inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Most Boring Horror Movies
Written By: yoidy on 02/01/07 at 4:25 pm

A few come to mind. Reincarnation Of Peter Proud, Rosemary's Baby (sorry, but it's so sophisticated, it bores me!).
Subject: Re: Most Boring Horror Movies
Written By: Jessica on 02/01/07 at 5:20 pm

An American Haunting. Suppposedly about the Bell Witch incident, but they turned it into typical Hollywood crap. I was so pissed. :P

And I don't care what anyone says, The Blair Witch Project was THE STUPIDEST movie ever.
Written By: Tia on 02/01/07 at 5:28 pm

blair witch is one of THOSE movies. i remember i saw that in the theater when it came out and i was chewing on the back of the seat in front of me at the end, just, THIS MOVIE IS SO FREAKING WEIRD AND MESSED UP AND AWESOME and right when i'm getting ready to start looking around going, okay, was that just the best damn movie since citizen kane or what? some high school girl behind me says, "huh. was that it? that was totally gay."
Written By: Tia on 02/01/07 at 5:29 pm

anyway, for boring, i'll have to go with the works of ken russell (altered states is the one he did that's something like a straight-up horror movie). man's smart, yes, but damn, dude... PACING! PACING!

the haunting is a very slow-paced horror movie. i actually love it but, like, nothing happens in it.
Written By: whistledog on 02/01/07 at 5:36 pm

An American Haunting. Suppposedly about the Bell Witch incident, but they turned it into typical Hollywood crap. I was so pissed. :P

And I don't care what anyone says, The Blair Witch Project was THE STUPIDEST movie ever.

Blair Witch was pretty bad, no extremely bad.  I never saw the sequel, and don't intend to.  lol
Written By: skittlesking on 02/01/07 at 8:26 pm

The 2nd movie in the Halloween series, where Mike Myers wasn't even part of it. . .although the H2O version was pretty bad too.  I just couldn't follow the 2nd one those, Halloween 2 put me to sleep, my roomate bought the whole series as a set, and sometimes I watch the 2nd one when I have insomnia. . .the H2O one is so short that you don't care when the people die, the character development is as bad as it gets. . .typical of Horror Movies I know, but for Mike Myers that's just wrong to do to the series.
Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/01/07 at 9:40 pm

Blair Witch was pretty bad, no extremely bad.  I never saw the sequel, and don't intend to.  lol

I saw both, and I want my money back.
Written By: yoidy on 02/02/07 at 7:31 pm

I'll add The Changeling with George C Scott, and Flowers In The Attic. Both left me sound asleep on the sofa.
Written By: Jessica on 02/03/07 at 7:41 pm

I'll add The Changeling with George C Scott, and Flowers In The Attic. Both left me sound asleep on the sofa.

Awwww, I liked Flowers In the Attic. The book was better though. ;D
Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/04/07 at 7:37 pm

Flowers In the Attic was too weird and depressing of a movie, for me.
Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/04/07 at 9:14 pm

The 2nd movie in the Halloween series, where Mike Myers wasn't even part of it. . .although the H2O version was pretty bad too.  I just couldn't follow the 2nd one those, Halloween 2 put me to sleep, my roomate bought the whole series as a set, and sometimes I watch the 2nd one when I have insomnia. . .the H2O one is so short that you don't care when the people die, the character development is as bad as it gets. . .typical of Horror Movies I know, but for Mike Myers that's just wrong to do to the series.

Michael Myers was in the 2nd movie. Are you referring to the 3rd one (Season of the Witch)?

The second installment of the Nightmare on Elm Street. It is just pure crap.
Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/05/07 at 12:09 am

This just in, I thought that the third Halloween film, sucked.  ::)  ;D
Written By: Tia on 02/05/07 at 5:56 am

halloween 3 is totally hilarious. your mere mention of it, i might have to watch it again. "happy, happy halloween!"
Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/05/07 at 6:21 am

Have to agree "An American Haunting" was bad, really bad.

Also "The Wicker Man" starring Nic Cage

American Psycho was awful too
Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/05/07 at 12:13 pm

halloween 3 is totally hilarious. your mere mention of it, i might have to watch it again. "happy, happy halloween!"

Hilarious you mean....

;D
Written By: skittlesking on 02/08/07 at 11:41 pm

Michael Myers was in the 2nd movie. Are you referring to the 3rd one (Season of the Witch)?

The second installment of the Nightmare on Elm Street. It is just pure crap.
  Thank Tanya--yes that one-sorry bout that. . .
Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/11/07 at 4:39 pm

Avtually, I kind of like the third film, yes it's a bit much.  But I pretty much like the film, for Christian Bale's performance.
Written By: Cloudburst on 06/09/07 at 5:20 pm

Wow...I really enjoyed The Wicker Man...I thought it was interesting and unpredictable.
Someone also metioned Rosemary's Baby, which I also thought was good.

Hmmm....boring horror movie. I'll have to go with Hollow Man, The Grudge, and the most BORING horror movie I've EVER seen, Lady In The Water.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/10/07 at 12:31 am

I also hated that French horror movie, Haute tension
Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/07 at 12:37 am

Wow...I really enjoyed The Wicker Man...I thought it was interesting and unpredictable.
Someone also metioned Rosemary's Baby, which I also thought was good.

Hmmm....boring horror movie. I'll have to go with Hollow Man, The Grudge, and the most BORING horror movie I've EVER seen, Lady In The Water.

The Wicker Man is now a cult classic.
Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/10/07 at 1:06 am

The Wicker Man is now a cult classic.

Never saw the original, but Nic Cage's remake was alright, but not one of the better horror films I've seen.
Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/07 at 1:14 am

Never saw the original, but Nic Cage's remake was alright, but not one of the better horror films I've seen.
Of course I talk of the original with Edward Woodward. I tend to avoid remakes.
Written By: Cloudburst on 06/10/07 at 9:51 am

Of course I talk of the original with Edward Woodward. I tend to avoid remakes.

I didn't know it was a remake. I'll have to check out the original!!
Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/07 at 9:57 am

I didn't know it was a remake. I'll have to check out the original!!
The original Wicker Man