inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Fun while it lasted
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/29/07 at 5:39 pm

Well guys...I just got notice that the haunted boards are now going to come to a close due to not enough activity. It was fun while it lasted.  I hope some of us who are into this kind of stuff can discuss this kind of thing elsewhere! :)
Subject: Re: Fun while it lasted
Written By: lorac61469 on 01/29/07 at 6:31 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(
Written By: spaceace on 01/29/07 at 6:46 pm

You know it's going to haunt us.
Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/29/07 at 7:37 pm

Not necessarily so. If traffic picks up, it will remain. So come on everyone, start posting.

Cat
Written By: Tia on 01/29/07 at 10:35 pm

do ufos count as ghosts?
Written By: Tia on 01/29/07 at 10:39 pm

reason i asked: i had the idea knocking around in the back of my head of maybe making the paranormal thing a child board in the more than a decade board, the same way politics is a subboard in 2000s. and maybe folding it in conceptually with some other things -- like ufos, conspiracy theories, unexplained mysteries, new age, cultural mysticism.... all things i personally dig and i think they'd fit pretty well under the more-than-a-decade rubric.

more than a decade seems to be having legs to me, it's general enough that it gets traffic without my even having to fuss over it too much. (i dunno, chucky might disagree but to me it seems to be working out....) the ghost subboard could fold up into it and if it had dead periods cuz it's more of a specialty subject it wouldn't necessarily be so visible to the folks chucky's worried about, who might visit and see a low-traffic subboard and think the board is dead and not hang around on it. from what i've seen it's my understanding that's why he tries to keep up with low-traffic subboards...

plus i LOVE conspiracy theories.

anyway, i dunno, whachall think?
Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/30/07 at 10:52 am

reason i asked: i had the idea knocking around in the back of my head of maybe making the paranormal thing a child board in the more than a decade board, the same way politics is a subboard in 2000s. and maybe folding it in conceptually with some other things -- like ufos, conspiracy theories, unexplained mysteries, new age, cultural mysticism.... all things i personally dig and i think they'd fit pretty well under the more-than-a-decade rubric.

more than a decade seems to be having legs to me, it's general enough that it gets traffic without my even having to fuss over it too much. (i dunno, chucky might disagree but to me it seems to be working out....) the ghost subboard could fold up into it and if it had dead periods cuz it's more of a specialty subject it wouldn't necessarily be so visible to the folks chucky's worried about, who might visit and see a low-traffic subboard and think the board is dead and not hang around on it. from what i've seen it's my understanding that's why he tries to keep up with low-traffic subboards...

I think it's a great idea, and I love you for wanting to save haunted things!  There was actually UFO threads and other paranormal threads in the haunted places, so it's a great fit!
Written By: Tia on 01/30/07 at 10:56 am

cool. i PMed chucky w/ the suggestion, we'll see if he goes for it.

i even put on a tie!
Written By: ChuckyG on 01/30/07 at 11:25 am

I don't want to start making a lot of sub-boards, I think it'll get even less traffic if we do that.

I like the idea of just opening it up further to a wider set of topics.  Quirk pointed out to me, that originally it was going to be more about exploring urban places that are abandoned, not so much the paranormal aspect.    I think those topics are probably best seperated out, because it seems a bit muddy as to what the board is for. 

The OnlyOnFilm board could probably be retitled and expanded to cover the exploration of derelict places, or old tacky roadside stops, etc.  I haven't worked on OnlyOnFilm in ages, and it's still not even working right after the server move.  Not sure I have any interest in working further on that site at the moment to be honest, my game plan for the next six months is to add some new sections to amIright, and then give inthe70s/80s/90s a total ground up overhaul (and finish the amIright book somewhere in there too!).  I'm in the process of doing the amIright stuff now, hope to be done by the end of the week.  So I'm just trying to finish tying up loose ends with amIwrong and this site, so once I start on the new decade stuff, I can be focused 100% on it, and only get interrupted for emergency stuff.

So what we could do... is retitle the Haunted Places board into something dealing with the paranormal, and increase the scope of the "Places That No Longer Exist" board
Written By: gemini on 01/30/07 at 11:39 am

I always liked the defunct places, quirky roadside stuff etc. aspect of the board.  Though I'm not here as much anymore, I always like to check out the pictures that were posted or what people had to say about it, so I hope it can get a reincarnation somewhere on the board.
Written By: Dominic L. on 01/30/07 at 6:50 pm

Quick! Everybody make a new topic so this can be continued!
Written By: Dominic L. on 01/30/07 at 6:51 pm

Quick! Everybody make a new topic so this can be continued!

Well... I tried... =( I couldn't think of anything.
Written By: whistledog on 01/30/07 at 9:33 pm

Well... I tried... =( I couldn't think of anything.

Damnit Meat!, think of something >:(

;)
Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/31/07 at 1:42 am

That's too bad, I really liked this board.  :\'(
Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/07 at 3:36 pm

I retitled this board and the only on film board.  Tia is moderator on both, MidKnightDarkness I have to ask what she wants to do exactly.

This board is strictly for paranormal stuff.  Exploring abandoned urban areas, retro roadside attractions, etc. is now on the newly retiitled "Only On Film" board (now called "Places That Are Going, Going, Gone..."

If Tia can't move topics off this board that belong on the other one, I'll take care of it later.
Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/31/07 at 4:33 pm

I retitled this board and the only on film board.  Tia is moderator on both, MidKnightDarkness I have to ask what she wants to do exactly.

This board is strictly for paranormal stuff.  Exploring abandoned urban areas, retro roadside attractions, etc. is now on the newly retiitled "Only On Film" board (now called "Places That Are Going, Going, Gone..."

If Tia can't move topics off this board that belong on the other one, I'll take care of it later.

Thanks, Chucky-and applause.

Cat
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/07 at 11:34 pm

thanks Chucky...am I still considered a moderator of the paranormal one, as well?  BTW, there are several threads within this section that need moved to the "Going, going, gone" section....they all deal with defunct places/roadside attractions/etc.
Written By: ChuckyG on 02/01/07 at 9:53 am

thanks Chucky...am I still considered a moderator of the paranormal one, as well?  BTW, there are several threads within this section that need moved to the "Going, going, gone" section....they all deal with defunct places/roadside attractions/etc.

you're moderator in both at the moment.  it's up to you if you want to be or not.

if you can't move them, send me the urls and I will take care of it.
Written By: Tia on 02/01/07 at 10:41 am

i'll go take care of that. i think i'm hearing i'm one of the moderators also.
Written By: Tia on 02/01/07 at 10:44 am

wait. no i'm not. never mind.
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/07 at 12:38 pm

you're moderator in both at the moment.  it's up to you if you want to be or not.

if you can't move them, send me the urls and I will take care of it.

ya, it would be cool to remain moderators of both.  I will send those URLs to you.
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/07 at 12:48 pm

Actually, I figured out how to move them all...so you don't have to worry about it.  :) ;)
Written By: ChuckyG on 02/01/07 at 4:46 pm

Actually, I figured out how to move them all...so you don't have to worry about it.  :) ;)

cool, I had hoped you would, I'm too lazy to do it anyways