inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for name of a vintage candy

Written By: TRCB on 11/06/22 at 9:49 pm

Hi,

I'm in my 60's and I remember my grandmother having this candy in her end table drawer.  I think it the package may have had a cellophane cutout of a tulip (or maybe that was a different candy) and the candies were tiny, tiny, smaller than a mini chocolate chip and they were shiny purple, pink and green and had a taste similar to lavender.  They may have said something about France on the package but I may also be dreaming all of this as I was very young, like 6 -9 years old.  Anyone think of what these may be?

Thanks.

Subject: Re: Looking for name of a vintage candy

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/07/22 at 11:44 am

Hi,

I'm in my 60's and I remember my grandmother having this candy in her end table drawer.  I think it the package may have had a cellophane cutout of a tulip (or maybe that was a different candy) and the candies were tiny, tiny, smaller than a mini chocolate chip and they were shiny purple, pink and green and had a taste similar to lavender.  They may have said something about France on the package but I may also be dreaming all of this as I was very young, like 6 -9 years old.  Anyone think of what these may be?

Thanks.

Hi TRCB, welcome to inthe00s!

That candy doesn't sound familiar to me (I'm around your age).  What country/region did you live in at the time?

Written By: Contigo on 11/07/22 at 1:09 pm

I'm also around your age and it doesnt ring a bell.
The only very tiny candy I can remember is those gold nugget bubble gum. Was it about that size?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/07/22 at 3:44 pm

I am of similar age too, and candy does not sound familiar to me.

Which country were or are you based in?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/07/22 at 4:34 pm

I'm also around your age and it doesnt ring a bell.
The only very tiny candy I can remember is those gold nugget bubble gum. Was it about that size?

I had forgot all about that! It came in a little sack with a drawstring. It really was tiny, you had to shove a ton of it in your mouth to really even get anything.  ;D :D

Written By: TRCB on 11/07/22 at 7:04 pm

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA.  Thanks anyway.

Written By: Mitch Kramer on 11/08/22 at 7:43 am

Hi,

Thanks.

Were the candies star shaped?  Not French, but there's a type of Japanese candy called konpeito (confeit in Portuguese).

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71uPFyhLZML.jpg

Written By: TRCB on 11/08/22 at 4:43 pm

No, not star shaped but those look good!

Check for new replies or respond here...