inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Foods you used to like but don't like now?

Written By: kr37 on 07/04/21 at 3:35 pm

I thought it might work better to ask this question in a new topic rather than ask it in the "foods you didn't use to like but like now" topic.

We also had another topic about foods you don't like, and a few people mentioned Peeps. Those are definitely something I used to like but now I think they're too sweet. I also used to like Twizzlers but I don't like the flavor anymore. I can't think of many other foods I don't like any more, usually if I stop liking something it's because I ate too much of them, but I usually want them again after taking a break for a while.

Subject: Re: Foods you used to like but don't like now?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/04/21 at 4:37 pm

Good topic!

I can't think of many foods I hate now, but a few I like a lot less.  I was planning to assist my friends with their finicky eating preschooler by suggesting something I used to love as a kid, Spaghetti-Os.  I thought, before I suggest it I should make sure I stand by my endorsement, as I haven't had it for many years.  So I decided to try some myself.  I was completely underwhelmed.  :-\\  Needless to say I never did suggest Spaghetti-Os to my friends with the preschooler.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/04/21 at 6:47 pm

Any salad dressing, ranch is the worst. Mayo and miracle whip. Bbq sauce. Oh I used to eat ketchup on meatloaf, can’t stand it whatsoever now. Plain meatloaf is great though. Same with other things, just plain. I don’t like milk anymore either, not even on cereal. I just eat it plain from the box.

So I’d say I’m pickier than I used to be. And that’s just my preferences. When it comes to food I like but my body can’t handle anymore, there’s a ton.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/04/21 at 7:33 pm

There is no food I have never liked. I will eat ANYTHING. Even insects!

The only food I never really made a favorite of mine is pickles. But I WILL eat them. Can anyone guess what my favorite food is?

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/04/21 at 8:00 pm

There is no food I have never liked. I will eat ANYTHING. Even insects!

The only food I never really made a favorite of mine is pickles. But I WILL eat them. Can anyone guess what my favorite food is?

I think you posted it once but I don’t remember. Ice cream perhaps?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/04/21 at 8:26 pm

I think you posted it once but I don’t remember. Ice cream perhaps?

It's beets.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/21 at 5:30 am

With certain dietary reasons, which I am not going into details, for me it is the case of foods I cannot have any more.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/21 at 8:04 am

TV Dinners, with the very high sodium content I won't eat them anymore.

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/05/21 at 12:26 pm

I used to like chicken livers until I nearly choked to death on one. And I won't eat mac and cheese that often because of my health.

Written By: Contigo on 07/05/21 at 12:32 pm

TV Dinners, with the very high sodium content I won't eat them anymore.

Stay away from them. Read labels of foods when you shop. Any processed foods high in sodium (more than 15-20%) is bad for you. Salt and sugar are the two of the worst things you can eat.

Written By: nally on 08/28/21 at 10:51 pm

We also had another topic about foods you don't like, and a few people mentioned Peeps. Those are definitely something I used to like but now I think they're too sweet. I also used to like Twizzlers but I don't like the flavor anymore.

I can relate, especially with candies such as these. I liked them when I was a kid, but later on realised they were too sweet and/or contained other ingredients that may be not-so-healthy.

I can't think of many other foods I don't like any more, usually if I stop liking something it's because I ate too much of them, but I usually want them again after taking a break for a while.

I feel similarly.

Written By: nally on 08/28/21 at 10:52 pm

Stay away from them. Read labels of foods when you shop. Any processed foods high in sodium (more than 15-20%) is bad for you. Salt and sugar are the two of the worst things you can eat.

...which is why I have been trying to stay away from high-sodium content as of late.

Written By: kr37 on 08/29/21 at 4:54 pm

Definitely plain marshmallows are a candy I used to like a lot, but now I think they're too sweet and not very flavorful.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/21 at 4:49 am

Definitely plain marshmallows are a candy I used to like a lot, but now I think they're too sweet and not very flavorful.

marshmallows are just puffed up air.

Written By: nally on 08/30/21 at 11:55 pm

I'll still eat them, on occasion.

marshmallows are just puffed up air.

that's about right.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/05/21 at 12:52 pm

I used to love cottage cheese when I was a kid but now I think it's gross for some reason.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/05/21 at 1:37 pm

I used to love cottage cheese when I was a kid but now I think it's gross for some reason.  ;D

I love cottage cheese but only once in a while.

Written By: nally on 03/13/22 at 8:49 pm

I love cottage cheese but only once in a while.

I rarely even eat it myself. There is a quiche recipe we usually make, which calls for cottage cheese. And when we make it, that’s the only occasion I’ll eat any.

Written By: nally on 11/05/22 at 10:47 pm

The only food I never really made a favorite of mine is pickles. But I WILL eat them.

Over time, I have been reluctant to eat pickles for the most part. Unless they're made a certain way. And there is a local sandwich shop (about 10 miles or so from our house, as the crow flies) that makes really good pickles. I'll eat those.

Written By: Ripley on 11/19/22 at 4:18 pm

Sourkraut. It’s not bad but the smell is what gets me.

Written By: nally on 12/26/22 at 3:10 pm

Sourkraut. It’s not bad but the smell is what gets me.

Yeah; smells sometimes turn me off to certain foods, but when I taste them it isn’t so bad.

Check for new replies or respond here...