inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Strange things that have happened to you ...
Written By: whistledog on 02/01/07 at 1:48 am

I just now had one ... So I am sitting here at my computer typing when suddenly I feel pain on my right shin.  I look down and there on my leg is a big scrape and blood is coming out.  I've been sitting here, still, for the last like hour or so, and I never bumped my leg on anything.  Cuts and scrapes don't just appear like that .. or do they? :o

What are some strange things that have happened to you?
Subject: Re: Strange things that have happened to you ...
Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/01/07 at 12:19 pm

Well this morning while I was getting ready for work I was singing "I'm not always there when you call, but I'm always on time" (I can't remember the name of the song.)  When I started my car, the song was playing on the radio.  That actually happens to me a lot.  That's about as weird as it gets.

btw, that's insane about your leg, Jason!  Maybe a Chupacabra bit you.
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/07 at 1:54 pm

Yes...when we lived in our old house (which I thought was haunted since the day we moved in there) I had something very strange happen to me. I was sleeping and when I woke up, I noticed on my arm that there were two distinctively different handprints (like someone grabbed my arm)....one was small like a child, and the other looked like the size of a woman's hand.....neither could have been Vaughn or Chris (vaughn was in a crib at the time in his room, and Chris was on the opposite side of me, plus he has larger hands)...and it couldn't have been my own handprint because I couldn't turn my hand that way in order to make the angle of the prints....and yes, there were two very different handprints on me...that was SOOOO odd. :o
Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/04/07 at 5:48 pm

When I was about 12 or 13, we had 2 dogs that we used to take to the beach all the time (they LOVED it and we lived only 10 blocks away). One of the dogs took off and we thought we lost him. (We found him about 3 miles down the road but that is another story). Anyway, throughout that ordeal, he managed to lose his collar. I was at the beach and thought that I would try to find it-knowing that I was basically looking for a needle in a haystack. I was out on a rock pier looking around when I noticed that some guy who I have never seen before was coming out on the rock pier. I started to get a bit nervous because he was blocking my way back to beach. I decided to play it cool like this guy didn't bother we and started walking back. When we met on the pier, he said to me, "Is this what you are looking for?" and he held out his hand that had the dog collar.  :o :o :o  I was flabbergasted. I could have been looking for anything-rocks, shells, etc. (Cue Twilight Zone theme)

Cat
Written By: Tia on 02/04/07 at 7:16 pm

once i took the wrong acid. i should mention i haven't touched that stuff in 20 years but back in high school i had a few misadventures with it and if you read on you'll see why i laid off that stuff.

did i tell this story already?

so it was called "pinstripe," right? we all take it and then, pretty much like ten minutes afterward some friend of ours comes over and says, hey, man? you didn't take that pinstripe, right? cuz it's cut, this kid in wheaton just landed himself in the hospital on that stuff. we were like, whatever, we took it already, i'm sure he was just a p ssy. we'll be fine.

okay, so i had this friend who was like, notorious for being the trip freak. he LOVED lsd but he would get zany! his eyes would get HUGE AND RED and he'd cackle like a fiend incessantly. right? so we'd stolen the plastic eyes off of a big metal bug in a playground some time before and he gets these plastic eyes, the size i guess of volleyballs, he's twirling them in his lap and being all redeyed and cackling and these plastic eyes are twirling in his lap, actually creating this effect...

:D

and that's what i was looking at when it kicked in. then we all lost our minds and i don't really remember much for a while, i was hanging with my bro kent butler, and we ended up wandering off cuz we were like, freaking. and when you freak out, you just start moving, i guess. we walk all the way back to my neighborhood (kent lived like a block away from me) and the whole time, okay, a bunch of other stuff happened including what i talked to a doctor later and we decided was probably a petit mal seizure on my part, and the whole time i'm not really tripping so much as being raked over coals in the sixth circle of hell. complete psychosis. and meanwhile i'm thinking, in the back of my mind, i was supposed to be home HOURS ago. which was true. my parents had told me to get home by ten but there was no way they could see me in that condition and it was like two in the morning by the time we got to my street. anyone who knows my mom, she did NOT play with being late. she'd stay up, drive around, call everybody, call the cops, call the hospitals, whatever. she would put some elbow grease into that sheesh,

so.

we turn the corner and my block is. completely. illuminated. there are at least literally a dozen cop cars. there's a searchlight. there's a cherrypicker fire truck combing the trees -- i guess they thought i might have been hiding in a tree? -- there's cops and detectives pacing up and down the sidewalk on both sides of the street. i didn't think to check and see if there was a helicopter but there was somebody with a metal detector, i swear to christ, waving it over our neighbor's yard. and in the middle of all this my mom and dad are walking with a gaggle of plain-clothes detectives, looking all terrified and fretful. i'm like, holy. mother. of. god. they unleashed the entire law enforcement and emergency response apparatus of the entire northeast quadrant of the united states after me! what the holy hell?!?

i grab kent, i was just, dude, we gotta RUN! RUN! he was like, yeah, i see what you mean! we turn around and fudging HIGHTAIL it in the other direction. run for like two blocks. i'm freakin'. FREAKIN'. kent's freakin' too. finally we get to a point we decide maybe we can slow down fom the all-on sprint, so we stop. i grab kent, i'm like, "jesus christ man! did you see that? did you see that?"

and he says, "yeah, i saw 'em!" and he bends over, and says to me, real quiet like, all conspiratorially, looking this way and that to make sure no one can hear him: "gremlins."

i'm like, wait. what? we go back to the street and nothing's going on. it's totally quiet. it was all a hallucination, it's just we each had had a different one.

that was POWERFUL stuff man. :o
Written By: wildcard on 02/14/07 at 10:38 pm

I don't remember how long ago this was.  I was awake, but it was like I was dreaming.  I was in this blackish box and there was a voice telling me to commit suiside.  It took a long time for me to tell the voice to go away and the image to clear up.  I do think things exist.  The question is what are they?
Written By: Gis on 02/17/07 at 5:13 pm

One weird thing I do remember was a friend and I were standing in the foyer of a pub and she was reading out a story about a local girl who had been sexually assulted and we both heard this harsh male voice say 'she deserved it'  we spun round but there was noone to be seen, we checked everywhere, it was very unnerving.
Written By: Tia on 02/17/07 at 5:13 pm

that's totally messed up.
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/20/07 at 12:26 am

One weird thing I do remember was a friend and I were standing in the foyer of a pub and she was reading out a story about a local girl who had been sexually assulted and we both heard this harsh male voice say 'she deserved it'  we spun round but there was noone to be seen, we checked everywhere, it was very unnerving.

OMG...that is freaky :o
Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/20/07 at 11:34 am

This thread is giving me the chills! 
Written By: chiefyamick on 03/05/07 at 12:04 am

About 7 years ago a friend of mine was house/cat sitting for a close friend of hers. She had been spooked by a couple of things that she saw and asked if I would go along with her the next day. No Problem. We go to her friend's condo where the cat (whom I have never met and who also has a rep of being a real @$$ around strangers) comes flying out of the bedroom over by me and immediately rolls on his back for a belly rub. I don't think much of it because I seem to have that affect on animals but my friend is freaking out. Then we go into the kitchen to get out the cat food. She points out exactly what she saw yesterday because it's happening again- the paper toweling is swaying back and forth as though there was a fan on it. Problem is the air duct is nowhere near the paper toweling and the air conditioning isn't even running at that point. The cat had become bored with me and gone back into the bedroom so it wasn't him either.  The weirdest part happened when we were leaving. We jump into my car, turn it on, and the radio starts blaring- I didn't have the radio on when we were on the way there because we were talking. Also, the windshield wipers start going nuts- now mind you all it was the middle of August, not a cloud in the sky.....and the switch for my wipers was OFF....

This condo was built fairly recently in a rural part of Wisconsin, we're wondering if it's not on top of some Indian burial ground that nobody knew about.
Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/12/07 at 10:39 am

About 7 years ago a friend of mine was house/cat sitting for a close friend of hers. She had been spooked by a couple of things that she saw and asked if I would go along with her the next day. No Problem. We go to her friend's condo where the cat (whom I have never met and who also has a rep of being a real @$$ around strangers) comes flying out of the bedroom over by me and immediately rolls on his back for a belly rub. I don't think much of it because I seem to have that affect on animals but my friend is freaking out. Then we go into the kitchen to get out the cat food. She points out exactly what she saw yesterday because it's happening again- the paper toweling is swaying back and forth as though there was a fan on it. Problem is the air duct is nowhere near the paper toweling and the air conditioning isn't even running at that point. The cat had become bored with me and gone back into the bedroom so it wasn't him either.  The weirdest part happened when we were leaving. We jump into my car, turn it on, and the radio starts blaring- I didn't have the radio on when we were on the way there because we were talking. Also, the windshield wipers start going nuts- now mind you all it was the middle of August, not a cloud in the sky.....and the switch for my wipers was OFF....

This condo was built fairly recently in a rural part of Wisconsin, we're wondering if it's not on top of some Indian burial ground that nobody knew about.

Man, that's totally freaky!
Written By: RetroSunnyDays on 03/16/07 at 5:01 am

Tia, your story, rocks! Made me lol, the ending of it was brilliant..and its true, right?
Bonus!

Anyway, many weird and strange things have happened to me..I'm that kinda person that has alot of weird things going on, and I have alot of bad luck..
Anyway, errrmm..dunno...can't think, theres alot..
How about, last night, I had one of those dreams you think are really happening and then you wake up and are like "Holy...beeeeep, so glad that weren't real" but at the same time you wish something like that did happen for once...
So I dream that I'm on a bus with my friend, and theres some other people...I can only make out some people I know of from my school...
Anyyyway, so the busdriver goes crazy, I dunno, something goes wrong and the bus careers of into oncoming cars and stuff, and I'm like jeeeeeze..and the bus starts to turn on its side and I like jump and push myself away from the window and make sure I don't get hit against the ground or hit my head.
The bus hit the ground and everything was like smashing, people being thrown around and the windows blew out like from the pressure I guess..and I like crawled out of the smashed window and I think my friend did, but as dreams are so strange, he disappeared after we got out of the bus..
So anyway, firemen come and whatnot etc. etc. and I learn that the few school people I knew that were on the bus died in the crash..

OMG

I awake.

I'm like "OMG, jeeze, lol, phew"

Heart races. I look around trying to focus and am abit confused as ya are..

"Wow, glad that weren't real.."

I look at my leg and theres these red finger prints...like a handprint on my thigh..like proper solid colour, not faded at all..
I thought I'd say that, as its the most recent strange thing..but it isn't all that strange..probably just my handprint on my leg when I was dreaming  ;D
Written By: Tia on 03/22/07 at 9:18 pm

Tia, your story, rocks! Made me lol, the ending of it was brilliant..and its true, right?
thanks man! yeah, it really happened. or i suppose i should say, we really did hallucinate that. it really, um, didn't happen but in a real way. or something.

i have dreams similar to the bus dream of yours a lot, although usually i'm on a plane. and it either starts taxiing down the freeway or dude starts swerving around all low between skyscrapers or... once the plane got REALLY REALLY SMALL but we were still in it. it's weird. the weirdest thing is, i'm never as nervous as you'd think you'd be if you were on a jumbo jet taxiing at 300 mph down the freeway. i'm just like, okay, this is a little unorthodox but i'm sure we'll be okay... probably.

so.

check it.

i took a little nap and dreamed, among other things, that some stranger came up to me with a big dog, and i'm all weird about it and the owner was like, come here, fido, and the dog walks away. then i get up, stop by quiznos on the way to the gym, eat outside -- AND THIS DUDE COMES UP TO ME WITH A BIG DOG, SAYS, COME HERE, AND THEY WALK AWAY. i'd forgotten about the dream that seriously i'd probably had not even an hour before and when this happens i totally remembered it. :o :o :o :o

totally precog man. freaky. this was like, just a few hours ago.
Written By: Haynsoul on 03/24/07 at 4:35 am

This happened around 7 years ago when I was 10. Me, my dad and my sister used to visit grandma's house once in a while which is all the way across the island (i live in hawaii) and the shortest route was to go through a freeway that cut through the mountains. I heard of people seeing spirits around there but I didn't really think anything of it.

So anyways we were heading back home from my grandma's house and it was already night time. While we were driving through the freeway I looked around on the passenger seat next to me (I was alone in the back) and I THOUGHT I saw a little boy who looked a little younger than me in the reflection of the window on the other side. I freaked out for a second but then I just thought I was hallucinating or whatever since I only saw it for a split moment. The next day my dad found hand prints all over the back window of the truck we were driving last night and they were smaller than mine. I'm the youngest in the family so no one had smaller hands than me...
Written By: Tia on 03/26/07 at 10:01 am

This happened around 7 years ago when I was 10. Me, my dad and my sister used to visit grandma's house once in a while which is all the way across the island (i live in hawaii) and the shortest route was to go through a freeway that cut through the mountains. I heard of people seeing spirits around there but I didn't really think anything of it.

So anyways we were heading back home from my grandma's house and it was already night time. While we were driving through the freeway I looked around on the passenger seat next to me (I was alone in the back) and I THOUGHT I saw a little boy who looked a little younger than me in the reflection of the window on the other side. I freaked out for a second but then I just thought I was hallucinating or whatever since I only saw it for a split moment. The next day my dad found hand prints all over the back window of the truck we were driving last night and they were smaller than mine. I'm the youngest in the family so no one had smaller hands than me...
that's weird. sometimes i get stuff like, i feel something, feeling like i'm brushing against someone's hand or whatever, and then i turn and look and no one's there. i think this world is full of ghosts.

in other news -- it totally happened again! i dreamed that my best friend in the band and me were hanging out and getting along (we've been pissed at each other for a year and a half over the breakup of the old band) and i check my email and he's sent me this message that he wants to hang out for beers. another friggin' precog dream. TOTALLY bizarre.
Written By: lorac61469 on 04/13/07 at 10:08 am

This has happened a few times over the last couple of days, I'll be typing a sentence with a word that starts with "M" (last one was mouth) when I go back and read what I've written it's not the word I wanted to use instead it's the word "Mother". 

Written By: Tia on 04/13/07 at 10:14 am

This has happened a few times over the last couple of days, I'll be typing a sentence with a word that starts with "M" (last one was mouth) when I go back and read what I've written it's not the word I wanted to use instead it's the word "Mother". 

dude!  :o

http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/n-z/psycho/psycho_shot5l.jpg

actually, i think i did that on flashchat once, the weird "mother" typo. fortunately there's no written record.

oh, wait. now there is, isn't there? :-[
Written By: lorac61469 on 04/13/07 at 10:17 am

dude!  :o

http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/n-z/psycho/psycho_shot5l.jpg

actually, i think i did that on flashchat once, the weird "mother" typo. fortunately there's no written record.

oh, wait. now there is, isn't there? :-[

;D

There's a record of it???  Where??  I hope I didn't say anything stupid. 

Modified to say: DUH!!!  I'm so friggin dense sometimes.  ;D
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/13/07 at 12:13 pm

wow...that is really odd! :o
Written By: lorac61469 on 04/13/07 at 12:19 pm

wow...that is really odd! :o

I just realized that in 5 days it will be 2 years since my mother died, I guess it was my subconscience reminding me, that or my mother was saying "Hi" to me. 
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/13/07 at 12:20 pm

I just realized that in 5 days it will be 2 years since my mother died, I guess it was my subconscience reminding me, that or my mother was saying "Hi" to me. 

aww...that's probably it. The mind has ways of doing that to you.
Written By: Dominic L. on 04/14/07 at 12:46 am

The mother works in strange ways.
Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/16/07 at 2:58 pm

I think she was saying "Hi" to you.  My mom died two years ago also - on April 11th. 

Like Tia, I have dreams of things happening, and then they happen in real life all the time.  Only it's just little, silly things.  And they're a very small part of the dream.  It's freaky, but also pretty cool.

I also see people out of the corner of my eye a lot.  I think it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but when I'm alone, I'm always seeing someone standing to the side of me, but when I look over, no one is there.  :o
Written By: Step-chan on 04/17/07 at 12:43 pm

I tend to end up accidently predicting certain things, this has happened more than once with going to find out about who someone's rising sign is. I guessed that my sister's rising sign was probably Taurus, I put in the info and BAM! Taurus is what it is. Also happened with my nephew, I was wondering if he had Aries as a rising sign, sure enough, he does.
Written By: tv on 05/15/07 at 2:22 am

A couple of times in my car last year the radio stations switched by themselves.
Subject: Tia! LMAO!
Written By: cin on 06/05/07 at 2:06 pm

LOVE this thread--haven't finished but had to say TIA!  that was the funniest story!  Yes, strange, but funny nontheless, because I grew up during that era & can relate so well to your paranoia & the GREMLINS too!  Loved that movie! 
Written By: La Roche on 06/05/07 at 3:13 pm

once i took the wrong acid. i should mention i haven't touched that stuff in 20 years but back in high school i had a few misadventures with it and if you read on you'll see why i laid off that stuff.

did i tell this story already?

so it was called "pinstripe," right? we all take it and then, pretty much like ten minutes afterward some friend of ours comes over and says, hey, man? you didn't take that pinstripe, right? cuz it's cut, this kid in wheaton just landed himself in the hospital on that stuff. we were like, whatever, we took it already, i'm sure he was just a p ssy. we'll be fine.

okay, so i had this friend who was like, notorious for being the trip freak. he LOVED lsd but he would get zany! his eyes would get HUGE AND RED and he'd cackle like a fiend incessantly. right? so we'd stolen the plastic eyes off of a big metal bug in a playground some time before and he gets these plastic eyes, the size i guess of volleyballs, he's twirling them in his lap and being all redeyed and cackling and these plastic eyes are twirling in his lap, actually creating this effect...

:D

and that's what i was looking at when it kicked in. then we all lost our minds and i don't really remember much for a while, i was hanging with my bro kent butler, and we ended up wandering off cuz we were like, freaking. and when you freak out, you just start moving, i guess. we walk all the way back to my neighborhood (kent lived like a block away from me) and the whole time, okay, a bunch of other stuff happened including what i talked to a doctor later and we decided was probably a petit mal seizure on my part, and the whole time i'm not really tripping so much as being raked over coals in the sixth circle of hell. complete psychosis. and meanwhile i'm thinking, in the back of my mind, i was supposed to be home HOURS ago. which was true. my parents had told me to get home by ten but there was no way they could see me in that condition and it was like two in the morning by the time we got to my street. anyone who knows my mom, she did NOT play with being late. she'd stay up, drive around, call everybody, call the cops, call the hospitals, whatever. she would put some elbow grease into that sheesh,

so.

we turn the corner and my block is. completely. illuminated. there are at least literally a dozen cop cars. there's a searchlight. there's a cherrypicker fire truck combing the trees -- i guess they thought i might have been hiding in a tree? -- there's cops and detectives pacing up and down the sidewalk on both sides of the street. i didn't think to check and see if there was a helicopter but there was somebody with a metal detector, i swear to christ, waving it over our neighbor's yard. and in the middle of all this my mom and dad are walking with a gaggle of plain-clothes detectives, looking all terrified and fretful. i'm like, holy. mother. of. god. they unleashed the entire law enforcement and emergency response apparatus of the entire northeast quadrant of the united states after me! what the holy hell?!?

i grab kent, i was just, dude, we gotta RUN! RUN! he was like, yeah, i see what you mean! we turn around and fudging HIGHTAIL it in the other direction. run for like two blocks. i'm freakin'. FREAKIN'. kent's freakin' too. finally we get to a point we decide maybe we can slow down fom the all-on sprint, so we stop. i grab kent, i'm like, "jesus christ man! did you see that? did you see that?"

and he says, "yeah, i saw 'em!" and he bends over, and says to me, real quiet like, all conspiratorially, looking this way and that to make sure no one can hear him: "gremlins."

i'm like, wait. what? we go back to the street and nothing's going on. it's totally quiet. it was all a hallucination, it's just we each had had a different one.

that was POWERFUL stuff man. :o

That...

That is the best ever!

That's better than anything I've ever heard.

I'm gonna be telling people who'll never even meet you about that!

That's so awesome!

My LSD experiences were nowhere near as cool as that. Just.. a bit scary.

I remember dropping some and walking around outside my buddys house, he'd had a house party and it was about 5am, everything had got quiet and most people were asleep so we started dropping acid. Well, we walked outside and walked down to the gas station around the corner.. and I'm totally tripping, it's like there's two worlds. There's this bright world that's all happy and then this dark world with everything evil, all fears and s**t right... and I keep slipping between the two. So I'm walking along fighting to stay in the bright happy world.. and he's just totally mashed.. can't even see the sidewalk for the trees or whatever.

Anyway, it's true what you say, you just have to be moving.. and we must have walked a long way, because I know it's daytime, but I still know things aren't right.. and we've walked down to this big stripmall.. and whenever people walk past they're trying to grab me, so I'm clearly dancing around spinning out of everyones way.. and.. I guess we both started to regain a grip on reality soon after.. whatever that s**t was though, it hung around for a couple days, because I was downtown, walking past this store, with big plate glass windows.. and I turn and see a big black guy with half his head missing and with blue dungarees on.. and I swear.. I scream like a girl and run away.
Written By: Guest on 06/09/07 at 4:51 pm

Had to put my 2 cents in with the acid stories. I only took acid once, and not on purpose. I spent a couple of hours completely amazed and entranced by the hair on my nose. I couldnt beleive I had never noticed it before!
Written By: La Roche on 06/09/07 at 5:07 pm

Had to put my 2 cents in with the acid stories. I only took acid once, and not on purpose. I spent a couple of hours completely amazed and entranced by the hair on my nose. I couldnt beleive I had never noticed it before!

One of the wonderful attributes of amphetamines is that your eyes adjust to near and far distances much faster than normal, to the point where it 'seems' instantaneous. I'll admit to the fact that I've sat and stared at my hand moving it close and far away, looking at it and past it.. just amazed that it was staying in perfect focus.
Written By: Cloudburst on 06/09/07 at 5:41 pm

WOW...that's pretty creepy
Written By: Cloudburst on 06/09/07 at 6:00 pm

I had a couple of weird occurrences.

(1) Back in my "experimental" days, when I was young and foolish, there was this one time when my friend and I had just spent the entire night smoking up a huge quantity of meth. I remember that my friend was getting ready for work, and we were listening the the local oldies station. Well, my friend left the room to go put her makeup on, and I was left to myself. I remember listening to this one song, then I thought to myself "Oh, I'll bet the next song is I Got You Babe." Sure enough, that song came on. I thought it was weird, and jokingly said to myself "Oh, I'll bet the next song is Happy Together by the Turtles." Sure enough, that song came on next. At this point, I thought it was strange, but still coincidental, so I remember picking a Beach Boys song, and sure enough, that Beach Boys song came on. At this point, I REALLY started freaking out, and as soon as those feelings started, my trivial psychic abilities stopped.

(2) Another instance happened when I was 9 or 10. One afternoon, my mom was taking a nap in her room, and I was doing laundry. I remember entering her room to put some laundry away, and she was muttering, although I couldn't make out what she was saying. As I entered the room, her back was to me, and she was fast asleep. I remember that, a few seconds after I entered the room, the yelling got louder, but nothing was being said...it was just loud, inarticulate groaning, which TOTALLY freaked me out. I figured she was just having a bad dream, so I left the room. Now, remember, her back was to me. After I left the room, the yelling subsided.
When she woke up, I asked her if she'd had a bad dream. When she asked why, I told her that I came into her room, and she was yelling. She then got this very disturbed look on her face, and wouldn't tell me why. Well, she finally told me that she was dreaming that demons were on top of her, holding her down, and that when I came into the room, she was trying to call on me to wake her up, but that the forces were prohibiting her from speaking....like they were holding her mouth shut. Then, she mentioned about the laundry in my hand....which she couldn't have known about, because her back was to me, and I didn't tell her.
Written By: Cloudburst on 06/09/07 at 6:21 pm

I also had this REALLY STRANGE DREAM one time, which I still remember in vivid detail. It felt almost like a lucid dream, but it was SOO weird!!! It happened in the same apartment that the above account with my mom happened.
Okay, The dream began with me going out of my body. I remember looking down at my body lying there, and not knowing whether it was a dream or not, but that I didn't care either way. I remember floating around the house, and being totally alone....but it wasn't a feeling of just being alone in the house...it was like I was alone in the world, and time was standing still.
Anyhow, I'm cruising the apartment, and remember going into the bathroom and looking in the mirror, and couldn't see my reflection. I started making my way back to my room, but when I passed my mom's room, and felt a STRONG inclination to go inside, like something was drawing me into that room. I remember opening the door, and going in, and nothing seemed that different...just totally vacant (when I say vacant, I mean all the furniture was there, but there was no life or energy). Anyhow, I remember turning my back to the room, closing the door, and when I turned around, the room was completely different....the ceiling, walls, and floor were turqoise blue, it was long and narrow, and I could see 2 figures standing at the very end. Well, as I made my way towards them, it was like the room was expanding as I was traveling. After what seemed like FOREVER I finally reached the end of the room. At the end were 2 figures, one was heavy-set, sitting at a desk, with his head down, looking at a large book, with a feather pen in his hand. The other was a tall, thin man, standing to the other one's left. Their faces were blurred, and I couldn't make them out. They were wearing American Revolution-style attire, with powdered wigs, appearing very regal.
Neither me nor the gentlemen actually spoke, but communicated telepathically. I said "Why am I here." Neither of them said anything. The one guy never looked up, and the other guy just stared straight ahead. I asked them again "Why am I here?" Still, they said nothing. At this point, I started getting very aggravated. I said, in an annoyed manner "What do you want from me?"
The guy who was standing bent down, and the guy sitting whispered something in his ear. Then, the talll guy stood up straight and said "You are not ready yet. Please leave."
Well, I remember feeling this weird sense of relief and disappointment at the same time, but I was too afraid to ask any questions, so I just turned around to leave. The moment I turned, I was right at my mother's door, and the room was normal. I opened the door, and looked back, but the 2 guys were far away again, at the other side of the room, which was once again elongated. The thing was, I hadn't actually moved....just turned around.
Then I remember leaving the room, going back into my room, and re-entering my body.

25+ years later, I still remember this dream so vividly, even though I don't remember any OTHER dream with such clarity.
Written By: LittleMissUsername on 06/09/07 at 7:57 pm

Not too long ago I was visiting my cousins, and strange crap is always going on so none of them  gets worried by it . Sounds, lights flickering . It's an old house and they love it and it is not really  a spooky  vibe.  A lot of energy and a happy  family  feel. The kids say it's mema, just messing with them.

I walk in the back door with my bag, and hang my keys on this key hook thingy on the wall.  I  set my bag on a dinning chair .  I walk around the counter and give Jay a hug  and say hi and stufff, His wife is chopping  veggies  for dinner and I go to wash my hands  so I can help.  Jay hears his kids fighting up stairs and goes out of the kitchen.    I realize, as I leave the powder room that I've forgotten my phone in the car.
  I go for my keys and they are not there. I know I hung them there.  That's were everyone puts keys.  I have the same key shaped key holder at my home. ....I'm a little unnerved, but conceal it and look at my bag, and there, sitting on top of it are my keys.  I guess mema wants to keep me on my toes...

It's always something at their place. if you ask them if it's a haunted  they reply,  only a little.

The time before when I visited it was my phone charger, and before that it was my allergy meds.  I always find my stuff , and my cousins just laugh .
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/07 at 10:16 pm

wow...those are all creepy stories, girls! ^^^ :o
Written By: La Roche on 06/10/07 at 12:07 am

Not too long ago I was visiting my cousins, and strange crap is always going on so none of them  gets worried by it . Sounds, lights flickering . It's an old house and they love it and it is not really  a spooky  vibe.  A lot of energy and a happy  family  feel. The kids say it's mema, just messing with them.

I walk in the back door with my bag, and hang my keys on this key hook thingy on the wall.  I  set my bag on a dinning chair .  I walk around the counter and give Jay a hug  and say hi and stufff, His wife is chopping  veggies  for dinner and I go to wash my hands  so I can help.  Jay hears his kids fighting up stairs and goes out of the kitchen.    I realize, as I leave the powder room that I've forgotten my phone in the car.
  I go for my keys and they are not there. I know I hung them there.  That's were everyone puts keys.  I have the same key shaped key holder at my home. ....I'm a little unnerved, but conceal it and look at my bag, and there, sitting on top of it are my keys.  I guess mema wants to keep me on my toes...

It's always something at their place. if you ask them if it's a haunted  they reply,  only a little.

The time before when I visited it was my phone charger, and before that it was my allergy meds.  I always find my stuff , and my cousins just laugh .

Used to get that in a house I used to live in.. apparently it still goes on.

Things that you would never normally move.. keep moving.

Like for instance, I had one of those TV aerial dealies that you just plug in the back of the TV. I'd go to work.. come home and it'd be sitting on the dresser.. :-\\.. I used to keep my headphones plugged in to my computer.. regularly, they'd be unplugged on the chair or something... my winter boots, would appear in the middle of the room.. in July. Just weird stuff, never really bothersome, just odd.
Written By: Cloudburst on 06/10/07 at 3:23 pm

Used to get that in a house I used to live in.. apparently it still goes on.

Things that you would never normally move.. keep moving.

Like for instance, I had one of those TV aerial dealies that you just plug in the back of the TV. I'd go to work.. come home and it'd be sitting on the dresser.. :-\\.. I used to keep my headphones plugged in to my computer.. regularly, they'd be unplugged on the chair or something... my winter boots, would appear in the middle of the room.. in July. Just weird stuff, never really bothersome, just odd.

Maybe someone was breaking into your pad and chilling while you were at work?

I once heard about a guy who got this ENORMOUS phone bill one month, with calls to Tokyo and Prague. Turned out that someone had been breaking into his home during the day and using his phone.
TOO funny!!!!
Written By: La Roche on 06/10/07 at 3:44 pm

Maybe someone was breaking into your pad and chilling while you were at work?

I once heard about a guy who got this ENORMOUS phone bill one month, with calls to Tokyo and Prague. Turned out that someone had been breaking into his home during the day and using his phone.
TOO funny!!!!

I guess.. but ya know, they'd have to hate TV, want to listen to my bad music through the speakers and enjoy walking around in my size 14 doc martens.  ;D If they were I'd love to meet them!

That story is too funny! Breaking in to use the phone.
Written By: lorac61469 on 06/11/07 at 11:24 pm

I had a couple of weird occurrences.

(2) Another instance happened when I was 9 or 10. One afternoon, my mom was taking a nap in her room, and I was doing laundry. I remember entering her room to put some laundry away, and she was muttering, although I couldn't make out what she was saying. As I entered the room, her back was to me, and she was fast asleep. I remember that, a few seconds after I entered the room, the yelling got louder, but nothing was being said...it was just loud, inarticulate groaning, which TOTALLY freaked me out. I figured she was just having a bad dream, so I left the room. Now, remember, her back was to me. After I left the room, the yelling subsided.
When she woke up, I asked her if she'd had a bad dream. When she asked why, I told her that I came into her room, and she was yelling. She then got this very disturbed look on her face, and wouldn't tell me why. Well, she finally told me that she was dreaming that demons were on top of her, holding her down, and that when I came into the room, she was trying to call on me to wake her up, but that the forces were prohibiting her from speaking....like they were holding her mouth shut. Then, she mentioned about the laundry in my hand....which she couldn't have known about, because her back was to me, and I didn't tell her.

That story just sent a chill down my spine.  Creepy!!