inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Alien Abductions
Written By: KKay on 01/12/07 at 4:28 pm

I guess this topic fits in here.  Now, although I don't really believe in all this stuff, I could not come up with a single explaination for this experience- and, I've been frightened ever since.

Once I was in my apartment reading in bed. I fell asleep, but I remember that when my eyes were closed I saw bright white rather than black.  When I woke up I was very tired and achy and I was laying down, on top of the covers, horizontally across the bed, not head to toe.  My arms were straight down at my sides, like I'd been put down there carefully and the blankets were undisturbed.
I was very scared and still am not sure what happened...I do not ever sleep with my hands or feet off the sides or ends of the bed, and never open my eyes in the dark without turning on the lights.

Any good stories out there?
Subject: Re: Alien Abductions
Written By: lorac61469 on 01/12/07 at 5:55 pm

WOW!!  :o

That had to be pretty creepy.

I've never had an experience, not one that I can remember.  :-\\

When you were reading, were you under the covers or on top? 

Have you ever been known to sleep walk?  I guess not, since you said you could not come up with an explaination. 
Written By: La Roche on 01/12/07 at 6:09 pm

Once I was in my apartment reading in bed. I fell asleep, but I remember that when my eyes were closed I saw bright white rather than black.  When I woke up I was very tired and achy and I was laying down, on top of the covers, horizontally across the bed, not head to toe.  My arms were straight down at my sides, like I'd been put down there carefully and the blankets were undisturbed.
I was very scared and still am not sure what happened...I do not ever sleep with my hands or feet off the sides or ends of the bed, and never open my eyes in the dark without turning on the lights.

.. :-[ Sorry. I probably should have left a note.
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/12/07 at 8:38 pm

wow, that is really creepy. There are so many unexplainable things out there. :o
Written By: KKay on 01/12/07 at 8:42 pm

WOW!!  :o

That had to be pretty creepy.

I've never had an experience, not one that I can remember.  :-\\

When you were reading, were you under the covers or on top? 

Have you ever been known to sleep walk?  I guess not, since you said you could not come up with an explaination. 

OH! I began under the covers.
I was soooo frightened.
So I figure it was sleepwalking, though I have never done that kind of thing before or since.
I have, however experienced the white light thing. it frightens me, but ...I know inside that it's nothing.
I just can't get the concept out of my head.
Written By: lorac61469 on 01/12/07 at 10:57 pm

OH! I began under the covers.
I was soooo frightened.
So I figure it was sleepwalking, though I have never done that kind of thing before or since.
I have, however experienced the white light thing. it frightens me, but ...I know inside that it's nothing.
I just can't get the concept out of my head.

That makes it ever creepier.  I got chills when I read that.  I would freak out if that happened to me, especially if I started out under the covers.

Did you find any unexplainable marks or scars on your body?  I know from reading about abductions, people have found marks that they can not recall what it came from. 

How often do you experience the white light?

Sorry for asking all these questions...I'm just really fascinated by these type of experiences.
Written By: KKay on 01/12/07 at 11:04 pm

That makes it ever creepier.  I got chills when I read that.  I would freak out if that happened to me, especially if I started out under the covers.

Did you find any unexplainable marks or scars on your body?  I know from reading about abductions, people have found marks that they can not recall what it came from. 

How often do you experience the white light?

Sorry for asking all these questions...I'm just really fascinated by these type of experiences.

I"M intrigued as well. I certainly do not believe in any such thing, but ,,yeah, I like to read about it then I get creeped out when I think of how similar this was to stories I"ve read. 
I get the light quite often...just before i fall asleep. I figured it's one of thos things that happens  now and again to some people..but nothing else ever happend that weird again.
Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/16/07 at 3:56 pm

How long ago was this? 

It definitely freaked me out!

I have a friend with a similar story, except it was her and her brother together.  She doesn't like to talk about it, so I don't know the details, but she has a really strange symbol tatooed on her leg that she says was part of it.  (She had it done after.)
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/07 at 7:33 pm

How long ago was this? 

It definitely freaked me out!

I have a friend with a similar story, except it was her and her brother together.  She doesn't like to talk about it, so I don't know the details, but she has a really strange symbol tatooed on her leg that she says was part of it.  (She had it done after.)

OMG...that is beyond freaky!! :o
Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/17/07 at 11:52 am

OMG...that is beyond freaky!! :o

Yeah, I wish she'd tell the story - I'd love to hear what happened.  Strangely enough, she is a rocket scientist.  I'm not even kidding.  I met her at a dinner party, and we were just chatting, getting know each other, and I was asking her what she was did.  She rattled off some long scientific title, and I said "so, you're a rocket scientist?" and she said "well...yeah."  Just an interesting tidbit...
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/17/07 at 11:30 pm

Yeah, I wish she'd tell the story - I'd love to hear what happened.  Strangely enough, she is a rocket scientist.  I'm not even kidding.  I met her at a dinner party, and we were just chatting, getting know each other, and I was asking her what she was did.  She rattled off some long scientific title, and I said "so, you're a rocket scientist?" and she said "well...yeah."  Just an interesting tidbit...

that's really something!  Her story would definitely be interesting to hear!! ;)
Written By: KKay on 01/17/07 at 11:47 pm

I think we have heard the stories so much that you could recreate it in your head and dream it or even sleepwalk and create evidence.
Despite my belief, I'm creeped out by it.