inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Eerie feelings
Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/30/07 at 10:24 pm

I don't know if this was discussed elsewhere, I'm not even sure how to describe it, but has anyone else gone somewhere and just gotten this eerie feeling like someone died there or something terrible happened there?

I've gotten that feeling a couple times, the once was when we visited a friend of my husband's.  We were sitting in their living room (it was an old Victorian style house) and I just couldn't shake that feeling like something bad happened there.

The other times, unfortunately, is when I used to live at home with my parents.  I'd have the HARDEST time falling asleep in my bedroom.  I always felt uneasy there.  Eventually my mom told me that one of the previous owners of the house had killed themselves right outside my window (my bedroom was on the ground floor). 

Anybody have any stories of being someplace that they got a bad vibe about?
Subject: Re: Eerie feelings
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/30/07 at 10:52 pm

Yes, as a matter of fact I do have a story. About 13 years ago (when I was still living at home)....my family moved to another house that was several towns over from where we used to live. There was this one back road that you could drive on to get from one town to another, and everytime I drove down that road, I got the eeriest feeling ever. I knew deep down inside that someone had died on that road. About a year later, I was talking to my sister Brandy and her friend Tiffany....and Tiffany was mentioning about a murder that took place not far from my parent's house....and yep, you guessed it...it happened in a motorcycle shop on that very road...man, did I get chills!! :o
Written By: Gis on 01/31/07 at 3:59 am

I have done it all my life, apparently it is a throw back to caveman days when your survival instinct kicks in.

Some places I can't even go into because they creep me out so much or I'll have to go a completely different route to somewhere because i don't want to walk down a particular street or something. I can remember when I was a little kid and my Nan phoned to say my Grandad had died. The phone rang and my Dad answered and I just turned to my brother and said 'Grandad is dead'. I've know when all our cats were about to die, I've come to the conclusion it's why I almost can't bear to go into hospitals and nursing homes it's the sense of illness and death.
Written By: spaceace on 01/31/07 at 6:52 pm

My uncle was a police officer in Washington D.C., he and I were very close.  On the day he was gunned down by a drug dealer I had this really weird stiff neck.  This happened within minutes of a bullet hitting him in the neck.
Written By: lorac61469 on 01/31/07 at 6:59 pm

This isn't about a place but a person...

This is gonna sound awful but I get a weird feeling when I see the priest at my church.  I guess he's a nice guy, but there is just something about him that bothers me.  I can't put my finger on it, I've never seen him do anything or say anything that I would consider strange.  He's never acted in an inappropriate manner towards me or anyone I know, actually I've never really talked to him, other than to say goodbye after church.  I was extremely happy when I found out he was going to be out-of-town on the day of my son's Christening.

I hope I don't see anything on the news about him.  :D
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/07 at 11:44 pm

This isn't about a place but a person...

This is gonna sound awful but I get a weird feeling when I see the priest at my church.  I guess he's a nice guy, but there is just something about him that bothers me.  I can't put my finger on it, I've never seen him do anything or say anything that I would consider strange.  He's never acted in an inappropriate manner towards me or anyone I know, actually I've never really talked to him, other than to say goodbye after church.  I was extremely happy when I found out he was going to be out-of-town on the day of my son's Christening.

I hope I don't see anything on the news about him.   :D

I know what you mean about getting "those" kinds of feelings about people...I have that all the time. Infact, Chris can't tell me a lie, because I always know when he's fibbing.....and I call him out on it.
Written By: Gis on 02/03/07 at 1:01 pm

I know what you mean about getting "those" kinds of feelings about people...I have that all the time. Infact, Chris can't tell me a lie, because I always know when he's fibbing.....and I call him out on it.
I get that feeling about my new boss sadly (as I have to work with him!) It's so strong I just want to  back out of the room or away from him and have to force myself to stand there. *shudder*
Written By: La Roche on 02/03/07 at 1:57 pm

Near where my old man lives there is a wooded area. Not that big, but big enough to get lost in.

Now, it's a very easy shortcut as it can cut out the 20 minutes it would take to go around it.
I always felt very uncomfortable walking through there... turns out back in the 60's two people were killed there.
Written By: RetroSunnyDays on 03/16/07 at 5:16 am

There is a mansion type massive house in front of my grans bungalow, lol, not a mansion but its large to me..
Its where my mum and her sisters and brothers grew up really, where there grans and grandpas lived etc.
Anyway, its now "Trees Nursery" a nursery for kids..
But years back when it was turning into the nursery, I got to go in there for the first time and the only time.
I felt very uneasy in there...it was strange...but boy is that big ol' place haunted!
There was always stories from my uncles and mum etc. about the place when they were young. It very old. And theres a certain room where doors close and candles blow out...haha...and guess what... ::) thats the room where they put the real young babies in to cots for nap time!  :P
They don't know obviously.
And the big garden which I sometimes sneak into after dark when the workers have gone home and I am staying round my grans, is just as creepy, its got sphinx statues and a creepy pond, where apparently a cat was drowned  :-\\
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/16/07 at 10:05 am

There is a mansion type massive house in front of my grans bungalow, lol, not a mansion but its large to me..
Its where my mum and her sisters and brothers grew up really, where there grans and grandpas lived etc.
Anyway, its now "Trees Nursery" a nursery for kids..
But years back when it was turning into the nursery, I got to go in there for the first time and the only time.
I felt very uneasy in there...it was strange...but boy is that big ol' place haunted!
There was always stories from my uncles and mum etc. about the place when they were young. It very old. And theres a certain room where doors close and candles blow out...haha...and guess what... ::) thats the room where they put the real young babies in to cots for nap time!  :P
They don't know obviously.
And the big garden which I sometimes sneak into after dark when the workers have gone home and I am staying round my grans, is just as creepy, its got sphinx statues and a creepy pond, where apparently a cat was drowned  :-\\

sounds great...do you have any pics of it that you could post?
Written By: RetroSunnyDays on 03/16/07 at 3:18 pm

No, no, but I love photography and I promise when I next go to my grans, I shall take zeeeeee good old camera and take many shots and post the best up, ok?
Thats a pinky promise there..
Written By: RetroSunnyDays on 03/16/07 at 3:19 pm

p.s I will try to get into the big garden..if its a weekend, they don't work, so I can sneak into the garden and snap away hehe.
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/17/07 at 12:28 am

No, no, but I love photography and I promise when I next go to my grans, I shall take zeeeeee good old camera and take many shots and post the best up, ok?
Thats a pinky promise there..

marvelous! I can't wait to see them! :)