard on 04/29/21 at 7:44 am

Doo you guys prefer The cup or cone?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/29/21 at 11:34 am

Cones!  :D

In an ice cream shop, 9 times out of 10 I'll order a cone.  I have cones at home a lot, too.  Hubby seems more inclined toward having his ice cream in a cup.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/29/21 at 12:02 pm

Usually a cup so I can finish it later. But I really like waffle cones. A busted up waffle cone in a cup would be ideal.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/21 at 12:17 pm

The best way to eat ice cream
With an opinion of my own,
Once purchased the frozen dessert,
And crunch it through the cone.

Written By: Howard on 04/29/21 at 1:47 pm

Cones!  :D

In an ice cream shop, 9 times out of 10 I'll order a cone.  I have cones at home a lot, too.  Hubby seems more inclined toward having his ice cream in a cup.

I like the cones too, that way at the end, you can eat it after the ice cream is gone.

Check for new replies or respond here...